Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2006, 12:18 AM   #1
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default Here we go...

Ok, sunday at 11:30 central time.

I will be sorely disappointed if the mavs don't win this series. The Spurs were beaten up against the Kings and the mavs have been conducting scrimmage just to avoid being too relaxed.

Let's get em..
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #2
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

at spursreport.com they are gettin ready, and also very mad about the possible rise of the Dallas Mavericks. It will be a great series.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Mavs take this series 4-3.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

We better close it out in 6, we are NOT winning game 7 on the Spurs court.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:56 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

11:30??

Too early!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:57 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah..

F 'em!

Mavs in 6

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-06-2006 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:07 AM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

I grabbed the schedule from a poster at db.com. I'm assuming its correct. That's quite a lay off after game 2. What the hell is up with that?

SERIES SCHEDULE

Sunday, May 7th - Dallas @ SA - Noon
Tuesday, May 9th - Dallas @ SA - 7:30 PM
Saturday, May 13th - SA @ Dallas - TBD
Monday, May 15th - SA @ Dallas - 7:30 PM
Wednesday, May 17th - Dallas @ SA - TBD
Friday, May 19th - SA @ Dallas - TBD
Monday, May 22nd - Dallas @ SA - TBD

Last edited by mary; 05-06-2006 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:08 AM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

We better win this series, I've been saying all year to my friends that the Mavs can beat the Spurs. They don't believe me, and no one believes we can beat them. It's time to prove them wrong and get some respect from our doubters. It'll be a hard fought series, but I say Mavs in 6.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #9
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

HOORAHHHHHHHHHH.............. a new empire ARISES..

Media outlets, beat writers, Spurs fans, doubters, haters, Americans, Germans, Canadians, general basketball fans - this is your public service announcement..

Realize and recgonize that the Mavs are for real!! MAVS IN SIX!

(Or Dirk shaves his head.)

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:12 AM   #10
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

Eleven freaking thirty?
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:16 AM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

Personally, I don't really find the old Western attire that intimdating. Look at these cheap old bastards I found on ebay..

Less than a buck...

Last edited by mary; 05-06-2006 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:21 AM   #12
mary
Troll Hunter

On the other hand...this 1972 Maverick is quite beautiful and looks fully capable of running over anyone wearing old rusty boot accessories.

Last edited by mary; 05-06-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:21 AM   #13
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to finally get some pub from the national peeps but it's all for naught if we don't display mad game this next week and a half. Mavs gotta take this shit. All the marbles are at stake. For the last six months, all the stars, all the cards and all the tea leaves pointed to this. They all pointed to......

Dallas vs San Antonio.

Hell, the West was fought for this. The whole Western Conference regular season was merely prelude, merely formality.. to set up a Dallas-San Antonio showdown.

Dirk vs Duncan. JHo vs Manu. The Little General vs Coach Pop. North vs South. Champs vs challengers.

SA took the HCA but we got the rest. It'll be a war.

Winner cakewalks to the NBA finals.

It's so on on Sunday - GO MAVERICKS!! EVIL DIRK AND MAVS TAKE IT IN SIES.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:33 AM   #14
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I like the early start time for us... after all the Spurs are flying in from Sac-town right now. Let's get 'em out of bed as soon as possible!
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #15
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastDallasCowboy
Eleven freaking thirty?
Its the playoffs, baby. That day game crap won't matter. Mavs should be primed and ready. I would just love to see to total dominance of SA out there, but I'll settle for 4 wins
Old 05-06-2006, 03:15 AM   #16
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

From Daily Dime-

Tony Parker had a bag of ice stuck inside the top right side of his shorts as he shuffled with a pronounced limp through the exit tunnel at Arco Arena and into the oversized closet that serves at the visitors' locker room.

Behind him was Manu Ginobili, displaying a limp of his own that was nowhere near as pronounced as Parker's.

Both guys looked to be in no shape to do anything except collapse.

But unfortunately for the San Antonio Spurs, that's just too darn bad.

The league office has decreed that they'll be back in action at noon local time on Sunday for Game 1 against the Dallas Mavericks, a situation Sacramento Kings coach Rick Adelman described as a "travesty."

"Who in the world made that schedule? They worked all year to get homecourt advantage, and they play a tough series and they're going to make them play 36 hours later? To me that is just a travesty. And if they lose (Game 1), then you can put it on someone in New York, because that's just not right.

"And I know Pop wouldn't say it, but that's probably how he feels, and so maybe I can say it. I don't think they can fine me," Adelman said.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich actually did have something to say about it when I stopped him in the hallway outside the Spurs' dressing room, and though he wasn't nearly as forthright about things as Adelman, he didn't exactly sound enthused.

"We've never had anything like this, and the worst thing for us this year was back-to-backs, we were terrible, and this is basically a back-to-back," Popovich said. "So we only have one choice, and that's to try to use it as fuel, be angry about that kind of time slot and show that out on the court with our play, and not whine about it or be deflated about it."

---

Don't like it? Next time, handle your business.

I can't wait for Sunday. I'm so pumped.

edit: The hell is that shit Adelman is talking about? It's a disadvantage to take your pretty little time to finish a series and then have to play a 60-win team who has been camping out and scouting your ass for a week in 36 hours but it sure as hell doesn't mean it's on New York. Whiny ass. Mavs win = Mavs win. Don't jock the credit.

Last edited by rabbitproof; 05-06-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:27 AM   #17
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

F EM!

WE GOT DIRK, BABY!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:09 AM   #18
mary
Troll Hunter

Wow, the excuses have already begun for the Spurs.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:22 AM   #19
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

That's it. The championship series. It's all or nothing now.

p/s: Dirk, you want to play on Sunday? You got it.

Last edited by DirkGoesNuclear; 05-06-2006 at 07:30 AM.
DirkGoesNuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:37 AM   #20
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

NBA.com shows the game is at 2:30pm Central on ABC.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:52 AM   #21
mary
Troll Hunter

Are you sure? On the "schedule" page its listed as starting 1:00 eastern.

http://www.nba.com/schedules/

Last edited by mary; 05-06-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:05 AM   #22
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

12:00 p.m. CT.

Mavs in six. Otherwise... game 7 at AT&T Center won't do you a favor.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #23
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Thank friggin GOD we're playing basketball again. It SUCKED to go a week without it.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #24
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

And the BEST thing about a noon start - combine it with a VERY late night in Sacremento - and it becomes like a back to back. The Spurs SUCK on back to backs.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #25
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

i just checked spursreport.com! man,those spurs fans are talking like we are nothing.it's like spurs in 5,no doubt,if we are bad and do not execute well...it will take 6.No one fears us...they seem to be very convinced that bruce bowen will shut down dirk....imo there is no way he can possibly defend dirk...(anymore ;-) )dirk worked his tail of during the so called "break" .he will come out as sharp as he was....bring it on spurs

lets show them why they should fear us!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #26
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
Thank friggin GOD we're playing basketball again. It SUCKED to go a week without it.
Hallelujah brother.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #27
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Are you sure? On the "schedule" page its listed as starting 1:00 eastern.

http://www.nba.com/schedules/
You are right... but the home page ('On the Air', right column) lists it as 3:30pm Eastern! Probably a mistake...
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
I like where your head's at.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's ON! The skirts have been served.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:11 AM   #30
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
The hell is that shit Adelman is talking about? It's a disadvantage to take your pretty little time to finish a series and then have to play a 60-win team who has been camping out and scouting your ass for a week in 36 hours but it sure as hell doesn't mean it's on New York. Whiny ass. Mavs win = Mavs win. Don't jock the credit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Wow, the excuses have already begun for the Spurs.
They're not coming from the Spurs' organization. It seems like you're attempting to marginalize the impact of the schedule, as if it's not a factor, but several Mavs fans on this board have already made the same observation.

And frankly, I'm a little surprised by that attitude. You guys say you want to show the world that you're the best, but (some of) you seem pretty giddy that you get to face the Spurs 36 hours after their last game. If you really want to prove that you're the best, then I would think you guys would also be dissapointed by the scheduling. Isn't it more satisfying to defeat a team when they're at their best? Clearly, the early Sunday gametime isn't doing the Spurs any favors.

The Mavs are not responsible for the scheduling, and any team would be stupid not to take advantage of the situation. But you have to be aware that some people are going to be upset by this.

And Rabbit, it's not about "handling your business." Winning the series quickly is one thing, but it's quite another to penalize the #1 seed for closing out on the road. It's an obvious TV revenue ploy. Unfortunately, that's the NBA money machine: Why the hell couldn't they have scheduled game 6 on Thursday? Why have the extra day between game 5 and 6? They still could have had their blockbuster Sunday, but that's not enough...they need to rake in the Friday dough as well. The Cavs got the early Friday game, and then the late Sunday game. LeBron's gotta get the prime time slots. It sucks for the Spurs. It doesn't show any respect for their status as NBA Champions, or their #1 seed, but that's nothing new. I guess I should just be grateful that they didn't push game 1 to Saturday and slide the Lakers/Phoenix game to Sunday afternoon, or even Sunday evening to showcase the Kobe show.

But if I know the Spurs, they'll never use it as an excuse -- they're not about that. But this is a pretty crappy thing for the league to allow.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #31
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by candid_snoop41
i just checked spursreport.com! man,those spurs fans are talking like we are nothing.it's like spurs in 5,no doubt,if we are bad and do not execute well...it will take 6.No one fears us...
At least aexchange is representing. Only your to classy. You forgot to mention the only thing dirtier than their river is the way Bowan plays Dirk, and the only thing dirtier than that is their woman.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #32
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricklayer
At least aexchange is representing. Only your to classy. You forgot to mention the only thing dirtier than their river is the way Bowan plays Dirk, and the only thing dirtier than that is their woman.
Wow...talk about Klassy.

Ax has been on SR.com for several years, and he's a welcome addition.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #33
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I don't care if they make timmah play with one-hand behind his back. I'd have just as soon played sacremento because as it has just been proven they are not the team that the sk*rts are.

We've been on the other side and it stinks, but you just deal with it, so the sk*rts are just going to have to deal with it, or not.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-06-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #34
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

C'mon TVI, just a little trash talkin. It's not like I went to your board and said it... now that would be rude. Besides, that little put down isn't going to sting nearly as bad as when our Mavs take off your crown.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #35
TVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricklayer
C'mon TVI, just a little trash talkin. It's not like I went to your board and said it... now that would be rude. Besides, that little put down isn't going to sting nearly as bad as when our Mavs take off your crown.
Well you know me...I actually think the Mavs are capable of doing it. I just hope that they don't.

And I guarantee you, No mater the outcome, I will be pulling for the winner of this series.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #36
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Mavs in 6....maybe 5

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:01 PM   #37
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

I have tickets for the second home game. Hopefully the Mavs will be closing out the series by then
Old 05-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #38
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

If I were the Spurs I'd be happy having that break after the 2 home games instead of before. They might be tired but they'll have HC advantage and the home crowd behind them. It's not like they have to go into Dallas limping right off the bat. They'll have 3 days rest before having to go on the road again.

Any word on when KVH? Will he be ready tomorrow?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #39
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
it's quite another to penalize the #1 seed for closing out on the road.
You would think that the #1 seed wouldn't have to take 6 games to close out the series anyway.

The Mavs had to deal with crappy scheduling in 02-03 when the league scheduled an actual back-to-back with the Kings. It sucks. But all you can do is play the cards you are dealt.

Mavs in 6.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
If I were the Spurs I'd be happy having that break after the 2 home games instead of before. They might be tired but they'll have HC advantage and the home crowd behind them. It's not like they have to go into Dallas limping right off the bat. They'll have 3 days rest before having to go on the road again.

Any word on when KVH? Will he be ready tomorrow?
the only thing I heard is that he'd play in this series. I would expect that would be in about a week. So possibly game 4.