Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future
Default Anyone heard from Doc today?

I know those storms down in Waco were pretty fierce last night. Anyone hear from Doc today? Just hoping he's safe and sound.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

He's probably without power. I heard that 20,000 people in Waco had their power down.

I also heard that everyone in the city was safe.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
He's probably without power. I heard that 20,000 people in Waco had their power down.

I also heard that everyone in the city was safe.
I heard that many were without power as well. I didn't hear that everyone was safe. That's reassuring!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone. Power is on and off all day. Three separate funnel clouds went DIRECTLY...and I do mean DIRECTLY over our house last night. The noise was unbelievable. We were VERY lucky and had no damage. Only power loss. I spent the better part of today cutting a tree out of a staff member of mines house and patching his roof. Of course, it rained on us. And rained some more. I have a spare mother-in-law house that is now occupied by two families who are friends. Our power has been on for a while now and I expect that we are safe. I got to buy dinner for 18 tonight.

Horrific storms. At least one torndao actually touched down in Waco just a couple of miles past our house. Again, we were very fortunate. Thanks for all the pm's. I will answer them tomorrow probably or later if I can get back online.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I appreciate the prayers. They worked.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #5
raefformvp
Golden Member

Glad you are okay! Hope your power is on for good now so that you don't miss the Mavs tomorrow. Continued prayers for all those affected. Must have been a pretty scary experience!

Old 05-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that incident around Christmastime, I don't think that tornado had the balls to touch down anywhere NEAR your house.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that you are OK.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:18 AM   #8
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Yup, glad to hear you're OK, man..
Old 05-07-2006, 01:34 AM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Glad to hear you're ok Doc, looking forward to seeing you posting in the GDT tomorrow

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:47 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

First....thanks to everyone. I appreciate it a lot.

Anyone know if kg_vet posted today? He lives in the Hewitt area I think and it got hit by some pretty impressive winds. All of the news stations are reporting no injuries. I drove around town a bit today and there are trees down all over and several buildings were completely demolished. If you consider that the tornado was classified as an F-1 or F-2, it makes you realize how lucky we were. The Jarrell tornado a few years back was an F-5+ and it literally wiped that town off the map.

I still can't get over that noise.....the funnel clouds that went right over our house made an almost unexplainable noise. I've heard tornados before, but it wasn't like that. It was almost calming but scared the crap out of you at the same time. That noise is stuck in my head.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-07-2006 at 01:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:43 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

KG sent me a message Saturday afternoon. He's okay, I'm sure.

Doc, where were you when all of this was going down?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:35 AM   #12
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

hey Doc, you see the Coke plant. terrible.
But I'm glad that not many Mom & Pops got hit. I think only Padgitts
Old 05-07-2006, 08:53 AM   #13
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

prayers go out to everyone impacted. doc, im glad you are safe.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

chum - I was at home. It blew in about 1am.

Just211- the coke plant is a 1 million dollar plus loss. There are still bottles on the roadside. Furniture Row got hit, Padgitts too. There was a wharehouse behind the coke plant area that was levelled too. The inustrial area lost several buildings back towards Hewitt. Woodway lost a million trees. They are everywhere. Most of the smaller shops were spared.

Thanks AEx..
Old 05-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a crazy weekend here. The tornado sirens went off where we are, but we didn't sustain any real damage. We did lose power until Saturday afternoon, though, and have several friends who are still without power. The path of the tornado along Franklin Drive (particularly the Coca-Cola plant and the furniture stores) and through Woodway was pretty devastating. The tornado passed about a block from my office but didn't hit it. Several friends lost trees and/or had their houses damaged by the storm.

That's two tornadoes in roughly one week's time. Thankfully, I'm not aware of anyone being hurt or killed, and the property damage isn't nearly as bad as it could have been.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

The first tornado took out a good friend of mine's house. Their daughter was in the house on the second floor. It was the only part of the house that survived....if you call it being dropped to the ground as surviving. They lsot a barn and two of the universitys horses, but they are safe. That is all that matters to me.