Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Co-sign Fin's post.

Silk, you said you wanted Romo to hand the ball to Choice so he could win the game just like Stewart did for Delhomme and the Panthers. I pointed out that Choice was getting nowhere fast on any of his Q4/"Crunch Time" runs. We were up 13-3 to start the 4th and needed a prolonged possession to kill the clock, but we were getting 2 yards at best on Choice's runs. Where do we go if the run game is stalled? Doesn't get more "real" than that.
Have you ever played a sport? I am just wondering because I guess you dont understand games from a player or coach standpoint. COWBOYS were WINNING the GAME....Cant you understand that? Force Pitt to score on out defense that was doing a great job...We were WINNING...The pressure is on the Steelers...I am done on this, because you just want to make excuses for Romo. Not once do you even mention for Romo to just hit the open WR for short passes w/o INT...Common logic type stuff. All you want to worry about is Choice. How about Romo? Basically what you are saying is that all Romo could do being up 13-3 at the end of the game is throw INT for TD, because Choice was not getting large chunks of yards...

Here is Romo Here on this:

“I always felt like the quarterback’s job is to win games,” Favre said. “You can win games, you can lose games based on the way you play or your decisions. I’ve had my share of both; I’m going to go down swinging.”
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Have you ever played a sport? I am just wondering because I guess you dont understand games from a player or coach standpoint. COWBOYS were WINNING the GAME....Cant you understand that? Force Pitt to score on out defense that was doing a great job...We were WINNING...The pressure is on the Steelers...I am done on this, because you just want to make excuses for Romo. Not once do you even mention for Romo to just hit the open WR for short passes w/o INT...Common logic type stuff. All you want to worry about is Choice. How about Romo? Basically what you are saying is that all Romo could do being up 13-3 at the end of the game is throw INT for TD, because Choice was not getting large chunks of yards...
Hello?? I pointed out that we were winning 13-3. Twice. You seem to believe that Romo threw 17 points worth of interceptions-returned-for-touchdowns. And you missed my rebuttal point completely, which is that Romo did not have the luxury of handing the ball off to Choice. Are you even trying to argue coherently? I know you're used to getting ganged up on, but step 1 to dealing with that is NOT lumping everyone's arguments together. You might find that we agree on some stuff (ie, Romo was throwing like crap the whole game). There are complexities here which reject a black-and-white view of the argument. You called for running the ball FTW ala Delhomme, I called you on it with stats... You lost.

Oh, and leave your personal issues of rejection aside, overcompetitive flag football player guy. I have played sports, as if that had any bearing whatsoever on this discussion. I may not be 501 on sports, but this is 101 we're talking about here.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 AM   #3
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hello?? I pointed out that we were winning 13-3. Twice. You seem to believe that Romo threw 17 points worth of interceptions-returned-for-touchdowns. And you missed my rebuttal point completely, which is that Romo did not have the luxury of handing the ball off to Choice. Are you even trying to argue coherently? I know you're used to getting ganged up on, but step 1 to dealing with that is NOT lumping everyone's arguments together. You might find that we agree on some stuff (ie, Romo was throwing like crap the whole game). There are complexities here which reject a black-and-white view of the argument. You called for running the ball FTW ala Delhomme, I called you on it with stats... You lost.

Oh, and leave your personal issues of rejection aside, overcompetitive flag football player guy. I have played sports, as if that had any bearing whatsoever on this discussion. I may not be 501 on sports, but this is 101 we're talking about here.
What stats did you show that proved your point? If you could have shown me that we were losing and we were getting nowhere on the ground and had to put it in the air, I could understand..

We dont agree and that is the problem. If you did indeed agree that Romo was throwing like crap all night long, then you could clearly see we were winning because of Choice and the defense......The reason the score was as close was because of crappy throwing Romo, and the clincher was the INT for a TD...Plain and simple. Anything else is just hear say...

