Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Dear EA Sports,

I have bought your 'NHL XX' game for 15 years now, and the reason I play it is because it's fun to dominate the teams and players I loathe in real life. It's fun to win by a lot...every time. It's fun to have the game in doubt on occasion... like one out of thirty. But again, domination and imaginary goal scoring records is what I'm typically after.

So why, oh why in the _ _ _ _ is it so damned hard to score a damn goal in NHL 2009?
Old 06-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Dear EA Sports,

I have bought your 'NHL XX' game for 15 years now, and the reason I play it is because it's fun to dominate the teams and players I loathe in real life. It's fun to win by a lot...every time. It's fun to have the game in doubt on occasion... like one out of thirty. But again, domination and imaginary goal scoring records is what I'm typically after.

So why, oh why in the _ _ _ _ is it so damned hard to score a damn goal in NHL 2009?
I'm sure the reply would be:

Dear EA Sports Lover,

Sucks to be you. And don't forget Madden '10 coming out this summer! Thanks

EA Sports

Old 06-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Dear EA Sports,

It's not even funny how easy it is to score on NHL 09. The main way i score is when i'm coming down from the wing, wait til you get to the edge of the goal, deke once, backhand it in. It works 75% of the time. Another way is the wrap around. And since i pretty much play the game 2 or 3 times a day, i've just about mastered the one-timer on the break. The hardest goals to score are from the point. I dropped 32goals twice in franchise mode (once against toronto and atlanta) with the Hurricanes (they're not that good on the game). I average close to 20 goals per game.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here