Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2001, 10:03 PM   #1
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

Houston loses tonight putting the Mavs magic number at....screw the damn magic number and let's start looking at the other half of the standings. With Utah's completion of the "Texas Three Step" tonight (they have had their head handed to them by all three Texas teams in 4 days) it is very realistic to think that we can nail down one of the top four seeds. A win tomorrow night in "LaLa Land" would put our beloved Mavs a half a game out of third....yeah you read that right. Third place in the West is a long way from having to worry about making the playoffs. Yes, for all you pessimists out their, I know that this is alot of forward and hopeful thinking, but never the less, I think it's also realistic.
Old 03-29-2001, 10:12 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I won't be totally, completely, 100% sure we'll make the playoffs until the magic number is 0 dammit!

See that's what a decade of futility does to a guy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:14 PM   #3
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

I agree, screw the magic number...If they got #3, guess what the Mavs reward is? #6....The Blazers? Some reward...Damn pairity...
Old 03-29-2001, 10:27 PM   #4
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

well i dont end up with the lakers for a 5 game series..i worry they could put the smackdown on us, even if we held the homecourt advantage
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:50 PM   #5
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

the great thing is we play wonderful on the road which will help immeasurably during the 5 game series.
Old 03-29-2001, 11:02 PM   #6
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

I just noticed something cool. If we beat the Lakers tomorrow and the Blazers beat the Knicks tomorrow, the Lakers fall to 6th in the conference. That might shut up the yapping LA fans for awhile.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 11:07 PM   #7
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

No matter who we play in the playoffs, its going to be a tough row to hoe. The west is filled with nothing but trouble. So put on the helmets, strap on the seat belts and get ready to rumble.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 06:27 AM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Still, I would much rather have the home court advantage in a five game series regardless of who we play. We can beat any team in front of us including the spurs. There is no reason to be worried about who we play. Just get that home court advantage!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:44 AM   #9
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Of course the way the Mavs play on the road, it might be better for us to NOT have home court advantage.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 08:23 AM   #10
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

in the playoffs, the elite teams really step it up at home. it's always best to get home court advantage if you can..well, almost always. i agree with jc, let's take care of one step at a time...the lakers...securing a playoff spot...then moving up in the standings.
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 02:47 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

"I won't be totally, completely, 100% sure we'll make the playoffs until the magic number is 0 dammit!"

lol, Me too. It's been a loooong decade and I've seen some crazy things happen.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote