Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #41
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog80 View Post
Dirk's great.

As for Terry's quote, I'd rather have seen him hit a few shots against the Spurs while Dirk was out and shut the hell up now vs. talking again as he prepares to hop back on Dirk's coattails to let the German do the heavy lifting.
Seriously, usually JETs comments got me fired up, but with his recent disappearings in the playoffs they tend to rub me the wrong way nowadays.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #42
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban on the Kings-Hornets trade:
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba..._cid=nhffromfb
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #43
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The article no one cares about because it's a deadline piece that only talks about practice.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/2/24/2012549/practice
Old 02-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Jet with the camera in the mavs insider...Really good stuff. Nice to see how much Brendan is a part of the team. And since when did jjb get called Luther?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-26-2011 at 12:08 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #45
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Jet with the camera in the mavs insider...Really good stuff. Nice to see how much Brendan is a part of the team. And since when did jjb get called Luther?
Where did you see the video?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #46
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Here are a few from FoxSouthwest:

Miami - http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pa...b27LSD32H_dipb ---Dirk is funny in this one.

NY: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/video -- in NY

Denver: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/video -- JET busting on everyone including Roddy; Haywood showoff his dance moves.

Last edited by She_Growls; 02-26-2011 at 06:13 PM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #47
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood is an interesting character.

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2011/02/...ards-past.html
Quote:
Brendan Haywood walked into the Wizards locker room to see some familiar faces. Most of them weren’t Wizards players. He greeted a couple team personnel of various sorts and then looked across the room to where his locker used to be.

“It’s a little different being in the visitor’s locker room,” Haywood told me from the locker room of the Washington Mystics, where the road team is hosted in the Verizon Center, before he later made his way over to his former haunt. “But the team has changed so much that it’s not as big of a culture shock as you might think because there’s only three guys on that team that I even played with. So that makes it a little bit, I guess, ‘easier’.”
Back in the Wizards’ locker room…
“My son!,” Haywood belted with a smile on his face as he saw one of the three holdovers from his time in Washington. He and Andray Blatche didn’t hesitate to go toward each other, quickening their step to meet for daps and hugs in the middle of the locker room over the Wizards logo.
“Honestly, we need you back here,” Blatche said sheepishly, yet almost also fondly remembering the days when the Wizards were full of veterans who commanded vastly more attention that he did. Blatche can no longer float by in his basketball life. His current tough times are sticking out like JaVale McGee attending a meeting of the Lollipop Guild. Haywood’s locker is no longer in the vicinity of Blatche’s, and he’s not there to share the brunt of losing.
Haywood hesitated for a second at Blatche’s proposition, taking in the name plates of all the new players, noticing that the locker of newly acquired veteran Mo Evans had been placed next to Andray’s. Haywood seemed to appreciate the lost camaraderie, but only for a moment. Reality quickly came to light in the form of a joke.
“Naw, I think I’m going to go get that playoff check over here,” Haywood said as he pointed in the direction one would walk to get to Dallas’ locker room. Laughter erupted amongst several in the room, both of the laughing at you and laughing with you variety.
It was a slightly uncomfortable, but true moment representing the rebuilding uncertainty of the current Wizards team with a significant face of the past. But nothing unique to Washington, scenes like this happen every year as part of the business that is professional basketball. Names change, faces change, but teams move on.
This year’s Wizards, as you know, are pretty bad. They’re on pace to become one of the seven worst teams in franchise history, one of the six worst teams in non-Chicago history, and one of the five worst teams in my lifetime as a fan.
In my DCist column published on Friday, I broke down those other five bad teams and just how much hope, or lack thereof, they had in comparison to this year’s team. To travel down the memory lane of losing with guys like Tom Gugliotta, Chris Webber, Scott Skiles, Don MacLean, Rex Chapman, Jim Lynam, Michael Jordan, Richard Hamilton and well, Brendan Haywood, please give it a read.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls View Post
Here are a few from FoxSouthwest:

Miami - http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pa...b27LSD32H_dipb ---Dirk is funny in this one.

NY: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/video -- in NY

Denver: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/video -- JET busting on everyone including Roddy; Haywood showoff his dance moves.
Thanks she-growls...I saw it on the tv station where I dvr'd it. But it's nice to see these online. The ny one is funny because of the dirk triple-fake-out hook shot..

The latest one I hope will be posted later.

that denver one was long..funny...asking roddy why he's so hungry since he hasn't done anything in two months...

Last edited by dude1394; 02-27-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #49
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...layoff-success

Just stumbled over this. Its true that we still rank last in Points-in-the-Paint, but over the last 10 we average exactly 44 a game and have been held under 40 only once. Our average raised throughout February from 32.9 to 35.2. Still want to wait a few more games until speaking about a trend, but I think our season average could no longer be that meaningful.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #50
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...layoff-success

Just stumbled over this. Its true that we still rank last in Points-in-the-Paint, but over the last 10 we average exactly 44 a game and have been held under 40 only once. Our average raised throughout February from 32.9 to 35.2. Still want to wait a few more games until speaking about a trend, but I think our season average could no longer be that meaningful.
I think this is also interesting. Look at the shot charts lately.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/shotch...meId=310227028

Marion is living in the paint. So is tyson, jjb has an apartment there and jet has a condo. Lately the basket driving has come from all angles.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #51
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Awesome article by Stein, IMO:
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...arc&id=6166262

I love his take on Dallas now being a sleeper because the Mavs have been pushed to the "do something in the playoffs, then we'll talk" category.

If I was the Lakers, I might look into letting OKC take over 3rd. Maybe I'm being a bit of a homer, but it seems like the Lakers would matchup much better with the Spurs than the Mavs.

Of course that's assuming the playoff seeding would stay the same as it is now.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #52
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Just posted that article in another thread... great stuff!

Although I do think it's a bit of a burn that they featured the Knicks instead of the Spurs...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-01-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #53
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Although I do think it's a bit of a burn that they featured the Knicks instead of the Spurs...
Agreed. But I guess they just wanted to give the cities that have dedicated ESPN sites a little something extra for the playoff fire. But they really should have just taken the top 3-4 in each conference and done the same thing.

The comments on the article are priceless. I get a kick out of scorned SA fans talking trash while in the same breath (or another Spurs fan) telling Mavs fans to be more classy. All the while, idiot Mavs fans do the exact same thing. Love it.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
Old 03-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #54
bobbyfg7

Anyone want to throw a poor man a bone and post this... *gulp* ...Hollinger article? Or a summary maybe?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...PERDiem-110301
Old 03-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Link

Quote:
It's time to talk about Dallas again.

You remember the Mavs, right? The team that has the league's third-best record. The team that has won 16 of its past 17 games? The team that, for some reason, absolutely nobody is talking about right now?

Yeah, those guys.

Last season, you'll recall, they accomplished a similar feat, winning 15 straight games after the break against a soft stretch of schedule while my Power Rankings frowned in disapproval.

This year looks a little different. While the Mavs are only seventh in the current rankings, they're within a point of third. Look at the "rating" and not the ranking, and you'll see there are essentially seven teams as near-equals at the top, followed by a chasm separating No. 7 Dallas from No. 8 Philadelphia and the rest of the league.

Similar to last year, Dallas again has an unusually bad point differential for its record, with just a plus-3.9 average scoring margin; their brethren in the contender community all are at plus-6.0 or better. The difference is that they're actually playing really well right now.

The point differential numbers are skewed a bit by a horrid 10-game stretch when Dirk Nowitzki was out of the lineup, but let's focus instead on the 20 games Dallas has played with Dirk and without Caron Butler -- essentially, the team they'll take into the playoffs. There, the résumé brightens considerably. The Mavs are 17-3 with a plus-6.3 average scoring margin in that stretch, a far cry from the series of smoke-and-mirrors wins last March. Although the opposition was soft, 12 of the 20 games were on the road.

The Mavs are a weird team that doesn't quite fit our construct of what a contender ought to look like -- there's only one star, and they have a bunch of little guards running around, and their only real small forward is 92 years old and was released by one of the worst teams in captivity.

But they're really effective. And while they give off the same "regular-season overachiever" vibe that Chicago does in the East, one would prefer to have a more valid empirical reason for dismissing a team's chances.

Which takes us to the first big question in today's Western Conference FAQ: Can Dallas catch San Antonio? Jason Terry said it was doable, and Tony Parker's injury undoubtedly throws fuel on the fire. So …

Can Dallas catch San Antonio? Standing six games back with 23 to play, the Mavs have their work cut out for them, even with Parker out two to four weeks with a calf strain. (And given Gregg Popovich's history of valuing the big picture over the short term, you can bet it will be closer to four weeks than two before Parker returns). Dallas has only one game left against the Spurs, on March 18, so even with a win they have to make up five games in the rest of the slate.

Beating the Spurs in March would tie the season series, and making up the rest of the ground would probably allow Dallas to catch San Antonio in division record (one game behind if they win in March) and conference record (four back with a win in March), so that Dallas would probably, but not certainly, have the tiebreaker.

Five games back doesn't seem like much, but if San Antonio doesn't totally choke, then Dallas nearly has to run the table. Even sans Parker, San Antonio won't be bad -- George Hill can adequately fill in at the point, and Manu Ginobili and Gary Neal also can initiate the offense. The Spurs still have some big games left (twice against Miami and the Lakers, once against Boston), but even so, I have trouble seeing them doing any worse than 12-10 in the 22 non-Dallas games; most likely they'll do substantially better.

Take San Antonio's worst-case of 12-10 and you'll see the Mavs have to go 17-5; if the Spurs improve much on that 12-10 mark, it quickly becomes impossible for Dallas to catch them even with a win in March. Should San Antonio go 15-7, for instance, it requires Dallas to go 20-2 against a schedule that isn't chopped liver. And that's assuming a win on March 18; lose that one, and their hopes are toast.

So no, I don't think they can do it. But they could make it a bit more interesting along the way.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #56
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

impossible or improbable? man as a writer he sucks
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #57
bobbyfg7

Not exactly what I was hoping for from the Almighty Hollinger.

But thanks jThig! I gotta spread the love a little more before adding to your rep but hey, that's something for you to look forward to in the future. Try not to get too excited.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #58
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
The Mavs are a weird team that doesn't quite fit our construct of what a contender ought to look like -- there's only one star, and they have a bunch of little guards running around, and their only real small forward is 92 years old and was released by one of the worst teams in captivity.
This kind of crap pisses me off. I hate smart-ass sportwriters who couldn't make their junior-high team. A-holes..
Old 03-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dallas Bench Out to Prove They Are Second to None

The game against the Philadelphia 76ers was a battle of the top two benches in the league in terms of scoring production. Philadelphia came into the game leading the league with 40.1 points/game from their bench. The Mavericks bench ranked second in the league at 39.3 points/game. In the battle of the benches, the Mavericks bench outscored the Sixers bench 54-29. The Sixers still have the higher overall average in bench production with 39.9 points, but the Mavericks are nipping at their heels at 39.5 points. "All season long, I’ve been telling everybody we’re the best bench in basketball," Terry said. "Obviously, what (the Sixers) do offensively, they were number one (On Tuesday), we came out and we did what we do. Pretty soon they’re gonna talk about us."

Coming off the bench, Jason Terry led all players with a season-high 30 points. That means Terry outscored the Sixers bench, 30-29. Terry's bench running mate Shawn Marion also chipped in 10 points and 10 rebounds, marking his seventh double-double of the season. "Anybody on our team is capable of going out there and having a big night," Marion said. "It just so happened it was Jason (Terry) and Jason (Kidd) on this night. We have so much experience that any one of us can do it on any given night and that gives us added confidence as a group." Dallas is 36-8 when its bench outscores the opposing team’s bench. The Mavericks are 32-3 when at least two reserves score in double figures.
read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/3/...second-to-none
Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #60
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

'Coach 'Em Up': A Study Of The Peja Presence

http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1052436.html
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #61
dude1394
Guru

Tyson says that Brian Cardinal grew his hair out.

