Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #441
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #442
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't made it out to be a big event on ESPN. I personally don't understand why he had to have "The Decision" on tv. I'm from Ohio and Ohioans LOVE their sports and I do mean LOVE. What he did to the city of Cleveland was a huge slap in the face. He could have quietly said, look, I think I have a better opportunity in Miami so I want to give that a shot. If he did that, people wouldn't be burning his jerseys and the owner of the Cavs wouldn't be having a serious melt down right now.
With that said, I'm really not sure how the egos of a Diva and a King will mesh together, that will be interesting.

Oh and Lebron is an idiot.

Last edited by AngieO41; 07-09-2010 at 12:46 PM.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #443
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Can't play offense without a point guard, can't play defense without a center...

If Shaq is your best STARTING option, then you're in trouble...
They can get away with not having a point guard given that they probably have the best playmaking shooting guard and best playmaking small forward. But they do need to find something serviceable at center. I can see that being their downfall if they have to force Chris Bosh into major minutes at the 5.

Honestly, I think they would be thrilled with Shaq. The problem is that I can't really see him going there. Like I said earlier, I think Shaq is playing for the money this year so I don't see him settling for the peanuts that the Heat can afford to pay out.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #444
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
They can get away with not having a point guard given that they probably have the best playmaking shooting guard and best playmaking small forward. But they do need to find something serviceable at center. I can see that being their downfall if they have to force Chris Bosh into major minutes at the 5.

Honestly, I think they would be thrilled with Shaq. The problem is that I can't really see him going there. Like I said earlier, I think Shaq is playing for the money this year so I don't see him settling for the peanuts that the Heat can afford to pay out.
That really leaves Miami in the lurch for a big man then...

How many serviceable free agent centers are available?

Old 07-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #445
Underdog

wrong thread

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #446
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That really leaves Miami in the lurch for a big man then...

How many serviceable free agent centers are available?
I think they are going to try to resign Joel Anthony (who is a spare). The two names I came across last night were Big Z and Brendan Haywood's best friend, Etan Thomas.

In other words, pickings are slim.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #447
Underdog

Quote:
"Unless they got three balls, you still guard them the same. They'll figure it out I'm sure. Somebody's going to end up with seven shots. Are they going to be OK with that? Somebody's got to be Robin. Are they OK with that? Those are the things they have to work out. I was surprised that he went to Miami. I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor." - Otis Smith
I don't think this is the bandwagon that LeBron had anticipated...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #448
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think this is the bandwagon that LeBron had anticipated...
that could easily be sour grapes...but I still love it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #449
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
that could easily be sour grapes...but I still love it.
It's easy to have sour grapes when you see others around the league cheating...

Everybody seems to be forgetting that this was all technically collusion - that's why nobody's heard a peep from David Stern after the most monumental signing in his tenure as league president...

Old 07-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #450
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Is Miller official to Miami?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #451
Underdog

Quote:
They can get away with not having a point guard given that they probably have the best playmaking shooting guard and best playmaking small forward. But they do need to find something serviceable at center. I can see that.

Derek Fisher, Riley to meet in Miami

Old 07-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #452
Underdog

Bulls, Korver reach deal

Old 07-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #453
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Nevermind I'm an idiot.

Carry on.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-09-2010 at 11:05 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #454
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Bulls also trying to get Redick. Link on realgm that they've extended him an offer sheet that's worth 19 million over three years (no indication that Redick has signed it).
Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #455
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Bulls also trying to get Redick. Link on realgm that they've extended him an offer sheet that's worth 19 million over three years (no indication that Redick has signed it).
Redick and Korver? Maybe Deng is available, prior to what I thought.

Quote:
I think they are going to try to resign Joel Anthony (who is a spare). The two names I came across last night were Big Z and Brendan Haywood's best friend, Etan Thomas.

In other words, pickings are slim.
I could see Big Z going to Miami since LeBron went. Heck, he might even sign for the minimum if he really just wanted to win. I don't know what he's like, but he seems like he might be that type of guy.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #456
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #457
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

DLord crunched the numbers and says the Heat have enough cap room to sign Miller AND Haslem.

I'm now slightly less confident on my "not competing this season" prediction.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #458
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Man it's pretty insane that the Heat can sign those 3 guys and still have room to sign Miller and Haslem. Sheesh.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #459
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everybody seems to be forgetting that this was all technically collusion - that's why nobody's heard a peep from David Stern after the most monumental signing in his tenure as league president...
Amen! How is this NOT collusion? Wade was playing GM the whole time... I guess cause he's not in the front office. HUGE loophole.

I have always at least kind of liked LeBron. But now, it's definitely moved to dislike. This show (even with what it did in the name of charity) was ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as Dan Gilbert's letter, but ridiculous.

Lebron seriously misjudged the reaction - i'm not so sure he has good people advising him.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #460
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
DLord crunched the numbers and says the Heat have enough cap room to sign Miller AND Haslem.

I'm now slightly less confident on my "not competing this season" prediction.
http://nbaprimetime.com/lebron-wade-...ami-heat/2636/

They took roughly 15 million less each. The first year salaries are $14.5 for Bosh and James and $14.2 for Wade.

That's $43 Million for all three this year leaving $15 million for spares.

Last edited by aquaadverse; 07-10-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #461
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse View Post
http://nbaprimetime.com/lebron-wade-...ami-heat/2636/

They took roughly 15 million less each. The first year salaries are $14.5 for Bosh and James and $14.2 for Wade.

That's $43 Million for all three this year leaving $15 million for spares.
Nah they don't have that much to spend. They have Chalmers, they owe James Jones some cash, they have a couple other contracts/salary holds I think.

DLord says they have a little over 8 mil to spend this year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-10-2010, 02:05 AM   #462
aquaadverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Nah they don't have that much to spend. They have Chalmers, they owe James Jones some cash, they have a couple other contracts/salary holds I think.

DLord says they have a little over 8 mil to spend this year.
I'm not a cap expert by any means, so that's probably more accurate. The Jones buyout is counting $1.5 against the cap this year and Chalmers is $854,000.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #463
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Wade-James-Bosh-Haslem-Miller-Chalmers is a good enough top 6 to win a title, regardless of the rest of the roster. And they might get Fisher anyway.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-10-2010 at 12:48 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #464
Underdog

Has this been posted?

Quote:
Inside Mavs' pitch to LeBron

link

In a blog post Thursday, Mark Cuban closed a lengthy screed urging LeBron James to re-sign with Cleveland by describing the stay-at-home option as the only sensible option “when you make the mistake of not coming to the Mavericks.”

In the wake of LeBron’s “mistake,” ESPNDallas.com has learned some of the nuances of the Mavericks' stealth approach to recruiting James.

Sources close to the situation say that the Mavs did maintain contact with members of LeBron’s inner circle – and occasionally with LeBron himself – during the recruiting process.

Team USA alumnus Jason Kidd obviously has a longstanding relationship with LeBron and business manager Maverick Carter, Cuban has a good relationship with both … and I’m told Dirk Nowitzki and LeBron had an e-mail dialogue about the possibility of James coming to Dallas.

The Mavericks, according to sources, at one point believed that they would be the seventh team to be granted a face-to-face meeting with James, after his two-a-day sitdowns with the Nets, Knicks, Heat, Clippers, Cavs and Bulls.

But they quickly concluded – with LeBron telling all teams that he only wanted to meet with owners, executives and coaches as opposed to players – that the hoopla attached to Cuban, president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson and coach Rick Carlisle flying in to Cleveland carried minimal benefit since it might have aggravated the Cavs.

As we heard Friday afternoon from Cavs general manager Chris Grant during a press conference shown on ESPNews, Cleveland suddenly won’t rule out a sign-and-trade now that it knows LeBron is gone … after all those vows that it would never consider such a thing.

Dallas, however, didn't have the salary-cap space to sign James outright like Miami did. The Mavericks would need more cooperation from Cleveland than the Heat, so Mavs officials were convinced that a highly publicized meeting could only hurt their sign-and-trade chances in a pursuit that they acknowledged from the start was a long shot.

Nothing has changed since November, when we first suggested ( that Dallas – with the presence of Nowitzki, Kidd, Cuban, LeBron’s beloved Cowboys and the tantalizing prospect of maybe even moving some regular-season games at Cowboys Stadium if James were to come to Big D – was a outsider worth keeping track of in the LeBron Sweepstakes.

One source close to the situation told ESPNDallas.com that the Mavericks’ pitch to LeBron was a forceful reminder that teams – especially in recent history – have required a “tipping-point transaction” to win a championship as opposed to stripping a roster bare and building a team through “pure free agency.” The Mavs urged LeBron to equate joining Nowitzki and an established roster in a sign-and-trade with the impact Pau Gasol’s arrival had on the Los Angeles Lakers or Boston’s trades that landed Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen alongside Paul Pierce.

The Mavericks, though, knew deep down that they wouldn’t be able to compete with the arrangement lined up by Miami, where the Heat could flank James with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

It’s clear that the concept of hooking up in Miami with Wade and Bosh is something James has been thinking about for some time. Factor in James’ apparent pessimism about the Cavaliers co-operating on a sign-and-trade and it’s no mystery why the lobbying didn’t get the Mavs very far.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #465
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

It's very good Lebron D-Wade and Bosh goes to MAIAMI.We hate Heat.In 2010-2011 seson Dallas come to Nba finals with Maiami.This will be revenge for 2006 final.Dallas beat Maiami and all will be well!!
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #466
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Fisher-Wade-LeBron-Bosh-Shaq with Miller and Haslem coming off the bench? Easily the best team in the East.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #467
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

you are wrong
Old 07-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #468
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Old 07-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #469
fluid.forty.one

anyhoo...

"In addition, Fathead.com, an online retailer owned by Cavs owner Dan Gilbert dropped the price of its LeBron Fathead wall decals from $99.99 to $17.41, which happens to be the same year Revolutionary War traitor Benedict Arnold was born."

hahaha
Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #470
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Fisher-Wade-LeBron-Bosh-Shaq with Miller and Haslem coming off the bench? Easily the best team in the East.
Have they actually signed anyone other than Miller?

Plus, Kobe's saying the Lakers will do whatever it takes to retain Fisher...

Old 07-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #471
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Have they actually signed anyone other than Miller?

Plus, Kobe's saying the Lakers will do whatever it takes to retain Fisher...
I don't think they have... the post was more of a hypothetical. I guess what is scary is that they DO have options.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #472
41mvp
Golden Member

In the east are Orlando Boston and MILWAUKEE BUCKS-is the young team you think that Lebron is the best and over.Take it easy man they must play.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #473
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
In the east are Orlando Boston and MILWAUKEE BUCKS-is the young team you think that Lebron is the best and over.Take it easy man they must play.
Yeah, I'm sure LeBron, Wade and Bosh are absolutely shaking in their boots at the thought of Milwaukee...

Old 07-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #474
fluid.forty.one

I'm fairly certain that Heat are going to be better than the Bucks.

The Cavs were the #1 seed last year with LeBron on a really crappy team. If they fill it in with the caliber of players like I mentioned, this team is 2-3 times as good as what he was on last year.

I don't see how someone could argue that LeBron could go from what he had, to what he has now and win less (you're suggesting the 4th seed or lower compared to his 1st seed last year).

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 07-10-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #475
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I think Fisher would mind playing for Miami, but I suspect that he (and his agent) are mainly just trying to get a better offer from LA than what they were originally presented with.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #476
41mvp
Golden Member

you see how Maiami play???
Old 07-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #477
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
you see how Maiami play???
It's Miami, not Maiami.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #478
Underdog

Quote:
I don't think they have... the post was more of a hypothetical. I guess what is scary is that they DO have options.
DO they have options?

What happens if Fisher re-signs with the Lakers? How much of a drop-off is it between him and the next available FA PG?

What if Shaq makes a cash grab elsewhere? He isn't even a starter at this point in his career and he's BY FAR the best center available... Who do they settle for if they can't get him?

Their options are extremely limited if they're gunning for a ring...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #479
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
It's Miami, not Maiami.
Sorry boss
Old 07-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #480
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
DO they have options?

What happens if Fisher re-signs with the Lakers? How much of a drop-off is it between him and the next available FA PG?

What if Shaq makes a cash grab elsewhere? He isn't even a starter at this point in his career and he's BY FAR the best center available... Who do they settle for if they can't get him?

Their options are extremely limited if they're gunning for a ring...
There's a difference between options and lots of options. It sounds like they are going to get Miller and Haslem which is a big start. That leaves the PG and C positions. My point was that they could hypothetically get Fisher and Shaq. That doesn't mean they have lots of options after that, but it's scary that they could put a real team together this year if all the chips fall into place. I didn't think it was even possible.

Tags
kingqueef's presents, yawn