Our defense played tough all night long. I was so proud of our defense. I was very much concerned that the lack of running game was going to force Romo into throwing every down, and that would lead to many problems because of 3 and out, and Romo INT.

As the game played out, our defense played great, with one mental lapse and Choice did a great job of running the ball. So, that leaves only one thing left? Romo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crappy throwing Romo throwing bad all day long, and topped it off with the INT for a TD. Which was the ball game..

Right after that, this is what we got:

Dallas Cowboys at 1:40, (1st play from scrimmage 1:35) DAL PIT
1st and 10 at DAL 18 (1:35) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short right to Roy E.Williams to DAL 28 for 10 yards (W.Gay, L.Timmons).
1st and 10 at DAL 28 (1:10) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to T.Choice. Coverage by #94 Timmons, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
2nd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:07) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short middle to T.Choice. Coverage by #51 Farrior, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
3rd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:00) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep left to T.Owens. Coverage by #24 Taylor and #25 Clark.
Timeout #1 by DAL at 00:55.
4th and 10 at DAL 28 (:55) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to J.Witten. Pressure by #92 Harrison.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-10-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #4
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
COWBOYS were WINNING the GAME....Cant you understand that? Force Pitt to score on out defense that was doing a great job...We were WINNING...The pressure is on the Steelers...
Your laziness in checking the facts before talking out your a$$ has -TWICE- forced me to look at the play-by-play of this painful game. I hate you for that.

Fourth Quarter
Pittsburgh Steelers possession stopped on 4th and Goal. 13-3 Dallas
4-1-DAL1 (12:26) G.Russell left guard to DAL 3 for -2 yards (B.James; K.Davis).
Dallas Cowboys at 12:20

Cowboys possession punt. 13-3 Dallas
1-10-DAL3 (12:20) T.Choice right guard to DAL 5 for 2 yards (Aa.Smith, R.Clark).
2-8-DAL5 (11:41) T.Romo pass short left to T.Owens to DAL 14 for 9 yards (J.Harrison; T.Polamalu).
1-10-DAL14 (10:58) T.Choice up the middle to DAL 14 for no gain (T.Polamalu, J.Farrior).
2-10-DAL14 (10:16) T.Romo pass short right to T.Choice to DAL 19 for 5 yards (B.McFadden, J.Farrior).
3-5-DAL19 (9:28) (Shotgun) T.Choice right guard to DAL 18 for -1 yards (T.Polamalu).
4-6-DAL18 (8:57) (Punt formation) S.Paulescu punts 42 yards to PIT 40, Center-L.Ladouceur. S.Holmes to DAL 25 for 35 yards (K.Burnett, K.Davis).
Pittsburgh Steelers at 08:42

That's 3 runs and 2 completed short passes out of 5 total plays, a combo you said you wanted- ala Delhomme. 4-5 plays were to Choice, like you wanted.

Pittsburgh Steelers possession leads to FG. 13-6 Dallas
4-8-DAL23 (7:20) (Field Goal formation) Je.Reed 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Retkofsky, Holder-M.Berger.
Je.Reed kicks 65 yards from PIT 30 to DAL 5, out of bounds.
Dallas Cowboys at 07:15

Dallas Cowboys possession punt. 13-6 Dallas
1-10-DAL40 (7:15) T.Choice right tackle to DAL 41 for 1 yard (L.Woodley).
2-9-DAL41 (6:35) T.Romo sacked at DAL 35 for -6 yards (T.Kirschke).
3-15-DAL35 (6:01) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to J.Witten to DAL 44 for 9 yards (D.Townsend, I.Taylor).
4-6-DAL44 (5:17) (Punt formation) S.Paulescu punts 23 yards to PIT 33, Center-L.Ladouceur, out of bounds.
Pittsburgh Steelers at 05:10

That's 1 run and 1 completed short pass out of 3 total plays, a combo you said you wanted- ala Delhomme. Bad sack... I don't know whose fault that is

Pittsburgh Steelers possession leads to TD. 13-13 WELCOME TO IGGLES LAND
1-6-DAL6 (2:10) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass short left to H.Miller for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

------
So those two sequences ARE EXACTLY what Fin and I are trying to point out to you: we did what you called for and went from 10-point winners to Iggles-tied. No Romo-interceptions-returned-for-TDs. And yet, you expect that we would have won the game if we had only done that for one more possession!

Ball don't lie and it says "You lose."

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-09-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Your laziness in checking the facts before talking out your a$$ has -TWICE- forced me to look at the play-by-play of this painful game. I hate you for that.

Fourth Quarter
Pittsburgh Steelers possession stopped on 4th and Goal. 13-3 Dallas
4-1-DAL1 (12:26) G.Russell left guard to DAL 3 for -2 yards (B.James; K.Davis).
Dallas Cowboys at 12:20

Cowboys possession punt. 13-3 Dallas
1-10-DAL3 (12:20) T.Choice right guard to DAL 5 for 2 yards (Aa.Smith, R.Clark).
2-8-DAL5 (11:41) T.Romo pass short left to T.Owens to DAL 14 for 9 yards (J.Harrison; T.Polamalu).
1-10-DAL14 (10:58) T.Choice up the middle to DAL 14 for no gain (T.Polamalu, J.Farrior).
2-10-DAL14 (10:16) T.Romo pass short right to T.Choice to DAL 19 for 5 yards (B.McFadden, J.Farrior).
3-5-DAL19 (9:28) (Shotgun) T.Choice right guard to DAL 18 for -1 yards (T.Polamalu).
4-6-DAL18 (8:57) (Punt formation) S.Paulescu punts 42 yards to PIT 40, Center-L.Ladouceur. S.Holmes to DAL 25 for 35 yards (K.Burnett, K.Davis).
Pittsburgh Steelers at 08:42

That's 3 runs and 2 completed short passes out of 5 total plays, a combo you said you wanted- ala Delhomme. 4-5 plays were to Choice, like you wanted.

Pittsburgh Steelers possession leads to FG. 13-6 Dallas
4-8-DAL23 (7:20) (Field Goal formation) Je.Reed 41 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Retkofsky, Holder-M.Berger.
Je.Reed kicks 65 yards from PIT 30 to DAL 5, out of bounds.
Dallas Cowboys at 07:15

Dallas Cowboys possession punt. 13-6 Dallas
1-10-DAL40 (7:15) T.Choice right tackle to DAL 41 for 1 yard (L.Woodley).
2-9-DAL41 (6:35) T.Romo sacked at DAL 35 for -6 yards (T.Kirschke).
3-15-DAL35 (6:01) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to J.Witten to DAL 44 for 9 yards (D.Townsend, I.Taylor).
4-6-DAL44 (5:17) (Punt formation) S.Paulescu punts 23 yards to PIT 33, Center-L.Ladouceur, out of bounds.
Pittsburgh Steelers at 05:10

That's 1 run and 1 completed short pass out of 3 total plays, a combo you said you wanted- ala Delhomme. Bad sack... I don't know whose fault that is

Pittsburgh Steelers possession leads to TD. 13-13 WELCOME TO IGGLES LAND
1-6-DAL6 (2:10) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass short left to H.Miller for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

------
So those two sequences ARE EXACTLY what Fin and I are trying to point out to you: we did what you called for and went from 10-point winners to Iggles-tied. No Romo-interceptions-returned-for-TDs. And yet, you expect that we would have won the game if we had only done that for one more possession!

Ball don't lie and it says "You lose."
I am still waiting for you to continue on til the Romo INT for TD? Why is it that you dont want to put that series on here.

Dallas Cowboys at 2:04, (1st play from scrimmage 1:58) DAL PIT
1st and 10 at DAL 15 (1:58) (Shotgun) T.Choice up the middle to DAL 17 for 2 yards (J.Farrior, T.Kirschke).
Timeout #1 by PIT at 01:51.
2nd and 8 at DAL 17 (1:51) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short middle intended for J.Witten INTERCEPTED by D.Townsend at DAL 25. D.Townsend for 25 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 13 13

Lets start and end right there in the Bold above. On 2nd down this is what happened!!!!!!!

Now to top this all off, since you dont want to post this:

Dallas Cowboys at 1:40, (1st play from scrimmage 1:35) DAL PIT
1st and 10 at DAL 18 (1:35) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short right to Roy E.Williams to DAL 28 for 10 yards (W.Gay, L.Timmons).
1st and 10 at DAL 28 (1:10) (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to T.Choice. Coverage by #94 Timmons, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
2nd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:07) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short middle to T.Choice. Coverage by #51 Farrior, Pressure by #56 Woodley.
3rd and 10 at DAL 28 (1:00) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep left to T.Owens. Coverage by #24 Taylor and #25 Clark.
Timeout #1 by DAL at 00:55.
4th and 10 at DAL 28 (:55) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to J.Witten. Pressure by #92 Harrison.

One thing is for sure. You are right!!! Ball don't lie and it says "You lose."

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-10-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
What stats did you show that proved your point? If you could have shown me that we were losing and we were getting nowhere on the ground and had to put it in the air, I could understand..

We dont agree and that is the problem. If you did indeed agree that Romo was throwing like crap all night long, then you could clearly see we were winning because of Choice and the defense......The reason the score was as close was because of crappy throwing Romo, and the clincher was the INT for a TD...Plain and simple. Anything else is just hear say...
Silk, do you even know what we're talking about anymore? What was your point with posting the last two series of the game? Did you post it for the sake of posting? Please try explaining how those two series support your points.

As for this bewildering post, I first showed you the stat that EVERY Q4 run by Choice was 2 yards or less (not gonna net a first down). I then showed you the stat that while we lost the lead, Romo had no incomplete passes, 3 completed short passes, and 4 runs that went nowhere. That got us 2 punts and 10 Pittsburgh points. No hearsay...just a play-by-play transcript. Ball don't lie.

My theory is that all you want to talk about is the interception. It has consumed you mind, body and soul. While very sad, I too wish it hadn't happened. So I can empathize with your insane obsession. But your complaint/solution is "Why couldn't Romo have just managed the game like Delhomme did... hand the ball to Choice or worst case make short throws."

Fin and I repeatedly pointed out that, well, that's exactly what Romo did for the first two possessions of the Fourth Quarter. The result sucked. Worse than "losing" at the time we tried your solution, WE WERE WINNING. We pissed away the lead by flawlessly doing exactly what you called for. Hooray.

To summarize for you, my point is "your solution sucks because we tried it in game and we lost the lead." No, no no: nothing about Romo being the king of chokers vs. the king of kings. Just "your solution sucks."

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-10-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #7
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Silk, do you even know what we're talking about anymore? What was your point with posting the last two series of the game? Did you post it for the sake of posting? Please try explaining how those two series support your points.

As for this bewildering post, I first showed you the stat that EVERY Q4 run by Choice was 2 yards or less (not gonna net a first down). I then showed you the stat that while we lost the lead, Romo had no incomplete passes, 3 completed short passes, and 4 runs that went nowhere. That got us 2 punts and 10 Pittsburgh points. No hearsay...just a play-by-play transcript. Ball don't lie.

My theory is that all you want to talk about is the interception. It has consumed you mind, body and soul. While very sad, I too wish it hadn't happened. So I can empathize with your insane obsession. But your complaint/solution is "Why couldn't Romo have just managed the game like Delhomme did... hand the ball to Choice or worst case make short throws."

Fin and I repeatedly pointed out that, well, that's exactly what Romo did for the first two possessions of the Fourth Quarter. The result sucked. Worse than "losing" at the time we tried your solution, WE WERE WINNING. We pissed away the lead by flawlessly doing exactly what you called for. Hooray.

To summarize for you, my point is "your solution sucks because we tried it in game and we lost the lead." No, no no: nothing about Romo being the king of chokers vs. the king of kings. Just "your solution sucks."

I see you dont get it so dont worry about it... I will not explain ANY LONGER why I called Romo a "Mental Midget" and why I answered someones question about what QB's I felt was better than Romo, and why I answered someones question on what my definition of "Big Games" is....

If my solution of Romo learning to manage games better and learning how to play better under pressure is not right to you, then so be it...You can just continue to look over all the shortcomings of Romo because there are some things he does very well. That is just on you....I am done, Romo is a "Mental Midget", and until his Football IQ gets better, the Cowboys will continue to come up short most of the time when it counts in my definition of
"Big Games".....IMO...So, there is no arguement. I have use IMO many times, and you have argued it everytime. You cant argue my opinion...
Old 12-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will not explain ANY LONGER why I called Romo a "Mental Midget" and why I answered someones question about what QB's I felt was better than Romo, and why I answered someones question on what my definition of "Big Games" is....
This will be your last post in this thread if you stick to your word... Why set yourself up for hypocrisy? We all know you'll keep rambling as long as we keep responding...

Romo is a choker/mental midget/not Jake Delhomme - we get it, you've made your point (we just don't agree with it...)

Now rest your case - you don't get extra CREDIT for posting the same thing over & over again...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
This will be your last post in this thread if you stick to your word... Why set yourself up for hypocrisy? We all know you'll keep rambling as long as we keep responding...

Romo is a choker/mental midget/not Jake Delhomme - we get it, you've made your point (we just don't agree with it...)

Now rest your case - you don't get extra CREDIT for posting the same thing over & over again...
I said EXPLAIN my view points any longer on those issues. Now, I will keep posting in this thread, so you wont get any "CREDIT" for being an "XPERT" for not following my post..
Old 12-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #10
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see you dont get it so dont worry about it... I will not explain ANY LONGER why I called Romo a "Mental Midget" and why I answered someones question about what QB's I felt was better than Romo, and why I answered someones question on what my definition of "Big Games" is....

If my solution of Romo learning to manage games better and learning how to play better under pressure is not right to you, then so be it...You can just continue to look over all the shortcomings of Romo because there are some things he does very well. That is just on you....I am done, Romo is a "Mental Midget", and until his Football IQ gets better, the Cowboys will continue to come up short most of the time when it counts in my definition of
"Big Games".....IMO...So, there is no arguement. I have use IMO many times, and you have argued it everytime. You cant argue my opinion...
I can agree that he needs to prove himself--many great QB's in the past have.

Regardless of winning a big game, he's never gonna get the credit he deserves until he wins the big one.

This isn't to say that I'm not glad he's the QB of America's Team.

I just dread thinking about past QB's we've had after Troy...don't really want to go there. We are so blessed to have Romo. I don't think anybody can hate on him with that in mind.

Live by Romo, Die by Romo.

(Live plz)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 12-10-2008 at 12:53 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I can agree that he needs to prove himself--many great QB's in the past have.

Regardless of winning a big game, he's never gonna get the credit he deserves until he wins the big one.

This isn't to say that I'm not glad he's the QB of America's Team.

I just dread thinking about past QB's we've had after Troy...don't really want to go there. We are so blessed to have Romo. I don't think anybody can hate on him with that in mind.

Live by Romo, Die by Romo.

(Live plz)
I agree 100%, but I think Romo will get some of the monkey off his back when he wins his first playoff game...You are right, we have to live and die by Romo here. We all know that, because we all want the best for our Cowboys.

Tags
ass hattery, creditxpert2003, douchebaggery, ed werder hates t.o., homo raters, romo haters, romo homers, to + witten = <3