Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-15-2001, 01:58 PM   #1
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

for your information, that doesn't mean that it was me, get a grip.. ask me, give me the benefit of the doubt first.... there's more than one person capable of posting from the same computer..newsflash
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2001, 02:09 PM   #2
LAM0015
Banned

and if you consider i post from UNT alot...well, maybe something to take into consideration
Old 03-15-2001, 02:11 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

LAM0015, the chances of someone else having the EXACT same ip is highly unlikely. Especially considering a) the board's relatively small userbase, b) you appear to be on a dial-up and/or non-static connection, and c) you have posted anonymously before (AFTER signing up as LAM0015). If someone else really was at your computer, using the same connection, accessing this site, AND posting msgs anonymously..then I apologize for the accusation.

You've posted some interesting points in the past so I'm not hold that slip against you. No need to dwell on the past.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 02:40 PM   #4
LAM0015
Banned

actually, there are so many more people that post here compared to other mavericks post places.
i'm not even the only person that posts here from my office...it's dial up. a guy i go to school uses this board, ...the guy that posted the relative field goal percentages is in my office...why don't you have a talk with him.....
Old 03-15-2001, 02:43 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'll take your word for it this time. It's not that big a deal so let's drop it. This is just another reason for me to disable the ability to post anonymously.
Old 03-15-2001, 02:44 PM   #6
TheMurph

TheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the roughTheMurph is a jewel in the rough

Looks like more than two people from the same company aren't allowed to post.
Old 03-15-2001, 02:51 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

If I really thought this was a big deal, I could pull up the server logs to determine if it really was LAM0015 (by inspecting the session id and times). I'm not computer illiterate..I do know what I'm doing.

BTW TheMurph, LAM0015 has already stated he's on a dial-up connection. Meaning, the ip is not static and will change with each connection. Therefore it makes it virtually impossible for two people to have the EXACT same ip's unless they're using the same computer at the SAME TIME. LAM0015's ip changes with each connection (which explain why each of his posts has a slighly different address). Now answer this question..how come YOU have the exact same ip as LAM0015's latest post?
Old 03-15-2001, 02:56 PM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

A North Texas student? hehheh, that explains a lot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 03:08 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

Looks to me that LAM0015 and TheMurph are one and the same. This isn't looking too good LAM0015. Explain to me how you and TheMurph both happen to be using the same dial-up connection at almost the exact same time?
Old 03-15-2001, 03:58 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bust the BS fans up DJ. I am enjoying watching your proactive quality control. Sportstalk and other sites have long been plagued by BS posters, and this one doesn't need to tolerate them...
Old 03-15-2001, 04:12 PM   #11
LAM0015
Banned

BS postings?... what do you think i've had to put up with since i started posting here... a bunch of people with their heads up Michael Finley's rear. A bunch of people that the only thing they know about basketball is what the announcer's tell them. think for yourself occassionally.
that'll do you alot of good
Old 03-15-2001, 04:30 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

LAM0015, creating multiple accounts here is not allowed. Don't bother arguing with me because I've checked the logs and records. The account for 'TheMurph' has been disabled. Consider this your second and final warning.
Old 03-15-2001, 04:43 PM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

dude, we have no problem with your opinions, yet you have continued to bash ours in supporting finley. I like dirk better than fin, personally, but i think fin is a great player. however you don't agree with that, so i must be wrong (hey DJ, a smilie with rolling eyes would come in handy here...)
Old 03-15-2001, 05:15 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been BSing on Mavericks' boards for quite a while now, and I have to say that the quality on conversation on this site is much higher than I have seen anywhere else. The principal reason for this is the lack of multiple posting, trouble causing malcontents here. The use of multiple personalities to poke fun at serious posters is pathetic and angering... If DJ is right about you posting that Finley-Howard remark, then you should really think twice before you post more poison on this site. From what I have seen, you have presented some relatively informed arguments about Finley (albeit that they were excessively harsh), but your apparent multiple BSing garbage posting is an old act that does not need to be brought to this new site...