Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-08-2002, 03:51 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

BAD Radio mentioned that Oakley will soon be released and he wants to go to a contender and is willing to play limited minutes. I think we should be interested for the veteran minimum, which is about all any contender can actually pay. It would be addition without subtraction. Thoughts?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2002, 04:06 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Sure, I'd give him a try. If he doesn't work out we could just as easily cut him. I'd be for it.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 04:07 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'd definitely look into charles
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 04:56 AM   #4
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

I am not exactly sure how the CAB works in regard to releases. Does Chicago still owe him the balance of $7 million and the team picking him only pay veteran minimum, or does he have to clear waivers first and then can sign veteran minimum?
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 05:05 AM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Yeah, I think he would have to clear waivers. But who would pick him up at that price? And who could afford to under the cap? Plus, you'd need him to be a happy camper. So unless that is a contender, I don't see the point. And what contender is under the cap?

Conceivably, could a team use the mid-level exception to pick a guy off waivers? But that question is moot, is it not, because he makes more than that this year? although, he is owed less than that for the remainder of the year. Still, I doubt it.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 02-08-2002, 05:32 AM   #6
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

It was in the paper today about the John Starks rule. He can forfeit his salary for the remainder of the season and the Bulls would let him go, then he would be able to sign for the league minimum of $1.1 million for a veteran but it would be prorated obviously for half a season.

However Krause has said he would probably pay out the salary to Oakley. They did that for John Starks when he was willing to forfeit his salary.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:50 AM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

I suppose that someone could offer their mid-level exception to Oakley. According to realgm.com, Toronto, Sacramento, Philadelphia, Phoenix & Indiana are all playoff teams which still have the mid-level exception.

Old 02-08-2002, 01:26 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I like the part where Oakley says he is willing to play 12-15 minutes for the right team.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the link

Oakley release may be close - Bulls discussing letting veteran go
By K.C. Johnson
Tribune staff reporter
February 6, 2002 11:38 PM CST

LOS ANGELES - Charles Oakley missed his third straight game with a sore right wrist Wednesday, and that wasn't the only status quo aspect of his day.

The veteran forward, mindful that his role will continue to decrease as that of Tyson Chandler's increases, continued his season-long pining for a different location.

"I'm probably best suited for a veteran team," Oakley said after skipping the Bulls' morning shootaround at Los Angeles Southwest College. "I could help a lot of teams.

"Teams are always looking for a big body inside who can play the game, has been around and understands. I don't need a lot of shots. I can play just 12 to 15 minutes, maybe 20. I'll do whatever."

Oakley finally might get that chance. A team source said management has discussed the possibility of releasing Oakley outright because his $7.3 million salary makes him difficult to trade.

The move would have to made before March 1 if Oakley is to be eligible for the playoff roster of whatever team signed him. The Bulls released John Starks three weeks after the deadline in 2000, which angered Starks.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 10:16 AM   #9
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

since this topic is HOT right now, I wanted to bump this thread. I would love to see 15 minutes of defense and rebound on this team. If we can pick him, we should.

BLG
Old 02-13-2002, 11:53 AM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Amen to that BLG. I like you a lot more than that punk RCF.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2002, 12:04 PM   #11
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

WOW, thnx for the kind words Dooby!
Old 02-13-2002, 12:13 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't mind getting Oakley if he was to be cut and cleared waivers. However, it looks like that will never happen. Krause has come out and said openly that he won't let Oak go for nothing. I don't think we would want to deal for Oakley if his salary came with him. There have been some teams that have expressed interest in a trade though... I heard the Bulls were talking with Orlando about Judd Beuchler, Sasser, some junk, and a pick.

Even if the Bulls were to cut Oakley, he would basically get to pick his playoff contender, who would then sign him for the vet minimum (prorated). He has stated that his first pick is L.A., and I'm sure the Knicks are up there too. I'm not sure if he would be comfortable coming to Dallas, where they play a much more uptempo running style than he's accustomed to.

Still, it would be nice to have a big veteran rebounder/low post defender for a playoff run.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 12:24 PM   #13
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

All good points MA, and I agree, he's not our guy if he doesn't clear wavers. I think Dallas would be VERY high on his list however. While we are an uptempo style team, things really slow to a half court game in the playoffs, where he would be an asset in the paint. He has already said 15 miutes is good for him. While LA and NY might be tops, I would NEVER rule out the Cuban factor.

Interesting to see what plays out over the next week for this guy. What do the Mavs do, if anything, for a big man before trade deadline?

Any thoughts?

BLG
Old 02-13-2002, 01:11 PM   #14
mick

Unfortunately,I don't see any good available mathces this year for big men. Especially for what we know Mavs are willing to give up. Trafing Finley is not going to bring a difference maker on the front line. Howard's big contract would make it hard to get any takers who are willing to give us what we need.

I would like to see "Dodger" (since that is what Wang apparently wishes to be called) developed more this year at C. I beleive he can cause the kind of mismatches at C that Dirk does at PF. Our primary defense/rebounding will have to come from the SF position this year. Maybe a rotation of Najera/Manning/Newman. I like Griffin coming in for Finley. Buck is questionable due to his injury propensity.

Does anyone have any specific suggestions that are realistic for this year? I really want to hear them if you do.

Next year there are several interesting free agents, but we may not have the cap room in 2002/2003 to get what we need without trading someone. That is one good reason to try Oakley for this year. He comes off the cap next year, I think. If we were to try and trade for Oakley, what do you all think we would have to include (and Chicago accept) to get Oakley/Arteest?

Old 02-13-2002, 01:23 PM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

If only there was a guy out there that could come in and block a few shots and grab some boards. You know... the kind of intimidating defensive force that changes the pace of the game when he's on the floor. Someone who's mere presence prevents guard penetration. I'd like a guy with a decent mid range shot, but who woudn't beg for the ball and take away shots from the Mavs big four. It would be even better if he was a young center in his twenties that could grow with the team. A huge bonus would be if we could lock him up into a long term contract for well below market value. Wouldn't it be great if we could get a guy with these characteristics? If we could find that guy, Dallas would be in great shape. We could just start him in front of Shawn Bradley... our other shot-blocking, rebounding, game-pace changing, penetration stopping, decent offensive, non-ball hogging, young, affordable center.
Old 02-13-2002, 01:55 PM   #16
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

The more I think about Oakley coming here, the more I like it...We need a tough guy and who better to get inside Shaq's head...he's already done it once this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2002, 02:52 PM   #17
mick

Madape,

I'm not sure how many penetrating guards Bradley actually stops, but a couple of other names that fit your description come to mind: Michael Olowankhandi, and Nazr Muhammed. Now, how you would get them is another matter. Khandi is a RFA next year.
Old 02-13-2002, 03:03 PM   #18
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

call me crazy, but i'd rather have bradley than kandi and mohammed. if he can get back to where he was in last year's playoffs, i'd be VERY happy. he just needs to not worry about offense.
Old 02-13-2002, 04:10 PM   #19
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

MadApe and others,

I have 2 words that describe Bradley's situation last season......CONTRACT YEAR. How many chances does one tall, white, 110lb, uncoordinated, non-basketball playin', size 26+ shoe wearin', back talkin', no jumpin', no scorin', over paid guy need? My lil sis has more weight to her than SB.

Ok, that was a bit too much, got carried away. Shawn Bradley will never be anything more than he is now...a back up center, with shot blocking ability. I agree with MA about he changes the offense SOME, but as for playing against ANY other center, he's too weak, too thin, too much of a "P" to do really anything. AND to top it all off, his attitude is garbage! Why....because Nellie yelled at him during a game? Welcome to the NBA Shawn, when you don't do what you are paid for, coaches get pissed and you eventually sit. Hell, Cuban was the one yelling at him the majority of the time, telling him to "move you feet". He stands on his heels, gets pushed around and eventually...posterized. Do you think when coming out of a timeout, the opposing team sees Shawn, and they go "Oh no, not Bradley....Coach, what the hell are we going to do?" I think it's more like....."This is my chance at Sport Center!" We need a guy who can move his feet in the paint, grab some boards, and block some shots. ALL the things Bradely is NOT doing consistently.

Do I have an answer? Not really. Oak would be a nice gap fill for 15 minutes a game, but Krause can't decide what he's going to do (b/c he's a sloth of an idiot). I would like Kandi here, he fits in pretty good and I think and is only going to get better, but not sure if that can happen.

MA, I respect the fact that you defend Bradley on an almost everyday basis, that takes balls, but he's not even playing as good as he did last year. We need help. More help than Bradley’s willing to give.

Base Line Guy
Old 02-13-2002, 04:17 PM   #20
mick

To Make it easier for everyone who wants to trade for a big man, I've listed the C & PF from espn.com that we MIGHT be able to get via trade this year. I've removed the obvious ones not available (Shaq, Duncan, etc.). So, pick out who you want and "Let's Make A Deal".

A
Alexander, Victor, Detroit Pistons
Amaechi, John, Utah Jazz
Andersen, Chris, Denver Nuggets
Austin, Isaac, Memphis Grizzlies
Allen, Malik, Miami Heat
Augmon, Stacey, Charlotte Hornets

B
Bagaric, Dalibor, Chicago Bulls
Battie, Tony, Boston Celtics
Blount, Mark, Boston Celtics
Booth, Calvin, Seattle SuperSonics
Boumtje, Ruben, Portland Trail Blazers
Baker, Vin, Seattle SuperSonics
Bender, Jonathan, Indiana Pacers
Blount, Corie, Philadelphia 76ers
Bowdler, Cal, Atlanta Hawks
Bradley, Michael, Toronto Raptors
Brand, Elton, Los Angeles Clippers
Brezec, Primoz, Indiana Pacers
Brown, Ernest, Miami Heat
Brown, Kedrick, Boston Celtics
Brown, Kwame, Washington Wizards
Brown, P.J., Charlotte Hornets
Bryant, Mark, San Antonio Spurs
Bullard, Matt, Charlotte Hornets

C
Camby, Marcus, New York Knicks
Campbell, Elden, Charlotte Hornets
Cato, Kelvin, Houston Rockets
Clark, Keon, Toronto Raptors
Coleman, Derrick, Philadelphia 76ers
Collier, Jason, Houston Rockets
Collins, Jarron, Utah Jazz
Collins, Jason, New Jersey Nets
Cunningham, William, Indiana Pacers
Curry, Eddy, Chicago Bulls
Caffey, Jason, Milwaukee Bucks
Cardinal, Brian, Detroit Pistons
Chandler, Tyson, Chicago Bulls
Croshere, Austin, Indiana Pacers

D
Dalembert, Samuel, Philadelphia 76ers
Dampier, Erick, Golden State Warriors
Davis, Antonio, Toronto Raptors
Davis, Dale, Portland Trail Blazers
DeClercq, Andrew, Orlando Magic
Diop, DeSagana, Cleveland Cavaliers
Divac, Vlade, Sacramento Kings
Doleac, Michael, Cleveland Cavaliers
Drobnjak, Predrag, Seattle SuperSonics
Dudley, Chris, Portland Trail Blazers

E
Ellis, LaPhonso, Miami Heat
Ewing, Patrick, Orlando Magic
Ekezie, Obinna, Los Angeles Clippers

F
Feick, Jamie, New Jersey Nets
Fortson, Danny, Golden State Warriors
Foster, Greg, Milwaukee Bucks
Foster, Jeff, Indiana Pacers
Foyle, Adonal, Golden State Warriors
Ferry, Danny, San Antonio Spurs
Ford, Alton, Phoenix Suns
Fortson, Danny, Golden State Warriors
Funderburke, Lawrence, Sacramento Kings

G
Garrett, Dean, Minnesota Timberwolves
Geiger, Matt, Philadelphia 76ers
Grant, Paul, New Jersey Nets
Garrity, Pat, Orlando Magic
Gatling, Chris, Miami Heat
Grant, Brian, Miami Heat
Grant, Horace, Orlando Magic
Gugliotta, Tom, Phoenix Suns

H
Hunter, Steven, Orlando Magic
Hamilton, Zendon, Denver Nuggets
Harrington, Al, Indiana Pacers
Harrington, Othella, New York Knicks
Haston, Kirk, Charlotte Hornets
Henderson, Alan, Atlanta Hawks
Hill, Tyrone, Cleveland Cavaliers
Horry, Robert, Los Angeles Lakers

I
Ilgauskas, Zydrunas, Cleveland Cavaliers
J
Jackson, Marc, Golden State Warriors
James, Jerome, Seattle SuperSonics
Johnson, Ervin, Milwaukee Bucks
Jones, Alvin, Philadelphia 76ers
Jamison, Antawn, Golden State Warriors
Jamison, Harold, Los Angeles Clippers
Jones, Jumaine, Cleveland Cavaliers
Jones, Popeye, Washington Wizards

K
Knight, Travis, New York Knicks
Kemp, Shawn, Portland Trail Blazers
Kukoc, Toni, Atlanta Hawks

L
LaFrentz, Raef, Denver Nuggets
Lauderdale, Priest, Portland Trail Blazers
Long, Art, Seattle SuperSonics
Laettner, Christian, Washington Wizards
Long, Art, Seattle SuperSonics
Long, Grant, Memphis Grizzlies
Lynch, George, Charlotte Hornets

M
MacCulloch, Todd, New Jersey Nets
Magloire, Jamaal, Charlotte Hornets
Marks, Sean, Miami Heat
Massenburg, Tony, Memphis Grizzlies
McCaskill, Amal, San Antonio Spurs
McCoy, Jelani, Los Angeles Lakers
Meyer, Loren, Miami Heat
Mihm, Chris, Cleveland Cavaliers
Miller, Brad, Chicago Bulls
Mohammed, Nazr, Atlanta Hawks
Montross, Eric, Toronto Raptors
Moore, Mikki, Detroit Pistons
M
Madsen, Mark, Los Angeles Lakers
Magloire, Jamaal, Charlotte Hornets
Malone, Karl, Utah Jazz
Marks, Sean, Miami Heat
Martin, Kenyon, New Jersey Nets
Mason, Anthony, Milwaukee Bucks
Massenburg, Tony, Memphis Grizzlies
McCarty, Walter, Boston Celtics
McCaskill, Amal, San Antonio Spurs
McKey, Derrick, Philadelphia 76ers
Medvedenko, Stanislav, Los Angeles Lakers
Mihm, Chris, Cleveland Cavaliers
Mills, Chris, Golden State Warriors
Mitchell, Sam, Minnesota Timberwolves
Moiso, Jerome, Charlotte Hornets
Mottola, Hanno, Atlanta Hawks
Murphy, Troy, Golden State Warriors
Murray, Tracy, Toronto Raptors

N
N'diaye, Mamadou, Toronto Raptors
Nesterovic, Radoslav, Minnesota Timberwolves
Ndiaye, Makhtar, Cleveland Cavaliers
Nesby, Tyrone, Washington Wizards

O
Oakley, Charles, Chicago Bulls
Outlaw, Bo, Phoenix Suns
Oyedeji, Olumide, Seattle SuperSonics
Olajuwon, Hakeem, Toronto Raptors
Olowokandi, Michael, Los Angeles Clippers
Ostertag, Greg, Utah Jazz

P
Parks, Cherokee, San Antonio Spurs
Pollard, Scot, Sacramento Kings
Pope, Mark, Milwaukee Bucks
Potapenko, Vitaly, Boston Celtics
Przybilla, Joel, Milwaukee Bucks
Padgett, Scott, Utah Jazz
Parks, Cherokee, San Antonio Spurs
Patterson, Andrae, Minnesota Timberwolves
Pollard, Scot, Sacramento Kings
Pope, Mark, Milwaukee Bucks
Potapenko, Vitaly, Boston Celtics

R
Radmanovic, Vladimir, Seattle SuperSonics
Randolph, Zachary, Portland Trail Blazers
Ratliff, Theo, Atlanta Hawks
Reid, Don, Orlando Magic
Robinson, Clifford, Detroit Pistons
Rogers, Carlos, Indiana Pacers
Rogers, Rodney, Phoenix Suns
Rebraca, Zeljko, Detroit Pistons
Robinson, David, San Antonio Spurs
Rooks, Sean, Los Angeles Clippers

S
Spencer, Felton, New York Knicks
Stepania, Vladimir, Miami Heat
Stewart, Michael, Toronto Raptors
Sundov, Bruno, Indiana Pacers
Swift, Stromile, Memphis Grizzlies
Scalabrine, Brian, New Jersey Nets
Skinner, Brian, Cleveland Cavaliers
Smith, Jabari, Philadelphia 76ers
Smith, Joe, Minnesota Timberwolves
Smith, Leon, Atlanta Hawks
Strickland, Mark, Atlanta Hawks

T
Taylor, Maurice, Houston Rockets
Thomas, Etan, Washington Wizards
Thomas, Kenny, Houston Rockets
Thomas, Kurt, New York Knicks
Thomas, Tim, Milwaukee Bucks
Traylor, Robert, Charlotte Hornets
Trent, Gary, Minnesota Timberwolves
Tsakalidis, Iakovos, Phoenix Suns
V
Varda, Ratko, Detroit Pistons
Voskuhl, Jake, Phoenix Suns
W
Wallace, Ben, Detroit Pistons
White, Jahidi, Washington Wizards
Williams, Aaron, New Jersey Nets
Williams, Scott, Denver Nuggets
Willis, Kevin, Houston Rockets
Winter, Trevor, Cleveland Cavaliers
Woods, Loren, Minnesota Timberwolves
Wallace, Rasheed, Portland Trail Blazers
White, Jahidi, Washington Wizards
White, Rodney, Detroit Pistons
Williams, Jerome, Toronto Raptors
Williams, Walt, Houston Rockets
Williamson, Corliss, Detroit Pistons
Old 02-13-2002, 04:31 PM   #21
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Is that list long enough?????? Anyway, we do need an inside presence, but I don't think Khandi or Mohammad is the answer. Ben Wallace I would like, Dale Davis I would like, McDysse I would like but I don't think we'll get either one of those guys.
Old 02-13-2002, 04:55 PM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

<< Do you think when coming out of a timeout, the opposing team sees Shawn, and they go &quot;Oh no, not Bradley....Coach, what the hell are we going to do?&quot; I think it's more like.....&quot;This is my chance at Sport Center!&quot; >>

IMO, this is my biggest complaint about bradley. His attitude and aggressiveness. as in, poor attitude and no aggressiveness. his opponents are more aggressive than him on a nightly basis. he should be a feared shotblocker with as many shots as he blocks, but no one is afraid of him... well, i mean, he's a good sport and all, but he doesn't have an NBA attitude. he's not aggressive... sure, contract year or whatever, he had that aggressiveness in the playoffs last year. his attitude was what was so great. he had confidence. now, i think he just needs to develop some thicker skin and not have his confidence completely shattered when nellie decides to sit him. if he continues to be aggressive, rather than sit and pout, we could see the shwan of last year's playoffs.

man, how many times can i type &quot;aggressive?&quot;
Old 02-13-2002, 05:05 PM   #23
mick

This is kind of the point I'm trying to make. Look at all the PFs and Cs in the league. Maybe a handful would be help us, but REALISTICALLY, can they be had via a trade. I'm guessing that 98% of the 190 or so on the list are not any better than what we already have, no matter how frustrated we become with their play or defensive deficiencies. Do you want Vin Baker, Issac Austin, Ostertag, etc? Those are the people we would likely have a chance at this year. Do you trade away several future 1st round picks for someone only around for a couple years (ie: Malone) to try and go for it this year?

I am afraid this year we need to be patient on the trade front and continue the development of people like Dirk, Wang, Najera, and if comes back from IR, Harvey.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:27 PM   #24
madape
Diamond Member

I question this &quot;contract year&quot; theory.. if Bradley was so motivated by money, why did he take such a tiny contract? People who may not like or appreciate Bradley must understand the miniscule amount of money he is making now compared to other less talented centers. For instance, this offseaspm Calvin Booth, Eschmeyer, and other inferior centers signed for about the same amount of money. You would expect that he would have been able to fetch much more if his agent would have aggressively combed the market. So that leads me to beleive that money is not his biggest motivator. And has he really slacked off since signing the contract? Remember he went overseas this summer and got in a whole lot of off-season work. When he's in the game, he shows just as much intensity as he always does. Don't you remember the flagrant on Kenyon Martin in Bradley's first minutes of P.T. in months? He's brought plenty of energy to the court when he's had the opportunity. He just hasn't had many opportunities.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:45 PM   #25
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Madape, Im sorry but man you have to see the light at the end of the tunnel man. Bradley sucks. If he didnt suck, Don Nelson would be playing him more man, come on. How can you defend that big 7 foot 6 inch stiff. He is no more than a average player. If he really had the attitude and some thick skin, he would be showing something in his limited minute role that he plays now. He did nothing last night. A flagrant foul means nothing. Don Nelson knows who can play, that is obvious, because look who is on the floor. Im really not trying to make ya mad or anything man, Im just telling you some facts.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 08:55 PM   #26
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

I have to agree somewhat with DallMav. I too am NOT making an attempt to piss you off MA. We have talked many times about Bradley, and for the most part I have been right there with ya, but I have NO MORE patience with a guy who plays inconsistant AT BEST and throws a fit about it. He needs to sit his ass down on the end of the bench without saying ANYTHING, when his number is called.....DO SOMETHING. Anything, but bitch and moan. This is a doghouse HE put himself into and HE is the only person who can get himself out. Having &quot;little whistle&quot; run the show a few weeks ago did help, but come on. If he plays DECENT, he can have minutes. God knows we need the help inside.

BLG
Old 02-13-2002, 09:12 PM   #27
madape
Diamond Member

In my opinion, its just become too personal with Nelson. When Donnie took over, Bradley got some p.t. and was pretty productive. When daddy Nelson came back, he went back to the end of th bench. If Shawn gets the minutes, I'm sure he'll be just as good as he was last year. The problem is that he's being frozen out by a coach that is frustrated with him. I don't think anyone can deny the fact that the Mavs are simply a better team when Shawn is playing well. In order to succeed in the playoffs, we need to get him back in the game, and feeling comfortable again. Nelson has stated publicly several times that he wants to get Bradley involved before the playoffs. In fact, Nelson was on the radio today saying that he was definitely going to try to go &quot;big&quot; for most of the game tonight. Shawn should get significant p.t. If it turns out to be Eschmeyer Nelson is talking about, then we know this grudge has gone way past the point it should be...

BLG - I'm used to arguing with folks about Bradley. It has become almost a matter of routine. Please don't need to worry about making me &quot;mad&quot;.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:46 AM   #28
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Oakley didn't get his release?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 09:59 AM   #29
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Wouldn't have mattered.

I had wondered earlier why Mavs hadn't moved to pick up The Oak, but then I remembered there were some lingering bad vibes between Charles and Nellie from Nellie's run in NYC.

Mavs have committed to taking on the Lakers with more offense not more defense, which is what Oakley would've been useful for. I might've preferred the latter approach, but the only thing to do now is to buckle in and see how this rocket-powered offense works.

Nellie only has a little more than 1000 NBA coaching wins more than I do, so maybe he's seen something I haven't.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote