Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Starting tomorrow morning. Repost all the goodies. Ellis in a Mavs jersey. Do we have a big five? (Calderon, Ellis, Marion, Dirk and Dalembert) or is it the big four? Big three?

Let's look at all the new faces and share our joy that the season is still beginning in one form or another.

9/30 Media Day (1:30pm)
10/1 first practice
10/??? First open scrimmage
10/7 first preseason game - Pelicans (7:30pm)
10/9 @ Grizzlies (7:00pm)
10/14 Magic (7:00pm)
10/16 @ Pacers (6:00pm)
10/19 @ Bobcats (6:30pm)
10/21 Rockets (7:00pm)
10/23 Hawks (7:30pm)
10/25 Pacers (7:30pm)
10/29 regular season begins, preseason ends.
They're having a public scrimmage on Oct 4th. Though it's more of a publicity thing. http://www.mavs.com/community/events/mavstoberfest/

If there is a big 3, it's going to be Dirk, Calderon, and Ellis. But more likely just the Dynamic Duo. I'm having dreams that the Calderon/Dirk pairing will be even more deadly than the Kid/Dirk pairing. Ellis is a bit of a question mark for me until he proves otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Opposing defenses are going to have some real problems covering this squad. Better shooters / scorers when compared to last years team.

Not as much of a drop off in talent when substituting a pg this year as well.

Any word on Devin Harris's targeted return?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Drop off in talent with pg? Seems more like a vast improvement at the pg position to me.
Actually given Harris will be out for a while, I think there will likely be a pretty big drop off between Calderon and Mekel/Larkin as rookie PGs typically need a year or 2 to really adjust to the NBA style of play. That said, I haven't seen them yet. Fingers crossed, you never know...

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 09-30-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
They're having a public scrimmage on Oct 4th. Though it's more of a publicity thing. http://www.mavs.com/community/events/mavstoberfest/

If there is a big 3, it's going to be Dirk, Calderon, and Ellis. But more likely just the Dynamic Duo. I'm having dreams that the Calderon/Dirk pairing will be even more deadly than the Kid/Dirk pairing. Ellis is a bit of a question mark for me until he proves otherwise.

Actually given Harris will be out for a while, I think there will likely be a pretty big drop off between Calderon and Mekel/Larkin as rookie PGs typically need a year or 2 to really adjust to the NBA style of play. That said, I haven't seen them yet. Fingers crossed, you never know...
I'm not sure about this. Mekel is no rookie. He knows how to play and it will show.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'm not sure about this. Mekel is no rookie. He knows how to play and it will show.
Gotta take your word for it as I've never seen him play. But there's also a significant difference between the European leagues and the NBA. Remember Antoine Rigaudeau?

Tags
murph is an attack on d-m