Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2004, 02:04 PM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Sources" say the Mavs are after Malone again

From the Montery Herald.

[/quote]Malone is a free agent, and NBA sources say he is again being recruited by the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs. Both teams lobbied hard to sign Malone last summer before he joined the Lakers.[/quote]

Link to the article
Old 07-03-2004, 02:10 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:"Sources" say the Mavs are after Malone again

If we can get Malone for the vet minimum, then it would be a fantastic pickup. Our MLE is already gone, and I think that we need to reserve the LLE for trying to fill the holes we have on the team. Malone would be fantastic, but since he plays the same position as Dirk, he really doesn't fill a lot of holes for us. Still for the vet minimum, I'd love to have him.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose you'd have to start Malone at center...or Dirk. If Dirk's going to be moved back to center, then no thanks.

If I'm Malone, I believe I choose San Antonio over Dallas.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 02:19 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Murphy I agree with you on both accounts. Nellie would in all likelyhood start Malone, unless Shaq was acquired and possibly still even then by moving Dirk to the 3, aned it seems that Malone would be a better fit in SA where he could also make more money. If Malone comes to Dallas, it would have to be because he really wants to come here. I definitely would be very surprised to see him here.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:35 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Even so up until the finals Malone was a force for the Lakers. He disrupted Duncans rythm and some what held him in check. He gave all sorts of problems ot KG as well. His hard nose approach to the game would be a great fit for the mavs.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:50 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: "Sources" say the Mavs are after Malone again

Malone would be a great pickup for the mavs, just like he wold have been last year. I also choose san antonio over dallas.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't see Malone choosing Dallas over San Antonio unless the Big Fella is in the fold. Otherwie he would be stupid not to wear the silver and black.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 04:12 PM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I'd only accept Malone if he were to do what LA tried to do, but couldn't because they lacked depth.

Keep Malone on the IR all year and bring him in for the playoffs only.

Even then you might as well let him sit out the 1st and 2nd round.

The guy has two flat tires and he's running on fumes.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:21 PM   #9
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Even so up until the finals Malone was a force for the Lakers. He disrupted Duncans rythm and some what held him in check. He gave all sorts of problems ot KG as well. His hard nose approach to the game would be a great fit for the mavs.
He did do a very good job, BUT he was injured and couldn't play. Now he is a a +40 year old on a repititious bad knee. He would be good coming off the bench for the LLE. But I don't see that happening.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:27 PM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Injured late in the playoffs. Why would he be a better fit in San Antonio? Last time I checked Duncan was a pf, not a center. They already have malik, rasho, and horry under contract.

Old 07-03-2004, 06:06 PM   #11
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Last season all I head was... if we only had Aalone...and of course the inspirational...He will get his ring now.

Neither were fact.

He is washed up and a year older.

Please wake up.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:54 AM   #12
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about

He played great last year, until he got hurt. I don't think he every fully recovered from it either. I think he tried to hurry back, but it just wasn't there yet. I may be wrong, but I think he may still have something left.

And don't be so sure San Antonio would be a better fit. Remember, Timmy doesn't like playing the 5 either. San Antonio went out and got Rasha to replace the retiring David Robinson. My point is, just as he really doesn't fit here, he doesn't fit San Antonio that well either.
Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 12:57 AM   #13
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I would be pretty surprised if this actually came to frution.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 01:04 AM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I want no part of Malone.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:34 PM   #15
jayC
Diamond Member

Please don't get upset or anything. My source says the mavs will get better. I'm so sick of sources NBA teams talk to each other about so and so. Malone has never said what he is doing? He may just hang it up, he is the best power forward to ever play the game. Age was a factor last year too. I wasn't saying we were a malone away from a title, that was madape.