Red White and Blue is on a distinguished road

It may not be a big move, but it is a move. Here is the link Wolves sign Hudson
Red White and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2002, 09:00 PM   #2
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Some times the best moves, are the ones you don't make.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 09:44 PM   #3
Red White and Blue

And sometimes 1 move is all it takes. When signing a player, you can only get better.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:11 PM   #4
David
Golden Member

<< And sometimes 1 move is all it takes. When signing a player, you can only get better. >>

That's rediculous. Just because you can add a player, doesn't mean a player is any good. What if the player doesn't fit your system. Adding a player for the sake of adding a player would be stupid.

If I'm not mistaken, Hudson had the worst assist to turnover ratio of any PG in the league.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:38 PM   #5
Red White and Blue

Listen at what you said, you said what if a player doesn't fit your system. Why add that player then? I never said that the Mavs should sign just anyone to this team, but please sign someone. When signing someone, I take it they are smart enough to sign someone who fits the teams style. That's ridiculous you cannot understand that. Why would a team add a player who they think is no good? Obviously the Wolves thinks he is good, that's why they signed him.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:32 AM   #6
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

isnt troy a sg?anyway,i remember the man got a little game,although i agree completly with what daviv said,sometimes its best not to do anything,but in min situation,they would be better sign any pg would agree playing with them,after loosing cahuncy,and you never know if terrel can play.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 05:39 AM   #7
David
Golden Member

<< Listen at what you said, you said what if a player doesn't fit your system. Why add that player then? I never said that the Mavs should sign just anyone to this team, but please sign someone. When signing someone, I take it they are smart enough to sign someone who fits the teams style. That's ridiculous you cannot understand that. Why would a team add a player who they think is no good? Obviously the Wolves thinks he is good, that's why they signed him. >>

&quot;When signing a player, you can only get better.&quot; Here is your quote.

Does this guy fit the TWolves system with him handling the ball and turning it over so frequently? Would he fit the Mavs? You are implying the Mavs should just sign someone, to sign someone. You know as well, as everyone else,(or should) that the Mavs are waiting on Lewis. They sign him or don't.

There are plenty of spares to sign, like Hudson, if the Mavs just want to sign &quot;a&quot; player. The Mavs are 3 deep at PG, so they don't need Hudson. The Mavs have Dirk, Bradley, Esch and Raef, under contract, and expect to sign Wang, all at least 10 years younger than Willis so why sign a 40 year old? Two teams, signed two players, whoop-de-doo. The Mavs didn't want EITHER one of them.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:20 PM   #8
Red White and Blue

David, how exactly did you know the Mavs weren't interested in either of them? You work in the Mavs front office now? This guy obviously fits the Wolves system, why would they sign him David? Everyone don't think like you, some people actually have logic as to what they are doing. They wouldn't throw the money at the guy that he signed for, if they didn't feel he would help them. I said in 1 of the previous posts that the Mavs shouldn't just sign anyone, but I take it Cuban/Nellie have valid reasons when signing someone. If you take a second to listen at what you are saying, you will see how funny it is. If the Mavs signed someone, do you think they do it just to be doing it? Of course not, they are smart enough to sign a player that can help this team. Their is plenty of guys out there who can help this team, and that's who I want the Mavs to sign. I have said this, and you know it. Wouldn't you think that if the Mavs signed someone, that they felt he could contribute? I mean, anyone with limited knowledge of the game knows that. Obviously you don't, or will not admit it. I said the Mavs need to sign someone, and that will only help the team. I think they are smart enough to sign a player that fits the team, I don't know about you!
Old 08-27-2002, 03:47 PM   #9
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

I just agreeded with David on the Willis post, but now im going to have to disagree BIG TIME!! This is a relatively big move. The t-pups had no back up pg for injury prone Brandon after losing Billups. They just signed an EXPLOSIVE sg/pg in Hudson. He can score in bunches, shoots 3's, incredibley high ft % and good on D. He also lit the Mavs up last year.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 05:39 PM   #10
David
Golden Member

<< David, how exactly did you know the Mavs weren't interested in either of them? You work in the Mavs front office now? >>

I guess you want me to repeat myself.

The reason the Mavs weren't interested in Willis, a 40 year old PF/C, other than age is:

The Mavs have Raef, Dirk, Bradley and Esch ALREADY under contract.

The reason the Mavs weren't interested in Hudson:

The Mavs have Nash, NVE and AJ already under contract.

<< This guy obviously fits the Wolves system, why would they sign him David? >>

The TWolve need a PG for sure. Brandon may be finished. Why sign Hudson? Perhaps their PGs weren't turning the ball over enough to suit them.

<< Everyone don't think like you, some people actually have logic as to what they are doing. >>

If the drivel you put out passes for logic...

<< They wouldn't throw the money at the guy that he signed for, if they didn't feel he would help them. >>

The TWolves can sign all the spare PGs they want. It's good for the Mavs.

<< I said in 1 of the previous posts that the Mavs shouldn't just sign anyone, but I take it Cuban/Nellie have valid reasons when signing someone. >>

You've been going on and on and boohooing about the Mavs not signing &quot;a&quot; player. Now you are backtracking.

<< If you take a second to listen at what you are saying, you will see how funny it is. If the Mavs signed someone, do you think they do it just to be doing it? Of course not, they are smart enough to sign a player that can help this team. >>

Once again you have been crying because the Mavs haven't signed anyone and posting about every spare that gets signed. Don't worry there will be enough end-of-the-bench players to go around.

<< Their is plenty of guys out there who can help this team, and that's who I want the Mavs to sign. I have said this, and you know it. Wouldn't you think that if the Mavs signed someone, that they felt he could contribute? >>

Yes, the Mavs know what they are doing, which is what I've been saying. The Mavs are looking to get Lewis first. If they don't sign him, they will fill the bench with SOMEONE who can help them, just not not any of these spares you are crowing about as they get signed for minimum NBA wage.

<< I mean, anyone with limited knowledge of the game knows that. Obviously you don't, or will not admit it. I said the Mavs need to sign someone, and that will only help the team. I think they are smart enough to sign a player that fits the team, I don't know about you! >>

Don't worry, the Mavs will field a team of some sort this year. They will sign some bench players that will hardly get off the bench to &quot;help&quot; the team. Just not any of the retreads and wannabes that you favor.

RW&amp;B, I get the feeling you rode the short bus to school.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:18 PM   #11
Red White and Blue

Sure David, insult me when your posts are full of crap. HA HA, don't blame me David, blame yourself. You're the 1 who post this stuff. I will not reply to anymore of your insults, have fun talking to yourself. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2002, 07:20 PM   #12
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Here it comes Rhylan. I know you see it also. Do what's right...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 07:31 PM   #13
Red White and Blue

You have said this in 2 different threads, what are you talking about?
Old 08-27-2002, 09:28 PM   #14
David
Golden Member

<< Sure David, insult me when your posts are full of crap. HA HA, don't blame me David, blame yourself. You're the 1 who post this stuff. I will not reply to anymore of your insults, have fun talking to yourself. Thanks! >>

Isn't it strange that people notice when they are being insulted but disregard the insults they, themselves hurl? Go back and see who threw out the first insult, RW&amp;Boohoo.
Old 09-10-2002, 03:24 PM   #15
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

More moves by the T-Wolves...

Wolves' Nesterovic accepts qualifying offer

September 10, 2002

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Minnesota Timberwolves center Rasho Nesterovic accepted a qualifying contract offer from the team Tuesday.

Terms of the deal were not announced.

Nesterovic, a restricted free agent entering his fifth season, can become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

The 7-foot Nesterovic had career highs in scoring (8.4), rebounding (6.5) and minutes (27) with Minnesota last season. He shot a career-high 49.3 percent from the field.

Nesterovic was Minnesota's first-round draft pick in 1998.

The Wolves also signed 2000 second-round draft pick Igor Rakocevic.

Rakocevic played for the world champion Yugoslav national team this summer.

Rakocevic as played the last two years for KK Buducnost Podgorica in Yugoslavia. He averaged 17.7 points and 2.1 assists last season.