Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-20-2003, 12:00 PM   #1
Mav_Man1

Mav_Man1 is on a distinguished road

Took them long enough. With the talent on taht team
I don't understand why they don't win more games.
Do yoy think Donnie might be a canidate? I hope not.
Dell Harris I don't want to see him leave either.

Since the cavs did not fire him earlier, I got the
impression being if first place in the LeBron
sweepstakes.

Randy
Mav_Man1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Donnie isn't going anywhere.

Looks like we will be seeing Lucas at some Baylor games. His son is our starting PG.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 12:10 PM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

What's with Little Whistle?

Is he even on a coaching track anymore? Or has he gone the more secure route of the NBA exec/International scouting guru?

Kinda have to wonder why the Cavs ditched Luke at this point--I mean, sure his record alone justifies a pink slip, but they knew that going in, didn't they? Why not let him play out the string, pack up losses in the LeBron derby? What can Keith Smart (rumored to be the successor) do that Luke can't? What can any new coach start doing at this point that could wait?

Weird.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 12:21 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure other teams would be interested in little Nellie, but I just don't see the Mavsletting him go...that's all I meant.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:44 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< What's with Little Whistle?

Is he even on a coaching track anymore? Or has he gone the more secure route of the NBA exec/International scouting guru?
>>

I honestly don't know. An executive position is a safer and more secure position since rarely does a coach last more than a handful of years.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:41 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Thought the whole point was for them to suck this year. I expect Gentry to be the next coach gone.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:42 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

BTW, Mav Man what talent are you referring to? Ricky Davis? Talent. Dajuan Wagner? Future talent. Darius Miles? Future talent. Goes down hill from there.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:55 AM   #8
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Why does everyone just assume that the worst record means that they lock up LBJ. Even if he is the 2nd coming of MJ it does not mean that u get him. Just seems like a big gamble to try and get the worst record, especially when u are trying to make money off of ticket sales. The only team that I can see wanting to do this is the clippers, thats what there fans expect.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 01:05 AM   #9
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Kinda have to wonder why the Cavs ditched Luke at this point

-- For his own physical safety. Either Ricky D., DMiles, THill or the Cle fans were going to do a Sprewell on him any day now. Objectively speaking, the guy had an &quot;enemies list&quot; that would put Richard Nixon to shame.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:50 AM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Why does everyone just assume that the worst record means that they lock up LBJ. Even if he is the 2nd coming of MJ it does not mean that u get him. Just seems like a big gamble to try and get the worst record, especially when u are trying to make money off of ticket sales. The only team that I can see wanting to do this is the clippers, thats what there fans expect. >>

Yeah its not how many games you win but how many pairs of lips you can sugically attach to David Stern's ass that will get you the pick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 08:52 AM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< Kinda have to wonder why the Cavs ditched Luke at this point

-- For his own physical safety. Either Ricky D., DMiles, THill or the Cle fans were going to do a Sprewell on him any day now. Objectively speaking, the guy had an &quot;enemies list&quot; that would put Richard Nixon to shame.
>>

Fratello squeaked out some observation last night that Lucas had been directed to develop young talent and had a lot of confused vets sitting on his bench wondering why they weren't playing.

I just wonder how Smart (or anyone) is going to be able to address this situation more constructively.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote