Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-09-2002, 04:44 PM   #1
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

9/9/2002

SOUTHFIELD, Michigan (Ticker) -- Sacramento Kings star Chris Webber reportedly has been indicted on charges that he lied to a grand jury about his dealings with a former basketball booster at the University of Michigan.

WWJ Radio in Michigan, citing sources in the Detroit office of the FBI, reported that Webber has been charged with making false statements to a grand jury and with obstructing justice.

The radio station also reported that Webber's father, Mace, and an unidentified aunt were charged with obstruction of justice.

If convicted, Webber could face up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine on the charge of making false statements.

WWJ reported that the Federal District Court in Detroit will contact Webber and arrange a court appearance.

The booster, Ed Martin, pleaded guilty in May to conspiracy to launder monetary instruments. The 68-year-old Martin admitted that he took gambling money and loaned it to at least four Michigan basketball players while they were amateurs.

Martin said that he paid $280,000 to Webber and also gave money to Robert Traylor, Maurice Taylor and Louis Bullock.

The 29-year-old Webber played two seasons ar Michigan and led the Wolverines to championship game appearances in 1992 and 1993. He was the first pick of the 1993 NBA draft.

Webber has spent the last four seasons in Sacramento after stints in Washington and Golden State.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The heat is on!

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2002, 07:17 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

woo hoo she webb is about to become someone's biatch.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:33 PM   #3
Fin4MVP

Fin4MVP is on a distinguished road

Like most other famous people, he wont spend a day in jail for this crime he committed.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:55 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

sadly..you are correct. But the thought of him being Shewebb and a prison bitch makes me laugh.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 10:27 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Dunno, Doc.....if they're gunning for Martha Stewart, can SheWebb be far behind?

MattyStu...talk about a prison bitch!
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 03:47 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

That's a great thing for Lakermania. Now the Lakers wouldn't have to cheat their way to another ring.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 01:37 AM   #7
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

If convicted wont he miss the whole nba season?
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 10:26 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

He can work with Coach Patrick Ewing on hitting The Big Shot....
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote