Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Am I absolutely thrilled with the trade, and the direction the team is headed in? Hell yes.
this is still a change of initial tone...so I am happy you're seeing the light.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Depends on what you mean. Do I think the Mavs are gonna win the championship? No. Am I absolutely thrilled with the trade, and the direction the team is headed in? Hell yes.
That's a very fair answer.

I don't need to be sold on the fact that they are gonna win the championship right now though. I'm not expecting to see them really hit their stride until the 2nd/3rd week of March when the schedule gets really favorable and they're more in the groove working together. The scary thing is, if we're playing the way we are NOW and we are just starting to work on getting in gear...you'll have to buy that potential hype.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
That's a very fair answer.

I don't need to be sold on the fact that they are gonna win the championship right now though. I'm not expecting to see them really hit their stride until the 2nd/3rd week of March when the schedule gets really favorable and they're more in the groove working together. The scary thing is, if we're playing the way we are NOW and we are just starting to work on getting in gear...you'll have to buy that potential hype.
My only fear is that they get too hot early with all this excitement and then they can't keep it up for the playoffs.

It's like a computer. It's always fast and smooth right when you get it (or when you install some new hardware) but then over time it tends to slow down and lose some of its luster.

I'm not saying this will happen, but you never know.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
My only fear is that they get too hot early with all this excitement and then they can't keep it up for the playoffs.

It's like a computer. It's always fast and smooth right when you get it (or when you install some new hardware) but then over time it tends to slow down and lose some of its luster.

I'm not saying this will happen, but you never know.
The fact that it's all still going to be relatively new for at least a week or two (still waiting to get Damp in the fold), that'll keep "the spark" alive. I really don't think that's going to be an issue. You've got guys who got a new lease on NBA life, and guys who are starving for a ring. I feel really good about their chances.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Depends on what you mean. Do I think the Mavs are gonna win the championship? No. Am I absolutely thrilled with the trade, and the direction the team is headed in? Hell yes.
Your a Straight Bandwagoner Man. 1st you said we cant compete with the lakers or the best in the league. we beat the magic at home and the lakers!! And you still dont wanna give them credit or a chance to go all the way?
your pathetic man seriously. u should jus delete your account and join another site!!
True Mavs fans Only!!!
stevenson was huge
Jet Was on Fire
Amazing win without 2 starters and im saying that bc damp started the only game with haywood as backup. even though i think itll change!!
i guess roddyb only played bc it was his birthday!!
To all my True Mavs Fans Here Good Win Tonight!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
Your a Straight Bandwagoner Man. 1st you said we cant compete with the lakers or the best in the league. we beat the magic at home and the lakers!! And you still dont wanna give them credit or a chance to go all the way?
your pathetic man seriously. u should jus delete your account and join another site!!
True Mavs fans Only!!!
stevenson was huge
I'm a "straight bandwagoner?" Excuse me, little man, I've been rooting for the Mavs since the days when 20 wins was considered a good season. You think I'm wrong about the Mavs chances, fine. Good for you. But you come in here with all of 77 posts and tell me to delete my account and join another site? Go f*ck yourself.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #7
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm a "straight bandwagoner?" Excuse me, little man, I've been rooting for the Mavs since the days when 20 wins was considered a good season. You think I'm wrong about the Mavs chances, fine. Good for you. But you come in here with all of 77 posts and tell me to delete my account and join another site? Go f*ck yourself.
!

Last edited by sike; 02-25-2010 at 12:50 AM. Reason: watch it dude or your gone
Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #8
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
and now your trying to say youve been a mavs fan for 20 years or so and this is possibly the BEST mavs team in history and you still doubt them!? what a true fan you are!!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 AM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

It's obvious what the difference is with Stevenson vs the Ross', Jones', Wrights', Christie's of the world we've had try to fill the roll: He's tough and you might worry that he's a little off-center.

Just get in game shape and you'll be a part of the rotation.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Artest is just a shadow of his former self...averaging less than 12 ppg??? wow.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Even more perplexing is just how much his defense has fallen off. A few years ago he was bar none the best perimeter defender in the league. These days he's not good enough to make the all-defensive 3rd team, if there was such a thing.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Even more perplexing is just how much his defense has fallen off. A few years ago he was bar none the best perimeter defender in the league. These days he's not good enough to make the all-defensive 3rd team, if there was such a thing.
its very strange. he is really taking one for the team.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
its very strange. he is really taking one for the team.
I'm actually surprised that they didn't try to stick him on Dirk for a bit. It didn't really seem like Dirk had to break out of his comfort zone to get his tonight.

Oh, by the way...
31 points on 19 shots, heck even 30 with 20 shots: Dirk and Jet were efficient as hell tonight.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
31 points on 19 shots, heck even 30 with 20 shots: Dirk and Jet were efficient as hell tonight.
when Hot, both of those guys can get hotter than all but a handful of guys in the NBA.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
when Hot, both of those guys can get hotter than all but a handful of guys in the NBA.
Wish I could remember the entire list but Bill Simmons was on The Herd this morning and was asked to list the top 5 shooters he would want to hit a game-winner: Dirk was on the list.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Eh...I wouldn't base it on PPG, they're not asking him to be a scorer. He's gotta be, at best, the 3rd or 4th scoring option on that team.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #17
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else relieved that Crazy Pills and Abe Lincoln didn't go berserk on each other?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #18
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Anyone else relieved that Crazy Pills and Abe Lincoln didn't go berserk on each other?
It was amusing to see such effort expended on defense between two players who can't score.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #19
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post

Nope. I was actually rooting for it
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Haywood with only 3 fouls. How crazy is that? And against the Lakers no less.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #21
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If someone had told me Haywood would have only 3 fouls before this game I would have called them crazy.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 AM   #22
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thats the thing. There is no way Damp would have played this thing as smart as Haywood did. Remember Bynum started like 4 for 4 early? Damp would have picked up 2 quick fouls to get out of there. Haywood didn't go all out in the first quarter because it was more important for the team to have him on the floor at all.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #23
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
Thats the thing. There is no way Damp would have played this thing as smart as Haywood did. Remember Bynum started like 4 for 4 early? Damp would have picked up 2 quick fouls to get out of there. Haywood didn't go all out in the first quarter because it was more important for the team to have him on the floor at all.
Damp is going to be the best back up Center in the league...

but freakin Haywood is what this team needs! And HAS needed for a LONG time.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #24
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
Mavs lose.

Just kidding. Mavs win!
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showpo...3&postcount=25

Success!

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #25
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I would like to point out that we have a very favorable next ten games, I want to see us make a push and win at least 8 of these

@ ATL
VS NO
@ CHA
VS MIN
VS Kings
@ CHI
@ MIN
VS NJ
VS NY
VS CHI
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 AM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I would like to point out that we have a very favorable next ten games, I want to see us make a push and win at least 8 of these

@ ATL
VS NO
@ CHA
VS MIN
VS Kings
@ CHI
@ MIN
VS NJ
VS NY
VS CHI
Enter: BOOK IT
Old 02-25-2010, 12:45 AM   #27
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

@ ATL
VS NO
@ CHA
VS MIN
VS Kings
@ CHI
@ MIN
VS NJ
VS NY
VS CHI
I think of all these ATL is the one I think will be toughest.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #28
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
I think of all these ATL is the one I think will be toughest.
ya think?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:47 AM   #29
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

@ ATL
VS NO
@ CHA
VS MIN
VS Kings
@ CHI
@ MIN
VS NJ
VS NY
VS CHI
so it looks like right now we're 5 games into our 15 game win streak!
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #30
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

damn i'd love to be at the aac and ask those all those laker fans how my ass tastes.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #31
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
damn i'd love to be at the aac and ask those all those laker fans how my ass tastes.
i was sitting in lower level tonight with a good 50-60% of the fans around me laker fans. to tell you how stupid these idiot fans were, score is 99-93, kobe at the line, lakers down 6.

they all start chanting MVP, MVP. i start yelling scoreboard and they immediately shut up. if i ever needed to know that most of these laker fans were complete and utter morons, that was my shining moment of clarity.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #32
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
they all start chanting MVP, MVP. i start yelling scoreboard and they immediately shut up. if i ever needed to know that most of these laker fans were complete and utter morons, that was my shining moment of clarity.
#7 greatest moment of aex's life.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #33
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Quote:
Hahahahaha lol! +rep

Last edited by NoTnERb; 02-25-2010 at 01:06 AM.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #34
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

After tonight's showing the sky is the limit for this team barring injury, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 AM   #35
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i was sitting in lower level tonight with a good 50-60% of the fans around me laker fans. to tell you how stupid these idiot fans were, score is 99-93, kobe at the line, lakers down 6.

Laker fans are filthy scum and carry all sorts of mysterious, unidentified diseases.

I hope you took a shower immediately when you got home.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #36
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Playing the lakers is the most frustrating night at the AAC. It seems all of the mavs fans sell their tickets to the newly minted lakers fans. Disgusting how many are there. It is always nice to shut 'em up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #37
sike
The Preacha

Chuck Cooperstein says this is quickly becoming the best trade in Mavs history...

Old 02-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #38
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chuck Cooperstein says this is quickly becoming the best trade in Mavs history...
Gasol type even?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #39
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Gasol type even?
For this year you got Butler, Haywood, and Stevenson for...

Ross and Singleton, a guy who is done for the year and a guy who isn't even on the team anymore.

yeah, it's looking rather tasty
Old 02-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #40
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Gasol type even?

Talent wise and impact wise it could feasibly turn out to be on par wit it...

Tags
dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!