Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default ". .to win the war in Iraq is an idea which is just plain wrong"

Dude posted this quote in another thread, but I thought it'd be nice here, considering the elections:
Quote:
Saying the “idea that we’re going to win the war in Iraq is an idea which is just plain wrong,” Democratic National Chairman Howard Dean predicted today that the Democratic Party will come together on a proposal to withdraw National Guard and Reserve troops immediately, and all US forces within two years.

Dean made his comments in an interview on WOAI Radio in San Antonio.

“I’ve seen this before in my life. This is the same situation we had in Vietnam. Everybody then kept saying, ‘just another year, just stay the course, we’ll have a victory.’ Well, we didn’t have a victory, and this policy cost the lives of an additional 25,000 troops because we were too stubborn to recognize what was happening.”
". . . we were too stubborn to recognize what was happening," indeed.
The nutball defeatists like Dean, Murtha, Kerry, Pelosi, Kennedy, etc.
need to chew on photos like these from http://www.dustinmhawkins.com/wordpress/?p=15

A couple of years ago, many of these people pictured would have been raped, tortured, and killed for the actions they are safely taking today.

Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2005, 10:33 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:29 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Howard Dean and the Democrat Chicago Machine and the Seattle Machine have made it to Iraq.

Quote:
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- With the country's parliamentary elections slated for Thursday and early voting already under way, a truck carrying what are believed to be fake ballots was detained in the Iraqi border province of Wasit, the U.S. military said Tuesday.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-15-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

Hoo Rah Boys....Well done..Well damn done.

Quote:
Iraqi American Haider Ajinas sends an update from his father from Iraq:

I just spoke to my father in Nejaf. He is getting ready to go out and vote in an hour. He said it is very calm outside and the atmosphere is filled with anticipation hope and celebration. Iraqi TV is following the elections minute by minute. He was specially optimistic about all the rebuilding which is going on and all the new projects soon to come.

The future of Iraq is bright and glorious filled with challenges and rewards. Iraqis are taking ownership of their country (Arab Sunnis included). The relative calm even in the hot areas is strong evidence of this. Now the enemy is mostly Alqaida in Iraq. This enemy will quickly find Iraq a very inhospitable and harsh place to do business.

Here again to all the men and women who have served and serving in Iraq, to all the families of those who have paid the ultimate price to all those who have suffered during their service in Iraq, my family's and my deepest thanks, gratitude and pride both from the U.S. and Iraq for all the sacrifices, endurance and service for our great country and Iraq and the Iraqis. God bless all of you and keep you safe.

God bless this great country of ours, and God bless our leadership who have the courage and vision to free oppressed people in our times.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

Another heroic Iraqi.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

What a day.

Quote:
U.S. troops describe the atmosphere in the country as festive:

"As we prepared to visit the Iraqi units and polling sites in Mosul, I noticed the ink stained fingers of all the soldiers who voted early," Hanna tells NRO. "I turned and looked over to the division sergeant major in the vehicle next to me and he was grinning from ear to ear. I held up my finger to see his, and he showed me his ink-stained finger and then a quick thumbs up. I'd never seen him so happy. Genuinely excited. He felt safe enough to go shopping last week, and now to vote on top of that? The optimism among the Iraqi soldiers and the Iraqis as we drove around Mosul is contagious."

Sergeant First Class Larry Bull, also with 5th Brigade, agrees.

"I've seen more smiles than anytime ever before," Bull says. "There seems to be an uplift of the spirits of all the individuals we pass from most everyone and all ages. I believe that the Iraqi people are seeing that the impossible might become the possible after the election. The vast majority of the populace seems to appreciate, not only the Iraqi soldiers, but us."

Sergeant Major James Keesee describes the atmosphere in Mosul as that of a "large playground."

Parents and their children are "walking the streets waving at the Americans and Iraqi-army patrols as they pass by," he says.

Lieutenant Colonel Kevin Cooney says, "the streets are filled with children playing soccer," and a general "euphoria" has apparently washed away any real concern of hostilities.

Officers like Major Rob Dixon says the Iraqis are clapping their hands in praise and gratitude as the U.S. Army vehicle patrols pass by.

What a great day for freedom and democracy! The biggest losers from today's vote are the foreign terrorists, Baathist holdouts, and the Democrat Party.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:52 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

And good for you too Joe.