Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-20-2001, 10:53 AM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

LAM0015, you've already been warned twice about posting under different usernames. This will be your third and final warning. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by posting as both LAM0015 and IZZO, but cut it out! I've now disabled the IZZO account.

Oh and you may have noticed that Anonymous posting are no longer allowed as well. Just an fyi.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2001, 10:55 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, I'm sorry I had to post this msg here, but you've disabled private msging so I couldn't send you a note.
Old 03-20-2001, 11:10 AM   #3
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

man, come on, there's two of us that share an office. i apologize about the anonymous one, i just forgot to log in, but there's two of us in the same office, let us each have an username
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 11:11 AM   #4
LAM0015
Banned

why should it be that big of a problem?
Old 03-20-2001, 12:15 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

LAM0015, if IZZO is another person, then how come is e-mail address is LAM0015@..com? I don't have a problem with people from the same office accessing the board. But IZZO is clearly not another person. I checked some threads and at one point, both of you had the exact same ip addresses. Once again, unless you guys just happened to swap seats at the same computer at the same moment (using the same dial-up connection), then this is virtually impossible. I'm glad you've started posting here and I don't have a problem with you, but enough with the schizo act! This is your final warning regarding this issue.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:29 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

If for some reason you wish to continue this discussion, please enable your private msging and pm me.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:50 PM   #7
LAM0015
Banned

like i have said, we share the same office. i set up the account for him. it's not that hard to understand.
Old 03-20-2001, 03:47 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

Yes it really isn't too hard to understand.

- you've posted under a different alias before
- IZZO's e-mail address happens to be LAM0015@..com
- you and IZZO share the same ip address

What kind of office has two different people sharing the same computer? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2001, 04:17 PM   #9
Najera1441

Najera1441 is on a distinguished road

When you have a cheap ass boss you might have to share a computer with 1 or 2 people.
Old 03-20-2001, 04:19 PM   #10
Najera1441

This is just a question Backslash, but why can't you have 2 Usernames?
Old 03-20-2001, 04:21 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

Well here's another question: why would you want two usernames? I see no purpose in creating multiple accounts unless it's for troublemaking purposes. I'd like to hear what you all think about this though.
Old 03-20-2001, 04:22 PM   #12
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Also, what kind of company utilizes dial up anymore? It seems to me that most "smart" people would also get their own office. Hell, as lameo has repeatedly pointed out, I'm not very smart, but guess what...I have my own office! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I probably should work more in it, but we'll cross that bridge when I get to it...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 04:25 PM   #13
LAM0015
Banned

i apologize for sharing an office with someone as i train someone.
and, i cannot help that the company i work for uses dial-up. that's not much of a personal shot if that's all you can come up with.
but, i don't see a reason for any more personal shots unless someone gives me a reason to do so
Old 03-20-2001, 04:28 PM   #14
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

it's just fun taking shots at you now cause you shoot back...no hard feelings, I hope. If so, oh well...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 04:52 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

LAM0015 whether or not you share an office is not the case. The fact that a) you've posted under a different name before, and b) IZZO your "co-worker" has an e-mail address that reads LAM0015@..com, casts more than a shodow of a doubt. Don't tell me you guys have to share e-mail addresses as well?
Old 03-20-2001, 05:00 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

"I see no purpose in creating multiple accounts unless it's for troublemaking purposes. I'd like to hear what you all think about this though."

I agree, I think it's stupid to have 2 usernames.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 05:05 PM   #17
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

I'm with ya 100% DJ.....would be nothing but trouble!
Old 03-20-2001, 05:07 PM   #18
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

1 username is all that is needed here at this site. This site is like one big maverick family. We dont need any trouble and we will not tolerate any trouble here. We are here to talk chat and enjoy the thoughts of everyone posting here. Lets keep this board as enjoyable as possible. DJ has worked his ass off to make this site and it will be awesome when done. Lets all do our part in making it easier for him to keep us up and running and not cause any more problems than necessary.
We are not saying that someone cannot sign up, we are just trying to keep everyone with one username to cause less trouble. DJ and I and Im sure many more people here does not want this site to turn into a NBATALK.COM type of board where everyone is trashing each other. That stuff will not be tolerated here. Lets all have fun and root the Mavericks into the playoffs and hope for a nba title.
Thanks,
Moderator, Dallmav
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 05:07 PM   #19
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Right on, djbacklash.... gotta keep the riffraff in line...
Old 03-20-2001, 05:34 PM   #20
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

take your back hand to him DJ
Old 03-20-2001, 05:36 PM   #21
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

ahhh.. I love this site. DJ - you are kick ass! Way to regulate.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 06:30 PM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good job of regulating DJ... I really hate multiple personality posters...
Old 03-21-2001, 05:22 AM   #23
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I will have no clones in this family.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:10 AM   #24
LAM0015
Banned

would you like for the other account to have a separate email address?..that's fine, i apologize. he wanted me to set up an account for him and i didn't know his email address. i'd be more than happy to do this.
anything you need,
Old 03-21-2001, 08:24 AM   #25
djb
Administrator

LAMOO15, if your friend would like to create an account here, then he must do so using his own e-mail address. Furthermore, I still haven't heard an explanation as to why the two of you have made posts one right after another from the same ip address. The only explanation would be that the two of you share the same computer at work and use them at the same time, but that sounds a little far-fetched don't you think?
Old 03-21-2001, 08:25 AM   #26
djb
Administrator

Also, how come you (or IZZO before his acct was disabled) are never logged on to the board?
Old 03-21-2001, 12:03 PM   #27
LAM0015
Banned

no, not really, we work together..we share the same office, until he's completely trained. he's also my future brother-in-law, so we're pretty close friends. i don't see why it's that unbelievable.
Old 03-21-2001, 12:06 PM   #28
LAM0015
Banned

look, it's really not that huge of a deal. he wants a separate account, and i'd like one. if it's a huge deal, then that's ok. we just want to talk mavs, fin, dirk, nash, same as anyone else. it's the best place to post mavs talk that either of us have found, so, if it's cool...we'd like to post here. if not, then we won't.
Old 03-21-2001, 12:07 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

Well now that you finally posted a somewhat believable explanation.. Anyway, if he wants to create an accout here, just make sure he uses his own e-mail addy.
Old 03-21-2001, 12:09 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

Oh and I am glad that you decided to join and post here. I'm not trying to be an ass, but you have to understand my desire to keep things from getting out of order here. That's what differentiates this board from the rest imo.
Old 03-21-2001, 12:17 PM   #31
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

We understand DJ...you da man!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2001, 12:53 PM   #32
LAM0015
Banned

that's the prob...he has no personal email address..(other than work and school. with work, it's against policy for him to use that one..and school, he never checks. so, he used mine)...
Old 03-21-2001, 01:16 PM   #33
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Lam0015,

Yahoo and Hotmail will let you have as many free email accounts as you like. So dont say that he doesnt have a email account. That is lame.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 01:48 PM   #34
LAM0015
Banned

why is it lame to say that he doesn't have an account? that doesn't make any sense..but, it's not worth arguing over.
Old 03-21-2001, 03:11 PM   #35
djb
Administrator

LAM0015, dallmav' right about getting a freebie e-mail address. It's quick and easy. Why doesn't your friend just use his school acct? He'd only have to check it once for verification.
Old 03-21-2001, 04:01 PM   #36
LAM0015
Banned

that's cool, i'm sure he can set up a yahoo account or use his school account or something.
he wants to know if he can use IZZO?
Old 03-21-2001, 04:12 PM   #37
djb
Administrator

After he gets an e-mail account from Yahoo or wherever, have him e-mail me at djbacklash@dallas-mavs.com (just so I can verify the new address). Once I receive a msg, I'll re-activate the old IZZO account. Sound fair?
Old 03-21-2001, 04:34 PM   #38
LAM0015
Banned

yes sir
Old 03-21-2001, 05:06 PM   #39
Najera1441

I love happy endings.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]