Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Saints and Soldiers

My wife and I just watched the DVD of this movie this past weekend. For me it was the best war movie I've ever seen and the best I've seen in several years. It won like 13 best picture awards at Independent film festivals. Great acting and the war scenes are great and down right unbelieveable for a film made on less than $1 million.

See website www.SaintsandSoldiers.com for more info.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default RE:Saints and Soldiers

Wait a second.... My head is spinning. Did you just say "WIFE"?!!

My goodness, when did this happen?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Congradulations!! *Runs out the door to buy champaigne*

(Thanks for the info on the good movie too!)
Old 06-13-2005, 04:18 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Saints and Soldiers

I'm not so sure. I thought LRB's wife melted years ago. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:47 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Yep, My wife and I married Dec. 10th of last year. Thought I had posted on this, but guess I didn't. It was the main reason that I took a hiatus from posting earlier this year. Preoccupied with other activities. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Belated congratulations, LRB[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
Old 06-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Atta boy, LRB. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, LRB. How about this movie, how does it compare to what I call the best war "movie" ever, Band of Brothers?
Old 06-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

Quote:
how does it compare to what I call the best war "movie" ever, Band of Brothers?
I'd say that it's right up there. I absolutely loved band of brothers and can't say enough good things about it. But for me, Saints and Soldiers was even better. BTW 2 of the main characters are from the 101st Airborne division same as Band of Brothers. But unlike Band of Brothers it's based on serval actual events woven together into a fictional story. For me though I was absolutely wowed watching it the 2nd time with the directors commentary and seeing how they made this incredibly realistic war movie on a shoe string budget. I would say that both movies would compliment each other very well.

BTW if your dad likes war movies, this would be a great father's day gift.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:04 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a damn fine endorsement. I bought Band of Brothers on the DVD set and have watched it several times. I loved it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote