Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2004, 01:45 PM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ramdom Thoughts

I said it in the gameday thread and will say it again: we blew them out without playing great basketball. That is amazing.

Walker: Played pretty well. I saw two ferocious dunks that I wish he would do more often. He attacked the rim on those two plays like he didn't care if he got fouled or not. But other than those two, he was tentative around the rim and could not finish. But his rebounding and was there and tried not to do too much.

Howard: Daniels is not his closest teammate. Walker is his closest teammate. Howard rebounds very well. But he can not shoot. And he has no awareness in the open court. He buries his head and runs over whomever is in front of him. Nellie really needs to put limits on his open court game and shot selection.

Daniels: Played very well in the post. Is he our "Mitch Richmond?" Not as solid as Rock but is just as effective on the blocks. He defenitely needs to learn to see the pass better. And the switching on defense sometimes kills us.

Finley: Still did not shoot well. But was aggressive going to the basket. And that is all I ask of him. The shot isn't always going to fall but with his athleticism there is no reason why he should not be able to get to the free throw line.

Nash: The refs called some pretty sorry fouls on him. But he has got to stop his man from penetrating. Bibby drove pst him repeatedly.

Dirk: Played pretty well. But defending Webber he needs to make Webber shoot over the top and not let him drive. If Webber makes it, he makes it. But make him make it from 15 over pressure than letting him have the layup.

Najera: Played very well. He anticipates so well on the feed to the post. And really needs more minutes. If he would hit a couple of 15 footers while on the court, it would open up the rest of the players. He can't hesitate offensively if it is there.

Jamison: Always around the rim at the right time. Just could not finish well tonight. But he is amazing how he will find the seams, gaher the rebound amongst taller players and put it up and in without it getting blocked.

(Edited because of typos and forgot Jamison.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
Peja_owns

Peja_owns is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Ramdom Thoughts

A blowout doesn't count for more than 1 win. But either way, the Mavs dominated that game. Props to the mavs
Peja_owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:53 PM   #3
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Ramdom Thoughts

Walker impressed me, for sure. I'm liking those 2 furious slams I saw from him. One to start off the game and give Dallas a tad bit of momentum. There's no better way to start a game then to throw one down in your opponent's face. 8 points, 2 steals, 3 assists, and 9 rebounds for Toine... I wish he would play like that more often.

Also, where would we be in this series without Najera? I thank God every day for Eddie.

Another thing... They should retire Marquis Daniels' jersey RIGHT NOW!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Great showing for the rook.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote