Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congress finally made it into single digit poll numbers!

3%?? 3% Good grief, how do you poll 3% on anything.
I guess you can't get negative, but possibly it could be the first political party to get 0?

Pretty interesting choice of titles too isn't it? So the news is that 54% lack confidence in dubya or 97% lack confidence in congress?

Hmm...surprised Janett didn't post this one?

http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1343
Quote:
UPI/Zogby Poll: 54% Lack Confidence in Bush's Ability As Commander in Chief

Survey shows just 3% of Americans approve of how Congress is handling the war in Iraq; 24% say the same for the President

A majority of American adults (54%) lack confidence in President Bush’s ability as Commander in Chief of the U.S. military, a new UPI/Zogby Interactive poll shows. A majority (60%) said they do not trust the president’s judgment when it comes to the war, while 38% say they have faith in his military decisions.

Just 24% give the president favorable ratings of his performance in handling the war in Iraq, but confidence in Congress is significantly worse – only 3% give Congress positive marks for how it has handled the war. This lack of confidence in Congress cuts across all ideologies. Democrats – some of whom had hoped the now Democrat-led Congress would bring an end to the war in Iraq – expressed overwhelming displeasure with how Congress has handled the war, with 94% giving Congress a negative rating in its handling specifically of that issue.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-03-2007 at 07:53 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2007, 05:48 AM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

this isn't good news for either political party, nor is it good for the nation imho.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
this isn't good news for either political party, nor is it good for the nation imho.
Agreed...however I expect it if was dubya in the 3% poll range, that we'd see it lead on every newscast I expect. Haven't seen this one blared that much. Hmmm...

But...this IMO is a pretty direct reflection on how the country thinks the dems are doing as leaders of congress. In only about half a session, they've managed to alienate just about the entire country. 97% is a pretty dang high number.

I don't give them marks that high, they've been doing nothing but trying to get perp-walks and surrender since they've been in office. Nor have they done much of anything that they promised on the side of ethical behaviour.

Plus one of their head dudes (Murtha) is now earmark champion, it takes a very dedicated effort to beat Robert Byrd out, that's for sure.

Then we hear the crap out of Schumer that he.....well.....just doesn't think that a republicans judicial nominees even need to be considered.

PLUS---- We find out that the dems decided to gavel a vote, re-open it and change that vote because they lost. Yea....honesty in guvment, they name is democrat.

UPDATE: Congress has been forced to create a special bi-partisan committee to investigate themselves. It's actually getting pretty hilarious. They've been issuing subpoenas they know won't be respected, investigating everything under the sun...Might as well investigate themselves. Quite rich..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080300878.html
Quote:
The House last night unanimously agreed to create a special select committee, with subpoena powers, to investigate Republican allegations that Democratic leaders had stolen a victory from the House GOP on a parliamentary vote late Thursday night.

While Democratic leaders hoped to leave for their August recess on a wave of legislative successes, the House instead slowed to an acrimonious crawl that threatened to stretch the legislative session into next week.

The agreement to form a special committee was extraordinary. Such powerful investigative committees are usually reserved for issues such as the Watergate scandal and the funneling of profits from Iranian arms sales to the Nicaraguan contras in the 1980s.

"I don't know when something like this has happened before," said House deputy historian Fred W. Beuttler. He called the decision "incredible."
UPDATE: This sounds like what happened, the dems were trying to beat the clock and their gavel-keeper was a little too fast on the switch. Instant replay showed him to have gaveled a republican win. So the republicans should insist on keeping the gaveled vote, nothing else will do.

Quote:
McNulty had his eyes on the electronic scoreboard, which still read 214-214. But almost as soon as the gavel came down, the scoreboard registered Mario Diaz-Balart’s vote, pushing the tally to 215-213. The scoreboard showed those numbers and the word “FINAL.”
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-04-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #4
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

The funny thing will be the congress and senate will be liked by 3% and guess who is going to pick up seats the next election in the senate and house? It is the Democrats. When guys like John Sununu is thrown out, Ted Stevens, and more this starts hitting on the front door step.

W has cost the Republicans last election and now he has cost them the next election, plus you are going to have a Democrat president. You better get ready for alot of basketball, soccer, hockey because you are not going to enjoy polictics dude, your party is going down hard next election. This is the facts, no matter which way you spin it and remember who told you this.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
The funny thing will be the congress and senate will be liked by 3% and guess who is going to pick up seats the next election in the senate and house? It is the Democrats. When guys like John Sununu is thrown out, Ted Stevens, and more this starts hitting on the front door step.

W has cost the Republicans last election and now he has cost them the next election, plus you are going to have a Democrat president. You better get ready for alot of basketball, soccer, hockey because you are not going to enjoy polictics dude, your party is going down hard next election. This is the facts, no matter which way you spin it and remember who told you this.
As I have said many,many times before. It's tough for a politician to stand by their convictions in these the 00's, I have not problem with where dubya' will wind up to be honest. I personally will be just fine politically Janett... Our country will suffer if more dems are elected, but I'll be fine.

I really wouldn't count your chickens quite so early either, Nov. 08 is a pretty long way away, look what screw-ups the dems have been in 7 short months.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

It is easy to screw up on either party but the American people are mad at the congress and senate because they want the war stopped. You can't just snap your fingers and say it is now stopped. It will take some time no matter who runs the country.

The good thing for all political parties, besides the Republicans, as long as Bushie/Chains is in office, Republicans lose more seats. No matter if they are a good, bad Repub or Dem, Republicans lose seats simply because of Bushie/Chains. The country does not approve of them. Most of them do not understand, yes Bushie will go down as the worst president ever and alot worse than Nixon but it was his Republican led congress and senate that also helped to pass ever bill that came down the line to get us in the mess we are in.

I think the American public is waking up as they threw out alot of Repubicans and will in the next election. When the republicans lose guys like Sununu, Allen, Stevens and more this is hitting hard. Richard Luger has saved his job and he is a good Republican man and he has stood up for right and he doesn't mind saying what is bad, even when he calls out Bushie and Chains. Ron Paul is another and they have bigger and better things comming but ones that have been yes men and push overs, they are leaving next election also.

Alot of the public thought, if we elect differ senate and congress, we will be out of Iraq next month. It just can't happen that fast and they will take heat as long as they don't push to get us out but that is minor(in means of the next election) comparred on the political front of having Bushie/Chains in front of the public. If someone said what party is Mr Bushie and Chains and had no clue of politics, they would vote the opposite of Bushie/Chains. That is how bad this administration is.

This country can't suffer anymore than they have the last 8 years. I know China loves Bushie/Chains. They are one big exporter now and we are in major debt to them as Bushie is making the dollar a thing of the past.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
It is easy to screw up on either party but the American people are mad at the congress and senate because they want the war stopped. You can't just snap your fingers and say it is now stopped. It will take some time no matter who runs the country.
Hmmm...I don't recall the poll that said 97% of the people want the war stopped. Can you provide me a link?

Quote:
The good thing for all political parties, besides the Republicans, as long as Bushie/Chains is in office, Republicans lose more seats. No matter if they are a good, bad Repub or Dem, Republicans lose seats simply because of Bushie/Chains. The country does not approve of them.
As I said, you shouldn't get ahead of yourself. The american people have a pretty good bs detector and there is a bunch of bs going on for the dems right now.

Quote:
Most of them do not understand, yes Bushie will go down as the worst president ever and alot worse than Nixon but it was his Republican led congress and senate that also helped to pass ever bill that came down the line to get us in the mess we are in.
Well we'll have to wait and see how history judges dubya. You liberals are pretty short-sighted in general.

You also engage in a ton of revisionist history. Hmmm...that AUMF passed with how many votes? The democrat congress just approved unwarrented wiretapping by what, 60-??...

Only liberals will stand up and say "we were too dumb to know what we approved" and other liberals buy it. Anything for power.

Quote:
Alot of the public thought, if we elect differ senate and congress, we will be out of Iraq next month. It just can't happen that fast and they will take heat as long as they don't push to get us out but that is minor(in means of the next election) comparred on the political front of having Bushie/Chains in front of the public. If someone said what party is Mr Bushie and Chains and had no clue of politics, they would vote the opposite of Bushie/Chains. That is how bad this administration is.
Spin it how you like, democrat congress on Iraq 3%!!! 3 man, 3 ...we're talking about 3. That's everyone, left, right, moderate, libertarian. That's not to mention 16% in total.

If you are willing to go into an election with numbers of 3% and 16% more power to you. I'll take that contest brotha'.

Quote:
This country can't suffer anymore than they have the last 8 years. I know China loves Bushie/Chains. They are one big exporter now and we are in major debt to them as Bushie is making the dollar a thing of the past.
Now you are just being stupid, absolutely stupid, but I expect that from a democrat. From stiffing columbia to railing about what?

The dollar a thing of the past...good grief... Hmm..what was GDP last quarter 3.5% or so. Idiocy.

So what effect does this dollar "a thing of the past" have? Do you have an opinion that you haven't read on kos-kids?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #8
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

It is getting to the point, all i hear is 3%, taxes, liberals. Come on and preach to us about faith and morals.

I'll see how you spin it when Bushie is gone and a liberal is in power and the liberals will for sure have a majority in the house and senate. If you don't like it dude, take a hike on to Canada or maybe to the middle east where you like so much.

You can enjoy a nice long vacation and come back when a neocon is in power again. Wouldn't it be awful for you dude if Ron Paul was in office or any of the Dems. What would you do for 4 years? Go crawl in a hole? Maybe you can get happy, if Cheney will come out and announce he is running.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:38 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
It is getting to the point, all i hear is 3%, taxes, liberals. Come on and preach to us about faith and morals.
No that's what you hear in rebuttal to your silly posts.

Quote:
I'll see how you spin it when Bushie is gone and a liberal is in power and the liberals will for sure have a majority in the house and senate. If you don't like it dude, take a hike on to Canada or maybe to the middle east where you like so much.
Well I think no matter what dubya is gone. Liberals in power...always too many but again we'll see. As far as taking a hike to "CANADA" why in the world would I do that. I would just continue to support conservative candidates after the dems make a muck of everything, which they will do.

New Dem slogan? "America, love it liberal or leave it?". Funny.

Quote:
You can enjoy a nice long vacation and come back when a neocon is in power again. Wouldn't it be awful for you dude if Ron Paul was in office or any of the Dems. What would you do for 4 years? Go crawl in a hole? Maybe you can get happy, if Cheney will come out and announce he is running.
Always interesting how you dems claim no responsiblity for anything but want as much power as possible to make all of our decisions for us. When it comes to the big decisions you put your finger up, see which way the polls are blowing and pull the lever.

Then you spend the next 4 years screaming that you were fooled. FOOLS yes, but fooled no.

What I will do for 4 years if the dems get the white house is watch everyone's taxes go up, the economy tank and us piss off our allies. Then I'll get to listen to the dems kowtow to Michael Moore and the KosKids. Don't worry, folks will come to their senses. Sometimes children need to see the consequences of their actions.

Last edited by dude1394; 08-07-2007 at 10:11 PM.