Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-02-2003, 01:32 AM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Official Kobe to Dallas Watch

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
the mavs section has officially hit an all time low

So true. I expect this during the offseaosn but no reason in the regular season for nonsense like this.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:55 AM   #2
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

I'll accept your criticism... and I'll even admit that -- given history & normal circumstances -- it's unlikely... but I want to go on record that this trade is going to happen...

Kobe is going to opt out... and the Mavs have more to give than anyone... plus Cuban is a maniac... so Bryant will be a Mav.

If I never contrinute anything to this board -- based on your reaction so far -- I epect full credit for calling this trade.

BTW - Give me a basketball reason why this won't happen... not some emotional "won't happen bs"

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:58 AM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Old 11-02-2003, 02:00 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
I'll accept your criticism... and I'll even admit that -- given history & normal circumstances -- it's unlikely... but I want to go on record that this trade is going to happen...

Kobe is going to opt out... and the Mavs have more to give than anyone... plus Cuban is a maniac... so Bryant will be a Mav.

If I never contrinute anything to this board -- based on your reaction so far -- I epect full credit for calling this trade.

BTW - Give me a basketball reason why this won't happen... not some emotional "won't happen bs"
For one, if he opts out of his contract it would take a sign and trade..... unless you really think Kobe will take the MLE..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 02:07 AM   #5
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:

For one, if he opts out of his contract it would take a sign and trade..... unless you really think Kobe will take the MLE..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Nice try but Bryant is on record that he will opt out... so rather than loose him for nothing the Lakers will ship him to Dallas by February.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:12 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice try but Bryant is on record that he will opt out... so rather than loose him for nothing the Lakers will ship him to Dallas by February.
Why would they? You can't be serious.... Dallas is an elite team, why would LA want to improve our team?

And I would not want Cuban to do this without a sign/trade. Lose Jamison to rent Kobe out for a couple of months?

No thanks.