Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2001, 06:10 PM   #1
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Coming to America

Zhizhi displays the jersey he will wear for the Mavericks.
Wang Zhizhi, an officer in the Chinese military and the first Asian to join the NBA, accepted his jersey Thursday from his new team, the Mavericks. He said he hoped to make China less of a mystery for Americans. "In America, many people don't understand China. All they know about China is the Great Wall and the giant panda," the 7-foot-1 center said at a news conference. "The rest they know nothing about. I can be an emissary to tell them that China has great people, a good environment and many young people working for a good future." The 23-year-old planned to leave later Thursday for Dallas. Wang's first game could be against the Hawks on April 5.

Got this off of espn.com
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2001, 06:51 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice... It's good to see the younger Nelson was effective negotiating with his friends in Red China...
Old 03-30-2001, 07:22 AM   #3
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Hmmm good news for the Mavs, but doesn't it sound like Yao Ming is trying to recruit Americans to communism??
Old 03-30-2001, 07:22 AM   #4
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

This is an edited-double post brought to you by me. Remember to cheer for Ming but don't listen to the propaganda that he will be stuffing down your throats!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2001, 08:55 AM   #5
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

watch out for his interpreters propaganda....wang doesn't speak much english (does he?)
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote