Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #41
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
You're insane.
Seriously, so the plan is to roll with Nash, Dirk and Marion? because that will be about it
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #42
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
Seriously, so the plan is to roll with Nash, Dirk and Marion? because that will be about it
I don't know what the plan is. I was merely responding to the claim (as I understood it) that 2 years at 8 million per for Nash would be a borderline insane(ly bad) investment. Nash at 8 per for 2 years would be friggin' terrific. I'd take that over Deron at the max without any hesitation, though Steve will undoubtedly get more than that.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #43
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Oh sorry...didn't realize nashie was such a competent defender.
He's average.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Nash was the most effecient PG by a wide margin last year (TS % of 62.5, second closest is currey at 60.5) he had the second best assist rate (only behind earl watson, yeah surprising) if you don't think that is a huge upgrade you aren't paying attention.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #45
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I don't know what the plan is. I was merely responding to the claim (as I understood it) that 2 years at 8 million per for Nash would be a borderline insane(ly bad) investment. Nash at 8 per for 2 years would be friggin' terrific. I'd take that over Deron at the max without any hesitation, though Steve will undoubtedly get more than that.
Fair, I went overboard with the borderline insane comment at least it will be entertaining to see Dirk/Nash.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #46
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Nash should be shooting for KG's contract.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #47
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Nash just basically said that money is very important to him (we've seen this in the past as well). He's going wherever will offer him the most money.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Nash just basically said that money is very important to him (we've seen this in the past as well). He's going wherever will offer him the most money.
I could see him going to a contender if they can pay him within a certain range of his largest offer...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #49
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
I don't know how you can make that assertion. The field day opposing point guards would have driving into the lane against Nash would cause all sorts of downstream issues for the Mavs --- big man foul trouble, help/rotation defense issues, and poorer perimeter rotations as a result of penetration into the lane.

I just don't know if Nash's offensive skills really offset the liabilities he causes on the defensive end. Gortat would be a very nice get, but I just don't think thats realistic.
This......

Nash can still pass and shoot some, but he's definitely not the player he once was... And even in his prime, Nash was pretty useless defensively...

Nash would be a downgrade from Kidd...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #50
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Nash was the most effecient PG by a wide margin last year (TS % of 62.5, second closest is currey at 60.5) he had the second best assist rate (only behind earl watson, yeah surprising) if you don't think that is a huge upgrade you aren't paying attention.
A huge upgrade over Kidd? Whatever...

You obviously are only paying attention to one end of the floor... And I don't know what Kidd's assist/turnover ratio is, but I know it was pretty damn good... Kidd just does so many things that don't show up on the stat sheet, and if you think Nash can account for everything Kidd does for the Mavs, then you are not paying attention...

Getting Williams and Kidd to sign here, now that is a huge upgrade over last season...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no comparison between Nash and Kidd at this point in their career. Kidd can't hold Nash's jockstrap... or sniff it.. whichever cliche you choose.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-02-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Well for what he is being offered by the raptors versus what the Mavs were going to pay, he probably should.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #53
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Well for what he is being offered by the raptors versus what the Mavs were going to pay, he probably should.
I agree with you. And that is perfectly fine with me.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #54
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Let's be real here. If we weren't gonna pay Nash $10.5 a year back at age 30, we sure as hell ain't paying him $13 a year at 38 with all his back issues. This is his last big contract he's gonna want to cash in.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #55
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
Let's be real here. If we weren't gonna pay Nash $10.5 a year back at age 30, we sure as hell ain't paying him $13 a year at 38 with all his back issues. This is his last big contract he's gonna want to cash in.
The per-year amount wasn't the issue last time with Nash, and it's unlikely to be the issue this time. Just like before, it'll most likely come down to contract length.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #56
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
This......

Nash can still pass and shoot some, but he's definitely not the player he once was... And even in his prime, Nash was pretty useless defensively...

Nash would be a downgrade from Kidd...
Am I the only one that remembers that kids cant guard quick pgs either???
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #57
Rick Carlisle

Rick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Am I the only one that remembers that kids cant guard quick pgs either???
Especially the 8-and-unders. They are just too young.
Rick Carlisle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trade and draft board