Quote:
tysonchandler Tyson Chandler

@Cardinal_Brian grew his hair out what's your thoughts? yfrog.com/h8zkiwcj

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Old 03-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #62
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^lols. Thats hawt!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #63
dude1394
Guru

Caron Butler on with Mark Followill(sp) and Earl K. Sneed..

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/enterta...011_03_03.html

Last edited by dude1394; 03-03-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #64
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
With a team that has won 20 of their last 23 games, the Dallas Mavericks continue to hit the drawing board to become a better team. When a team has three losses by a total of three points and they still feel there is plenty to improve on, you are looking a team that has their eyes on the big prize. That prize is currently in possession of the Los Angeles Lakers. The Mavericks (47-18) will take on the Lakers (46-20) on Saturday night at the American Airlines Center. “It’s the defending champs coming in your building, so it’s a big deal. To try and downplay it wouldn’t be being honest,” Coach Rick Carlisle said when looking ahead. “It’s an important game.”

There is playoff positioning on the line as Dallas have a 1 1/2-game lead on the Lakers for the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference playoff picture. The end to a challenging week which saw the Mavericks play four games in five nights has the Mavericks battling the two-time defending champion Lakers. Does all of these lead to Saturday night's showdown a statement game?
you can read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/3/...against-lakers
Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #65
dude1394
Guru

I'm not quite sure why anyone would care but.... The Dallas Mavericks Shoe Database.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...ar-database-2/
Old 03-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #66
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

someone get tyson a new pair of shoes
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #67
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy, dude ! You can provide links to any Basketball issue !

Last edited by GermanDunk; 03-22-2011 at 01:23 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #68
dude1394
Guru

I think this is a pretty perceptive comment..

Quote:
Posted: Today 8:11 AM
Eastern Conf. scout: Mavs' ball movement is best in league

Eastern Conference scout on the Mavericks' viability as a threat to the Spurs and Lakers out West:
"This is one of [the Mavs'] best teams. From top to bottom, they have a lot of depth and can play any style. Big, small, play through injuries.
"Everyone talks about Tyson Chandler as the big difference-maker, but that's not the only [difference]. Their ball movement is the best in the league. They don't have another guy on Dirk [Nowitzki]'s level, but the way they move the ball around makes them really hard to guard.
"I know they've done this in the regular season before, but I think they're legit. They have a lot of veterans, hungry veterans. And they have a lot of size now. I'd give them a puncher's chance against the Lakers."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydi.../nba-scouts-say

I give Rick Carlisle credit here, because he realizes last playoffs the Mavs were doomed because of very one-dimensional offense through Dirk. Unlike amateur coach potato coaches, he doesn't solve that by simply adding more minutes to certain players or crying to get new players by trade. Instead, he modifies the offense in a team concept to have very good ball movement. The Mavs offense is humming now and if they can keep sharing the ball, and get the defense back to early season standards, Mavs will be a true contender.

Last edited Today 8:11 AM by catsil
Old 03-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #69
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Mavericks Sweet 16? Breaking Down the Schedule

The Dallas Mavericks can see the finish line for the regular season, but there are still a lot of challenges to be faced before they can reach the end. Dallas is three wins away from an 11th consecutive season with at least 50 wins. Only the San Antonio Spurs (13 consecutive playoff appearances, 14th is this coming this season) have a longer active streak. Dallas is just the fourth franchise (since the NBA went to an 82-game schedule in 1967) to record at least 10 consecutive 50-plus win seasons. Currently, the Mavericks’ streak of 10 consecutive postseason appearances is the third-longest streak of its kind. The Spurs (12 consecutive seasons) are the only other team with an active streak of at least 10 straight seasons with 50 or more wins.

Catching the Spurs for the division title is likely a pipe dream, but the Mavericks have the Los Angeles Lakers breathing down their neck for the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference. Here is a breakdown of the final 16 games the Mavericks have on their schedule.
read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/3/...n-the-schedule
Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #70
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Time to buckle down

Quote:
Chandler provided ultimatum after Spurs loss

By Jeff Caplan

DALLAS -- We'll see if the Dallas Mavericks can carry momentum from their 101-73 win over the Golden State Warriors on Sunday into the final dozen games. Thursday's game against the woeful Minnesota Timberwolves likely won't provide much insight, but a six-game road trip that starts Saturday against the Utah Jazz, should provide all answers necessary.

If Dallas picks up steam on the trip as the postseason draws near, center Tyson Chandler can again be credited with a solid job of brutal, honest leadership.

After Friday's 97-91 home loss to the San Antonio Spurs, culminating a stretch of five losses in eight games and three in four, including a home defeat to the Los Angeles Lakers, Chandler stood up and made this plea:

"What are we going to do fellas? Are we going to go the opposite way? Because we can call it a summer real early. Or are we going to buckle down and get things together and get things defensively together and do what we all said we can do and accomplish what we all thought we could accomplish at the beginning of the year?"

The initial results Sunday were positive. The Mavs enjoyed their largest win of the season -- and first 20-point win of the season -- while giving up the fewest points of the season and the fewest points in a quarter, allowing just 10 in the fourth.

But, as Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said afterward, it's a 30-win team and no one's going to get too excited about that.

Still, after a brutal stretch it was a start, and at least Chandler said what needed to be said.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ter-spurs-loss

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #71
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I love that Chandler isn't afraid to speak out - this team needs to get behind those great, big balls!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #72
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

chandler????

he was been destroyed against LA and SA.less words and more facts man.

Last edited by JeffViggiano; 03-22-2011 at 02:50 PM.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #73
BGMaverick9
Guru

Dirk piece going up on MMB tomorrow. Remember all of that rebound-talk that was discussed earlier? We'll, we've got some numbers and words from the man himself.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #74
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
chandler????

he was been destroyed against LA and SA.less words and more facts man.
Like Terry.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #75
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
One is the loneliest number, but it also marks the number of rebounds Dirk Nowitzki had in the game against the Phoenix Suns prior to the All-Star break on Feb. 17. In the eyes of coach Rick Carlisle, Having the advantage in the rebounding category is considered one of the major keys to success for the Dallas Mavericks. For the season, Nowitzki is currently averaging 6.8 rebounds, his lowest average since his first full season in the NBA (1999-00). His rookie year was the 1998-99 season, but it was shortened to only 47 games due to the lockout.

Based on those numbers, concern was starting to grow where people wondered if Nowitzki's right knee was not fully recovered after sitting out nine games due to a sprained knee (late December/early January). The nine games that he missed marked the longest stretch of games he's missed in his 12-year NBA career. When you add the 12 years, consistent trips to the playoffs and summer commitments to the German National Team, concern about Nowitzki losing tread on the tires could be a legitimate concern. Questions arose whether or not Nowitzki's overall "lift" was completely gone or was he just biding his time until it was time to crank it up?

The 10-time All-Star has started to crank up the intensity in the rebounding department, which has helped the Mavericks' overall rebounding production increase along the way. Prior to the All-Star break, Dallas was out-rebounded by their opponents by an average margin of .3 (41.5 to 41.2). Post All-Star Break, Dallas has out-rebounded their opponents by an average margin of +2.9 (41.6 to 38.7). That is a significant change and Nowitzki has played a big role in their positive results.
read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/3/...g-playoff-mode

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-23-2011 at 11:33 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #76
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Good article, we appreciate all you do BG.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #77
BGMaverick9
Guru

Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #78
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Good article! But ....

Quote:
....by an average margin of .5 (41.5 to 41.2)
Not a math wizard here, but something is not quite right there...
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #79
BGMaverick9
Guru

I changed that, but I guess I forgot to hit the publish changes button. Oh well...it's fixed now.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #80
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Like Terry.
of course.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote