Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default League Suspends Stephen Jackson Again

Quote:
Stephen Jackson of the Indiana Pacers has been suspended one game without pay for verbal abuse of a game official, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.
Link

Looks like they are gonna be without Jackson again against us. Should help. Tinsley is also expected to miss the game while recovering with a bruised foot. So they are going to be missing two starters.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:League Suspends Stephen Jackson Again

Some Barkley comments tonight alluded to the possibility of an early re-instatement for Artest.

The day that happens is the day I stop watching the NBA permanently.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #3
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Not that I object to the suspension, but it's kinda BS when Nash didn't get suspended after doing the similar thing. The Pacers' image is really hurting the team.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #4
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Some Barkley comments tonight alluded to the possibility of an early re-instatement for Artest.

Overly sanctimonious much?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:

stop being such a cry baby, and besides your name says "nyc" so since both of us are from new york, we should be used to fighting.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: League Suspends Stephen Jackson Again

I agree with Kiki on this one but I like my Mavs too much to give up watching them.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Vinnie...that sig is a disgrace to millions of Dead.

Steven Jackson is a fool.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:35 PM   #8
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

thanks sike, I wasn't sure exactly how to respond.

band-wagonning-bush-haters are one thing, but this is well beyond that.

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:50 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
Not that I object to the suspension, but it's kinda BS when Nash didn't get suspended after doing the similar thing. The Pacers' image is really hurting the team.
Exactly. Though I think league is trying to get it into SJax head that he is on a no tolerence policy. Still think he and Artest should've switched suspensions.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #10
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
Quote:

stop being such a cry baby, and besides your name says "nyc" so since both of us are from new york, we should be used to fighting.
get rid of that signature, please!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: mcsluggo
Quote:

Overly sanctimonious much?
Nah, more like just over the abject bullshit that would mean the NBA had devolved to.

I'm totally missing the Nash comparison though.

And Vinnie, while you may be the chance product of some unfortunate drunken liasion, I CHOSE to live here, and in the civilized part as well. Don't even think to equate the two.

And _uck off.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote