Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-14-2001, 09:33 AM   #1
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

Anyone else notice that Bradley managed to keep his mouth shut for the majority of the game last night, and then it actually payed off toward the end. He had a couple of calls that went his way (charge on Marbury). I'm the first to complain about his never ending whining, so when it goes the other way I thought I should say something.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2001, 09:51 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I've noticed that too. The last 3 games infact. And it looks like he's taking that anger he has at the ref's and taking it out on the other team. I love it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:22 AM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with both of you. Bradley is doing a fine job, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he plays like this in the playoffs.
Old 03-14-2001, 02:23 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley is peaking right now. If his confidence stays up, and he can channel his anger against the other team, then he will be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs... Bradley has been pushed around and ridiculed for so long, that I really think he plays with more of a fire than most players in the NBA. I think he resents the refs as much as he does, because he probably feels that they let other physical players knock him around early in his career, and they used to never give him the benefit of the doubt when he challenged shots... Now that his abilities and experience are coming together, he is really starting to reach the heights of his potential... I have been saying this for a long time, and have caught a lot of flak for saying it, but I will say it again... Bradley has playoff heroics in his future ... There will be playoff games in the coming years that he will win through his rebounding, shot-blocking, and intimidation... The rest of the country will then realize what Mavericks' fans are now being forced to concede- that Bradley is becoming a great player.
]
Old 03-14-2001, 02:27 PM   #5
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

For every time that Derek Anderson or Mo Taylor or Darius Miles scored a flashy dunk on Bradley, there is a time when Bradley stopped Tracy McGrady in mid-dunk and left him on the hardwood, or when he gave Tim Duncan leeway to drive on him and then ripped the ball out of his hands in mid-air, or a thousands times when he left a charging little man hurting on the ground and he stopped for a moment to glare at his victim before charging back down the court... Bradley has a killer instinct that is starting to assert itself...
Old 03-14-2001, 02:36 PM   #6
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I don't mind that every so often someone will dunk on him. The only thing that bothers me about it is that this little bastards don't respect him that's why they're trying. Very rarely will you see people trying to dunk on Shaq because they fear him. However, I can't blame Bradley for that because it also says a lot about Bradley too. It says that he's challenging these people who are attacking the basket which I PERSONALLY Like. It's just like people said about Ewing. Ewing probably was dunked on more than any other center in the NBA, however he's also the Knicks alltime leading shot blocker too. Also for a good portion of his career he was in the top five every year for blocked shots. So he's an example that it doesn't matter if you're on the wrong side of a poster sometimes. All I know is this, if Bradley continues the way he's going, you're correct, he will be force to be reckoned with inside and THAT'S EXACTLY what the Mavs need!!!
Old 03-14-2001, 08:56 PM   #7

bradley has been impressive for most of the year, but, he has been playing superb basketball for the past few games. No, he won't stay the same rebounding pace that he's been at for the past 4 or 5 games. But, i do think that bradley will give us 4-5 blocks a game, along with 10 boards and 10-12 points the rest of the way out. those are spectacular #'s for almost any center in the NBA. and he's shooting the ball from the field and from the floor this year. give bradley his props, he's came out and performed this year and probably has found himself a permanent home with the Mavs. i welcome him with open arms. the mavs need a guy on the court that will concentrate almost solely on defense and rebounding. they have all of the offensive threats they need (yes, they do need the offensive threats to continue to develop their game). my point, bradley is a perfect fit for this lineup
Old 03-14-2001, 09:04 PM   #8
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

before you comment on the pure genious of the previous post, let me tell you that it was me...i had just forgotten to log in
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 12:09 PM   #9
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Bradley is actually about on par with Tim Duncan as a rebounder (I'm not kidding- compare their per-48 stats)...
Old 03-19-2001, 01:59 AM   #10
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

If he learns consistancy, i might just stand corrected ... lets not hold our breath though
Old 03-19-2001, 02:18 AM   #11
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

once again though, take 48 minute stats and Bradley, and stick them up your ass, cause he will never see 48 minutes of playing time, Booth may be that perfect compliment, we just have to wait and see i suppose.
Old 03-19-2001, 03:10 PM   #12
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

As long as the mantis looks as though he is trying, that is good enough for me. Since his T against the Magic, he looks as though he actually cares when he is out there. No, he's not great, but yes, he is good enough for now.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 06:51 PM   #13
Mavinator
Golden Member

I don't bring out per-48 stats to pretend that he can pull down those numbers if he only played the whole game. I bring them out in order to show you how good a rebounder he is and how great a shotblocker he is... Bradley is a gamechanger and a defensive cornerstone of this franchise, and I'd say some of those early Don Nelson trades are looking better and better all the time...
Old 03-19-2001, 07:11 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

FineCuban, I don't think you need to be throwing around phrases like "you can stick it up your ass" to fellow Mavericks fans who you have BSed with before. This is a friendly conversation on an all-Mavericks fan board, not the shit talking forum at Sportstalk... I talk shit, but I try to do it to other fans of other teams, and I don't do it unless provoked. I don't know if you were telling me or Mavinator to "stick it up your ass", but I don't apppreciate it, and I am sure Mavinator doesn't. I have had good BSing with you before, and I agree with most of what you post, but I think you are out of line employing semi-profane insults in a friendly debate. On the other hand, ff your not trying to cause insult, it's no big deal (Hell- it's not like anything can be a big deal with internet BSing anyway)...
Old 03-19-2001, 07:16 PM   #15
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Anyway, the aquisition of Juwan Howard is the main reason why Bradley has been playing a lot of minutes, and consequently has been playing more lately... Check out a good article on the subject on Dallas.Basketball.com... Our defense has been statistically amazing over the last six games, and the main reason is that we can keep offensively ineffective Bradley on the floor because of the offensive prowess of Howard. It is hard for other teams to focus on our original big three since it has turned into a "big four", so now Bradley can play more minutes without hurting our scoring, while bringing more rebounding, shotblocking, and a defensive safety net so his teammates can gamble more on defense with him lurking in the paint...
Old 03-19-2001, 10:18 PM   #16
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

wasn't meant as an insult at all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] its all good, all long time Mavs fans have my deepest respect, cause we all have to admit, its pretty much sucked for a decade. . .
Old 03-19-2001, 10:18 PM   #17
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

save Tony Dumas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2001, 01:19 PM   #18
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Cool, FineCuban... Do you remember Dumas' old hit and run incident with his Viper? He was drunk and hit someone, sped off and called one of his boys to pick him up where he abandoned his car. He then called the police, but refused to show up at the scene of his abandoned car, or at the police station. The next day he was picked up for hit and run... He was talented as heck, but he just didn't have his head screwed on straight...
Old 03-21-2001, 09:35 AM   #19
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I have a friend that used to have season ticks to the Mavs back in the 3-Js days. He said that after Mavericks games, he would always race down to the Service Bar in lower Greenville immediately after the horn blowed. Every time, Mashburn and Dumas got there first, and had a drink in their hands.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote