Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bucher chat:

A couple of choice excerpts:

Brent Dallas: Still think Pau and Dirk is a wash? Do you ever watch any games during the season???? Nash as MVP? Worst MVP ever. He shouldn't even have been on the ballot. Nooone from Phoenix should have. Maybe Marion. Definitely not Nash. Please watch a game and get up to speed on the NBA. Get an original take and earn your salary. Thanks!

Ben (Arlington, TX): DIRK!

Ben (Arlington, TX): Your MVP list is REDIRKULOUS!

Grant (Denver): How you feeling about Dirk now?

Ric Bucher: (11:19 AM ET ) Same as I always have: I love Dirk. Love how he's transformed his game to fit the Mavs' new look. Love how he's emerged as more of a leader with Nash and Finley gone. Love how he handles the ball for a big. Love that textbook J. Love that Teutonic shag. He proved he's a level above Pau Gasol. Has he proved he belonged on my MVP ballot? No, for the same reason he wasn't there at the end of the regular season: there are a lot of factors contributing to the Mavs' success. He is their biggest. Bigger than Kobe, Nash, Billups, Duncan and LeBron were to their teams? Not in my opinion.

__________________________________________________ _

Ryan (Birmingham, AL): Do you think that the Mavs will be able to knock off the champs in Round 2 (if they get past the Kings)? Will the extra rest be an advantage?

Ric Bucher: (11:47 AM ET ) I give the Mavs a puncher's chance, but this is where Dirk can prove me wrong. I can't see Dallas getting by SA without a couple of dominating performances from him. Not big numbers, which he can always get, but gutcheck plays that show the rest of the Mavs he's the best player on the floor.

Ric Bucher: (11:49 AM ET ) The extra rest is a disadvantage, as is having such an easy time with Memphis. Whoever they face will have been in a dogfight and a mentally challenging series. Dallas is going to have to ramp up.

__________________________________________________ _

More of the "rest is a disadvantage" rhetoric. This dude amazes me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

He is an idiot. At this point im not sure i want him to say anything positive about the mavs since everything he says is wrong.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...never thought rest was a "disadvantage". Maybe not an advantage but a "disadvantage".

Bucher continues to show he is the dumbest journalist around, bar none.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The day of reckoning is fast approaching...... this guy is what I commonly refer to as a tool.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:05 AM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

You guys can't blame Bucher for his opinions. They are entirely based on SportsCenter highlights, so what do you expect?
Old 05-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Ric Bucher = George Gervin?
Old 05-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #7
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I think Bucher has argued himself into a corner and is acting like the type that would rather continue arguing a losing point then admit personal error.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #8
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
I think Bucher has argued himself into a corner and is acting like the type that would rather continue arguing a losing point then admit personal error.
I think that that's exactly what he is doing

I mean, hey, all the Mavs have to do is lose one series and he's correct right? Doesn't matter who to. The Mavs can lose game 7 in the Finals to the Pistons and Puker would be right.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Ric Bucher = George Gervin?

Thanks for the compliment! Of course all the Mavs have to do is win and shut everyone up.
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I used to be mad about the stupid crap he said then something hit me. Why the hell do we care? This is Ric effing Bucher. At least chuck was a great player but Ric Bucher? Give me a break. There is not one single reason to listen to a thing he says about basketball or probably anything else for that matter. Yes i will gripe about his mvp vote(if he actually has one) but his chats and articles should just be ignored because everyone who reads them is dumber for having done so. In fact you should remove the excerpts from above because everyone loses at least 1 iq point for every time they see anything written by ric bucher.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #11
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Ric Bucher: (11:47 AM ET ) I give the Mavs a puncher's chance, but this is where Dirk can prove me wrong. I can't see Dallas getting by SA without a couple of dominating performances from him. Not big numbers, which he can always get, but gutcheck plays that show the rest of the Mavs he's the best player on the floor.

While I give the Mavs more than a punchers chance he has admitted he will be proven wrong if Dirk shows up big and the Mavs win.. what's the big deal?
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with GG here. We have proven nada. And until we do, there will be doubters.

I don't see whats wrong with his statements about proving him wrong. Isn't that what the playoffs are all about? Proving yourself?

edit - Well, we have proven that we are better than Memphis... but don't think that was a question mark.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-04-2006 at 11:32 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #13
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I agree with GG here. We have proven nada. And until we do, there will be doubters.

I don't see whats wrong with his statements about proving him wrong. Isn't that what the playoffs are all about? Proving yourself?

edit - Well, we have proven that we are better than Memphis... but don't think that was a question mark.
I agree that we haven't proven anything. I just continue to be amused by his MVP ballot, and I was amazed to see someone once again say all our rest would bea disadvantage.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #14
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

bucher is such a flaming idiot, he has now overtaken charlie rosen as the worst beat writer in all of professional sports. this guy is so incompetent he makes jodie valade look like a pulitzer prize winner.

how anyone can be a self proclaimed expert yet continue to bash the mavs like this is just simply beyond me.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #15
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

wait, what!!?? Duncan was bigger for the Spurs this season than Dirk was for the Mavs? When this guy does finally admit that he's an idiot is when he should get credit for saying something intelligent.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
Thanks for the compliment! Of course all the Mavs have to do is win and shut everyone up.

Basically what it comes down too. Why people get upset when the Mavs recieve no credit is beyond me. Mavs beat the Spurs they will credit. They will be praised and probably favorites to win the title. If we still don't get credit honestly who gives a damn? Its all about the parade and Dallas and no sports writer can take that from us.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #17
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Basically what it comes down too. Why people get upset when the Mavs recieve no credit is beyond me. Mavs beat the Spurs they will credit. They will be praised and probably favorites to win the title. If we still don't get credit honestly who gives a damn? Its all about the parade and Dallas and no sports writer can take that from us.
i guaran-damn-tee you that the mavs will get ZERO credit if they should beat the spurs. the mavs series win would be attributed to the fact that duncan wasnt fully healthy. if the mavs beat the pistons in the finals, it would be that the pistons were worn out from playing their starters heavy minutes all season long.

its a total joke.

we are by far the LEAST respected team in the league. hell, the clippers are getting more respect than we are.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Here's a little respect:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2433185

Article where ESPN's NBA "experts" answer questions about the first round. Not much about the Mavs, but I did enjoy this blurb from Hollinger:

6. What's the most underreported story of the first round?

Hollinger: Dallas kicking the pants out of a very good Memphis team. We've reflexively made San Antonio the favorites in the West, but the Mavs played better than anybody else in Round 1.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
You guys can't blame Bucher for his opinions. They are entirely based on SportsCenter highlights, so what do you expect?
This is EXACTLY what I blame Bucher for.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #20
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

From the ESPN "expert" roundtable:

1. Who is the defining player of the playoffs so far? Which player, other than Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, has been most compelling to you?

John Hollinger: The defining player of the playoffs has definintely been LeBron James, just because he's been under such a microscope in his first playoffs and delivered so hugely. Other than Kobe and LeBron, I would say Dirk Nowitzki. He dominated the Memphis series and showed why he merited being in the MVP discussion.

Hollinger: Dallas kicking the pants out of a very good Memphis team. We've reflexively made San Antonio the favorites in the West, but the Mavs played better than anybody else in Round 1.

full article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2433185

If you're going to get respect from one ESPN writer, I take comfort in the fact that we're getting ours from the most knowledgeable.

Last edited by dirno2000; 05-04-2006 at 01:34 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
From the ESPN "expert" roundtable:

1. Who is the defining player of the playoffs so far? Which player, other than Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, has been most compelling to you?

John Hollinger: The defining player of the playoffs has definintely been LeBron James, just because he's been under such a microscope in his first playoffs and delivered so hugely. Other than Kobe and LeBron, I would say Dirk Nowitzki. He dominated the Memphis series and showed why he merited being in the MVP discussion.

full article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=2433185

If your going to get respect from one ESPN writer, I take comfort in know that we're getting ours from the most knowledgeable.
Beatcha' to it!! Well, I only posted the second part...

And I have now used by 1,000th post to point this out.....what a waste.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-04-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:35 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Not exactly. We are currently 4-0 and it hasn't done anything for you.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:37 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

While I give the Mavs more than a punchers chance he has admitted he will be proven wrong if Dirk shows up big and the Mavs win.. what's the big deal?
And the championships won by....Nash, LeBron are ???? I would actually put the rapist in that list since he's done nada since shaq was run off.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #24
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

As if he hadn't already lost all credibility! Good job, ESPN. Great job of running out complete morons of your shows.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Like Gervin, Bucher is a moron of monumental proportions.

But who cares what he says? He's an idiot sports reporter who requires the input of others to formulate an opinion.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #26
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Eff bucher, we should just shut up and let the team do the talking.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #27
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
i guaran-damn-tee you that the mavs will get ZERO credit if they should beat the spurs. the mavs series win would be attributed to the fact that duncan wasnt fully healthy. if the mavs beat the pistons in the finals, it would be that the pistons were worn out from playing their starters heavy minutes all season long.

its a total joke.

we are by far the LEAST respected team in the league. hell, the clippers are getting more respect than we are.

Maybe this year but lately i've seen the media be a lot more friendly to us. Now Dirk I can co-sign with you on. Out of all superstars he and Elton Brand are the least appreciated but as far as the Mavs go as of right now i'm seeing people star to take notice. As of right now i'd like to think that beating the Spurs not only does wonders for the Mavs but it also gives them more respect around the media. But I can't help but wonder if we'll hear the "Well Duncan was hurt" arguments if we beat them next round. If Kings make it to the 2nd round expect no respect garnered at all.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Bucher deserves the same thing from me that the WNBA deserves: none of my time.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #29
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Duncan and Billups??The man's an idiot,he's reaching and its so obvious its pathetic.
Did he had a ballot?The league should really look into the people that holds an MVP ballot.
Though i agree the rest we got could also be risky,we might lose our rhythm and killer instinct while SA would come ready to kill in the first game.
But they would tire out by the 3rd or 4th game.

Oh,and Dirk is at least 2 levels above Pao,if not 3.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #30
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Make no mistake about it, if we face the Spurs on the 2nd round, they will not be taken lightly. Rest = good.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #31
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Here's what Bucher says:
No, for the same reason he wasn't there at the end of the regular season: there are a lot of factors contributing to the Mavs' success. He is their biggest. Bigger than Kobe, Nash, Billups, Duncan and LeBron were to their teams? Not in my opinion.

This argument drives me crazy. We are rewarding guys for being on bad teams, and therefore rewarding bad menagement. It is called league MVP, not team MVP. It is not how valuable you are to your team. If that was the point we might as well bring Chris Paul, or heck Zach Randolph in the discussion. It's league MVP which means how valuable you are in the overall picture of the league. Just because the Mavs are top 3 in the league Dirk HAS to be in the discussion. But because he is much more the key to success for the Mavs, and because he has been one of the most dominant players in the league that is even more to strenthen the argument.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

I have some disagreements with what he said. I could actually use a really well reasoned argument against his mvp stuff but it doesnt matter. Either the mavs will win it all and prove him wrong. Or they wont and he will be justified. Either way my arguments(that he will never read) dont really serve any purpose.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't let him get to you. Bucher is insignicant. Even when he does make a somewhat intelligent point from time to time, it's surrounded by so much stupidity and surrounded by his efforts to cover his ass for his previous Dirk comments that it totally wipes out anything remotely intelligent that he might have said.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #34
Five-ofan
Guru

That is basically my point in the second post i made in this thread. I would love to know how he has a job though. Might come in handy to know how to keep a job while being utterly terrible at it after i get out of college.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 05-04-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:32 AM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

No, its a Mavs bias. It isn't f-in fair and it never will be. The fact that Noone will ever say one bad thing about Barkley and Malone, even though they themselves didn't have what it took to propel their teams to a championship. Where as I feel if the Mavs don't win it all this year that somehow that makes Dirk less of a player. Thats exactly what it is coming across as.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #36
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Wow...never thought rest was a "disadvantage". Maybe not an advantage but a "disadvantage".

Bucher continues to show he is the dumbest journalist around, bar none.
I remember Don Nelson saying that the rest they got when they swept Minny 4 years ago was a big disadvantage. There were even some conspiracy theories about them letting off the gas in the first round series against Portland the next year after building a 3-0 lead. That was the year they went on to FINALLY beat Sacramento on their way to the Western Conference Finals.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #37
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
I remember Don Nelson saying that the rest they got when they swept Minny 4 years ago was a big disadvantage. There were even some conspiracy theories about them letting off the gas in the first round series against Portland the next year after building a 3-0 lead. That was the year they went on to FINALLY beat Sacramento on their way to the Western Conference Finals.
You mean that was the year they got stretched to 7 games in the first round and then went into the next round and got completely destroyed in the first game of the series?
Old 05-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #38
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
I don't remember him saying that but if he did it was just Nellie making excuses. The Kings closed out Utah one day after we closed out Minn. They had 3 days rest, we had four. I doubt that affected the series one bit.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #39
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

everything about the mavs was a big disadvantage, according to Don Nelson.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:09 AM   #40
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
everything about the mavs was a big disadvantage, according to Don Nelson.
Bingo.