Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-01-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road
Default Carter wants team to trade Bosh

Link

News
Most draft experts loved Toronto's selection of forward Chris Bosh with the fourth pick in the 2003 NBA draft, but Vince Carter is not a draft expert. "I would prefer to trade him and get a veteran," Carter told the Dayton Beach News-Journal last Friday. "We need to win right now, not in a couple of years. We need experience."

Views
Uh, Vince, getting one more veteran is not going to get your team over the hump. We like to defend Carter (God knows why), but these quotes are ridiculous. Even if that's what you think, you don't diss your new teammate like that in the papers.

--------------------------------------------------------

Way to make the rook feel welcome there Vince. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2003, 04:45 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

We talked about this in another thread, but I will repeat....Carter needs to shut his pie hole and attempt to get on the court and play basketball. The overated wonder has had a serious problem doing that over that last year plus.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:52 PM   #3
LakerMania

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
We talked about this in another thread.....

http://dallas-mavs.com/forums/messag...threadid=10363

Gotcha, my apologies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Shaq
Old 07-01-2003, 06:53 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I hope raptors are stupid enough to trade bosh for a proven veteran Avery Johnson. Just kidding.

Carter has to shut up until he proves something on the court. All he has achieved is winning Slam Dunk championship.

Old 07-01-2003, 07:59 PM   #5
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Carter wants team to trade Bosh

with some pretty good slam dunks, might i add!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:21 PM   #6
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Didn't espn or nba.com once have a poll to see who's the most overrated player in the league and carter is the leading voter?
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:25 PM   #7
Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

he would not be so over-rated if he would just shut his mouth and drive it to the hole every single time in stead of jacking up threes (and i think a lot of players sometimes have this problem)
Old 07-01-2003, 08:26 PM   #8
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

dnnf- carter was probably at least up there on the list.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:40 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

What a crybaby. Typical posturing to try and make himself look like some sort of intense competitor when the truth is he's a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenie. Weenie Vince. His agent probably told him to say it.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:05 PM   #10
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

sure trade bosh for AJ.

a rookie for a vet with over 10 years of experience in line to be the next head coach!!!!

lets the trading frenzy begin!!!
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:43 AM   #11
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Carter couldn't even convince his own cousin to stay in toronto, what makes him think any veteran that can have an impact will want to go there?
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:57 PM   #12
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Great Move by Vince....dis your newest teammate before he even gets his bags unpacked...what an ass. Can you imagine Fin or Nash or Dirk doing the same thing to Howard...not in your wildest !!!

Vince will NEVER be a winner !!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:01 PM   #13
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Raef is a veteran.........Can we ship them Raef for Bosh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:09 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Bosh said he wants to come back to Dallas and be traded for Raef and AJ. I love Carter but he has no reason talk about a teammate because it's been a couple of seasons since ive seen Carter play. It seems like he is always hurt when its time to play the Mavs. If I trade Bosh its for a All Star pg preferiebly in the East. I'd love to see a tandem of Carter and Baron Davis. They both are talented but have the same weaknesses. THey never show up in the playoffs.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:14 PM   #15
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Great Move by Vince....dis your newest teammate before he even gets his bags unpacked...what an ass. Can you imagine Fin or Nash or Dirk doing the same thing to Howard...not in your wildest !!!

Vince will NEVER be a winner !!

that's why i love fin, nash, and dirk. they wouldn't pull some dumbass move like this, at least not in public.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:31 PM   #16
LakerMania

Quote:
Originally posted by: DNNF
Didn't espn or nba.com once have a poll to see who's the most overrated player in the league and carter is the leading voter?

I think it he was the leading vote getter for overrated players, not just in the league, but in ALL of sports. Antoine Walker was like #7.

Shaq
Old 07-02-2003, 01:54 PM   #17
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Well... he caught the foul ball in the ESPN commercial.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:57 PM   #18
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

what espn commercial?
Old 07-02-2003, 02:06 PM   #19
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
what espn commercial?
Carter appeared in a commercial aired on ESPN. You can watch it during commercial time on ESPN or ESPN2. It isn't as pathetic as the "Dr. Funk" commercial but still a little cheesy.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #20
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

awww i really liked the dr. funk commercial! i will watch out for the new one.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:28 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a series of those stupid computer altered commercials. For instance, they had Terrell Owens catching Barry Bonds homer in the water. They are neat at first but are really kind of stupid.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:11 PM   #22
Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

i am not sure why they didn't have vince getting hit in the face with a puck at a maple leaf's game. that would have been more entertaining.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:39 PM   #23
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

i haven't seen them yet...i guess i haven't watched much tv lately. i will look for them.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:02 PM   #24
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Vince Carter = loser. Bosh seems like a great kid. I would never go to my principal (I'm a teacher) and say to him, "You should not have hired that new teacher fresh out of college. You should hire someone with years of experience. We need test scores to go up today, not in a few years". I wouldn't do this because 1) I don't think so highly of myself to think that someone new is unable to bring something great to the table, and 2) because I am smart enough to know that the principal is in charge of hiring, not me. Carter should shut his piehole and worry about HIS game. L-O-S-E-R.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 12:55 AM   #25
EVAN

EVAN is on a distinguished road

hehehe they need to trade him instead hahahahaha that would be funny! I would be LMFAO all week long!
EVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 04:34 AM   #26
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

that would be great if bosh came out and said, "we need to trade vince. we need more young talent, not aging, injury-prone, overpaid dumbasses."