Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all
Default Dirk's Foul Upgraded And Fined o_O

Didnt the Dallas dailies report that the foul was downgraded before?
Quote:
NEW YORK, May 3 – Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks has been fined $15,000 and assessed a Flagrant Foul Penalty Two for making unnecessary and excessive contact with Pau Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 6:11 remaining in the second quarter of the Mavericks 102-76 win over the Grizzlies at FedExForum on Monday, May 1.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I told you that shit was flagrant!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Garbage.

Stooge is a f*cking idiot.

I think the report is wrong. Didn't the foul in question occur on Saturday?

Dirk's reprieve
Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki's flagrant foul against Pau Gasol in Game 3 was reduced to a personal foul by the NBA office after film of the play was reviewed, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Nowitzki will not be fined and will not be assessed any points. Players are suspended if they accrue more than four flagrant-foul penalties in the playoffs.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 05-03-2006 at 05:44 PM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's foul at 6:11 of the second quarter in the clinching game was offensive, and it damn sure wasn't a flagrant 2. This story makes no sense.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

The flagrant they were talking about is bullshit anyway...how can it be a flagrant foul when he actually blocks the shot and THEN hits the guy?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

It's a different foul. The Game 3 one was rescinded. This one is about a foul in game 4 that was called personal and is now being changed.

This is simply, in a word, RIDIRKULOUS.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #7
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Just watched that incident again. It was a Dirk elbow to Gasol's chest.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

So a handful of cookies is worth $10k, but an elbow to the chest is worth $15k?

The NBA has no consistency in its fines whatsoever.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The elbow as intentional? So what does this do to dirk's "flagrant" score? Another flagrant 2 and he's suspended a game?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:21 PM   #10
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could talk to Stu Jackson, (he is the guy that hands these suspensions and fines out right?), to ask him how in the bloody hell that foul is worse than Evans' nut pull...

Are you $@^@#%$ kidding me???
Old 05-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
The elbow as intentional? So what does this do to dirk's "flagrant" score? Another flagrant 2 and he's suspended a game?
So if Dirk puts someone on his ass and is called for a Flagrant 2 he's out for a game? Damn. I never heard of that rule.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #12
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
So if Dirk puts someone on his ass and is called for a Flagrant 2 he's out for a game? Damn. I never heard of that rule.
Well, if he's called for a flagrant 2 during the game, he's automatically ejected.

But as far as suspension goes, you are allowed up to 6 flagrant foul points before suspensions become automatic - you may be suspended before that at the league's discretion.

I'm assuming that like technicals, flagrant points start over in the playoffs. I haven't been able to find a lnk to substantiate that, but that's what I'm thinking.

Since the Game 3 foul was rescinded, then that would give Dirk a total of 2 points.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

There is some sort of running score. I don't really know how it works but it's sort of like the running technical foul score. You get so many, you get a game suspension.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

Thank you mary.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #15
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Thank you mary.
You're welcome I wish I could provide a link, so I'd be 100% positive but I've been searching for five minutes and have come up with nothing.

I can't say I even remember Dirk's foul in the second quarter. I need to check the Tivo!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 05-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

As Mavkiki likes to say....thanks Mr. Stooge Ackson.

Idiot. How can the Kaman nut pull get less than a questionable elbow?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I thought stupidity like this was outlawed in 2002
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #18
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that elbow was bullshit by Dirk, (he went way back and got strength behind it prior to throwing it and his body at Pau), and I don't know after seeing it that I have a problem with the flagrant 2; however, HOW IN THE HELL CAN THAT BE WORSE THAN A GUY PUTTING HIS HAND UNDERNEATH ANOTHER MAN'S ASS AND YANKING HIS NUTS???
Old 05-03-2006, 11:19 PM   #19
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Well, that elbow was bullshit by Dirk, (he went way back and got strength behind it prior to throwing it and his body at Pau), and I don't know after seeing it that I have a problem with the flagrant 2; however, HOW IN THE HELL CAN THAT BE WORSE THAN A GUY PUTTING HIS HAND UNDERNEATH ANOTHER MAN'S ASS AND YANKING HIS NUTS???
Far as I'm concerned, being forever remembered as "the guy who grabbed Chris Kaman's balls" is punishment enough
Old 05-03-2006, 11:23 PM   #20
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Far as I'm concerned, being forever remembered as "the guy who grabbed Chris Kaman's balls" is punishment enough
Hahaha... Nice!

You have a point there, but still... It is BS that he didn't even get suspended for that... To me, that is MUCH worse than pulling Kobe down. HE TRIED TO PULL HIS BALLS OFF, (so said Kaman anyway)!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'd probably lose my job and potentially be sued for millions of dollars if I grabbed the balls of a coworker. I definitely wouldnt be able to show up for the next work day
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I'd probably lose my job and potentially be sued for millions of dollars if I grabbed the balls of a coworker. I definitely wouldnt be able to show up for the next work day
Yeah, I definetly dont see how Evans' gold digging wasnt as bad as Dirk's foul.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I think this is a setup post, but I will bite:

You would be suprised...
Old 05-03-2006, 11:41 PM   #24
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is everybody seeing Dirk's foul...is there a link somewhere
Old 05-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Where is everybody seeing Dirk's foul...is there a link somewhere
I saw it on Fox Sports Southwest highlights after the Ranger game.

I will look for a link.

EDIT: youtube.com is down right now and the major sports webpages don't currently have it. If I find it later I will post it if no one finds it first.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 05-03-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #26
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

Dirk is such a badass.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:53 PM   #27
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Well, if he's called for a flagrant 2 during the game, he's automatically ejected.

But as far as suspension goes, you are allowed up to 6 flagrant foul points before suspensions become automatic - you may be suspended before that at the league's discretion.

I'm assuming that like technicals, flagrant points start over in the playoffs. I haven't been able to find a lnk to substantiate that, but that's what I'm thinking.

Since the Game 3 foul was rescinded, then that would give Dirk a total of 2 points.
Oh okay thanks for clearing that up. Never knew about that rule. I know you are automatically ejected from the game after you get a flagrant 2 but I didn't know it could effect you going into another game if you have enough points.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #28
DirkGoesNuclear

Dirk $15,000 lighter after shot on Pau
League also hits Nowitzki with flagrant foul for Game 4 play

09:28 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 3, 2006
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Dirk Nowitzki was fined $15,000 by the NBA on Wednesday and assessed a flagrant foul, penalty two, for making unnecessary and excessive contact with Memphis' Pau Gasol in the second quarter of the Mavericks' 102-76 win in Game 4 in the first round.

The Mavericks had the ball and Nowitzki was making a move across the top of the lane and ran into Gasol, swinging his arm and catching Gasol in the neck and shoulder. The play was called an offensive foul during the game.

In Game 3, Nowitzki was called for a flagrant foul, penalty one, on a blocked shot, but the league reduced that call to a common foul.

If a player accrues more than four points during the playoffs, he can be suspended by the league.

Dirk learning to pace himself: Usually, coaches want players to work harder. Avery Johnson's concern with Nowitzki was that he worked too hard, wearing himself down because he was averse to ta- king time off. Johnson said he has even fined Nowitzki for working out when he wasn't supposed to.

Nowitzki is still a big gym rat, but Johnson said he has done a bet- ter job pacing himself this season.

"Now he sees that, hey, a little rest lets the body repair itself and can do wonders," Johnson said.

Van Horn takes step closer to return: Forward Keith Van Horn, out since March 31 with a broken hand, was cleared for shooting and non-contact activities Wednesday. Johnson has said he hoped to have Van Horn available at some point during the second-round series.

Do as I say, not as I did: Johnson said he believes the Mavericks are most successful when Jason Terry is a shoot-first, pass-second point guard. It may seem surprising that Johnson is encouraging his point guard to play a completely different style than he did.

"That was one of the things I had to get out of my system, trying to have point guards play like me."

Variety the key for Stackhouse: Johnson said Jerry Stackhouse is at his best when his mixes up his offensive game, maintaining a balance between perimeter and mid-range shots and drives to the basket. Johnson said Stackhouse did that in his 19-point effort Monday.

Getting back to business: The Mavericks returned to practice Wednesday with a fairly light workout. Johnson expected to push the players harder today.

Johnson's message for the team Wednesday: "We were not flawless in the Memphis series."

"A lot of those things we had been talking about the whole series came together for us in Game 4," he said, "but they were not there for us in Games 1 and 2."

Briefly: Marquis Daniels, who sat out Monday because of a hip injury, practiced Wednesday. ... Devin Harris (strained quad) said he feels 100 percent but is working to get his timing back. ... Nowitzki said he'd prefer for the next series to start this weekend instead of later. That would require San Antonio winning Friday at Sacramento. ... Johnson said he and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich hadn't spoken in the first round because they've been busy but will soon, even if they're second-round opponents, "because that's what we do."
Old 05-04-2006, 12:27 AM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

Okay, so you're only allowed 4 points. Bummer.

Last edited by mary; 05-04-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If a player accrues more than four points during the playoffs, he can be suspended by the league.
Well, it sounds like it has to be more than 4. I don't see getting a Flagrant 1 and a Flagrant 2 to go on top of what he already has.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:09 AM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You don't? He'll have to cut back on his tough game, then. In two games he has gathered three points. (More or less.)
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:59 AM   #32
dude1394
Guru

So should we expect this?

Quote:
If Dirk's got upgraded, then we should be hearing about Kobe's "upgrade". He clearly elbowed Bell in the face before the infamous clothesline.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:03 AM   #33
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Not only that he has elbowed bell in the face 4 times in this series. Dirks foul was not a flagrant 2. That said if they are gonna call it that way kobe has to have his upgraded too. This is BS.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:30 AM   #34
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I thought Dirk was soft?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #35
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You don't? He'll have to cut back on his tough game, then. In two games he has gathered three points. (More or less.)

Dirk only has 2 points. The earlier flagrant was downgraded to a personal.

ETA: Over at db.com I noticed that the Star-Telegram says that you are suspended after three points.

Three points...four points....I wish we could get some clarification here.

Last edited by mary; 05-04-2006 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #36
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Dirk only has 2 points. The earlier flagrant was downgraded to a personal.

ETA: Over at db.com I noticed that the Star-Telegram says that you are suspended after three points.

Three points...four points....I wish we could get some clarification here.
Mary, here's more confusion for you. Patricia posted this on the LMF board.

Suspensions come for the 5th flagrant foul point.

After going back and watching it, I could see it called as a flagrant 1 (Dirk did throw the elbow hard), but have no idea how they called it a flagrant 2 (the contact was below the shoulders). Just guess the league is trying to clean up some of the dirty things that have been going on in the various series by letting the players know that fines (and suspensions) will be handed out.

[But the Evans non-suspension was absolutely ridiculous...]

patricia
Old 05-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #37
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is AFTER the 4th one. Meaning that once you get to 5 you get suspended.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #38
dude1394
Guru

Yea they'd really better make sure that dirk doesn't continue his thuggish ways. Sheesh...