Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-10-2003, 01:05 AM   #1
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

This is going to be interesting. They're on the end of a back-to-back (they won the Suns) but they're not Utah. Not a single 40 year old in sight. Gonna be close, I think.

100-97 Mavs. Opening predictions please.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:09 AM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I was about a minute later than you Ames. I had to delete my thread. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I think the Mavs come out fired up and put the Timberwolves away early. I know we've struggled in the first two meetings, but as long as Finley doesn't have the ball in his hands with 15 seconds to go, we'll win. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, Mavs win. 108-92
Old 03-10-2003, 02:32 AM   #3
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

If they play like they did against jazz, garnett gets frustrated and fouls out. Mavs 98-89
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 06:41 AM   #4
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i see this one loud and clear.
Mavs win,almost a blowout,105-91.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:58 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 107-99
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 09:46 AM   #6
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

<< i see this one loud and clear.
Mavs win,almost a blowout,105-91.
>>

Blow out, eh? How about this for a blowout?

Mavs win by 25. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 09:55 AM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Mavs win 105-95
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #8
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

101-89 Mavs
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:39 AM   #9
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

95-92 mavericks.

game is a lot closer than ppl think. KG plays out of his mind.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:17 AM   #10
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

MAVS BEAT WOLVES!! 108 x 93
DIRK 35P, 14R
NASH 19P, 9A
NICK 16P
EDDIE 10P, 9R
Old 03-10-2003, 11:25 AM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Mavs 107
TPuppies 92
Old 03-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #12
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I agree with aexchange, I don't know why everyone is thinking this is going to be a blowout...

Mavs 98 Wolves 94
Old 03-10-2003, 12:27 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< MAVS BEAT WOLVES!! 108 x 93
DIRK 35P, 14R
NASH 19P, 9A
NICK 16P
EDDIE 10P, 9R
>>

Is Fin not playing tonight?

I notice we have alot of people thinking this game will go in the 90's which is why I asked. Anyway here's my prediction:

105-89

Fin trys to make up for his bone head play last meeting with 28 and continues to rack the boards with 8.

Dirk has his problems on the defensive side but shows us what he did last time we played them in the playoffs with 31 and 9 boards.

Nash and Nick equal over 12 assists together.

Najera gets 15 and 8 boards.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:43 PM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

104-94

Garnett is going to be benched by Najera with a quasi-flagrant foul in the second quarter.

This Najera is making the game boring.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:21 PM   #15
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Mavs 104, 'Pups 93.

Dirk explosion.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:01 PM   #16
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Being a complete stats geek this game is to good to be true. Dirk ups his scoring, Nash ups his 3's and the attendance goes up. Not to mention the best record of the league continues to grow. Minnesota had been playing great but they have run out of steam.

Mavs 111
t-pups 97
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 04:21 PM   #17
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Get this Flip Saunders and the TWolves are 53-27 in games decided by three points or less. I hope for a 10 point lead or more with a minute remaining. The mavs should have kicked themselves for blowing a 8 point lead with 1:25 to go and you go to overtime. And the Miami game they had like a 10 point lead and it almost evaporated thanks to a charge on the Heat they won. What is with this team and blowing big leads this season. 30 point lead into the 4th quarter and then get beat bad in that quarter 44-14, where are we in the clutch.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 05:21 PM   #18
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Mavs own Wolves, therefore 112-98 mavs
Old 03-10-2003, 07:28 PM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 114- TWolves 91...

Our starters will smash them early, and our bench will pummel them late. Kevin Garnett will score 24 points and grab 18 rebounds, but it just won't matter tonight...
Old 03-10-2003, 08:32 PM   #20
Dallas_Star

Dallas_Star is on a distinguished road

I am about to have a fit. This is the third time that an important game has come on and League Pass is not showing it. Anyone, is there even a way i can hear the game?
Dallas_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:36 PM   #21
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Same here Dallas_Star. This sucks!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 08:38 PM   #22
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Turn to channel 644.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:40 PM   #23
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Finley, that is some great defense.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:41 PM   #24
Dallas_Star

I live in new orleans
Old 03-10-2003, 08:43 PM   #25
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

<< I live in new orleans >>

Call you cable company and bitch to high hell.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:43 PM   #26
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

We look terrible right now.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:44 PM   #27
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

This sucks. 8-0 start for the Wolves.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:44 PM   #28
Dallas_Star

I called when they didn't broadcast the San Antonio game and they had nothing to tell me.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:47 PM   #29
Bayliss

But we are only down 10... and shooting less than 10%. Yes, things could be worse.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:47 PM   #30
Bookit
Diamond Member

This is where Finley's lack of driving ability really hurts the Mavs.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:47 PM   #31
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a joke? The only good thing I see for Dallas is that Finley has 4 rebounds.

Rasha Nestervic (sp) already has 4 blks.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:48 PM   #32
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

I'm SOL too.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:48 PM   #33
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely horrible start by the Mavs. We really don't look sharp on either end.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:49 PM   #34
MavsFanFinley
Guru

This is awful!!

Fin 0-3
Dirk 0-4
Raef 0-2
Nash 1-3
Old 03-10-2003, 08:50 PM   #35
Bookit
Diamond Member

Rafe out..good.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:54 PM   #36
Bookit
Diamond Member

It looks like it might be one of those games.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:56 PM   #37
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

This is gross. We look terrible; they seem unstoppable.

What's up with the slow starts of late? We can turn it around and pull it out against teams like the Heat, but not against teams like this.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:56 PM   #38
LRB
Guru

Looks like the Mavs might have mailed it in for this game. Let's hope they get a wake up call soon or this one will be over.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:57 PM   #39
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I sure hope the 2nd quarter is better than the 1st. Why are we having so much trouble with the Timberwolves this year?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Fin, 0-5
Dirk, 2-8

That's ugly!!
Old 03-10-2003, 09:01 PM   #40
Bayliss

Fin was blocked 3 times. Dirk was blocked twice and missed a dunk.

The shooting percentages are deceiving.

And it's not like we don't have a chance. The Timberwolves dominated. Only up 13 points.