Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-20-2001, 08:53 PM   #1
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I wish Coach Dunleavy would play Stacey Augmon over Detlef Schremph. The players like Augmon a lot better and The Plastic Man is a much better player than Det IMO. Rod Strickland is not the problem, it's Detlef.

Also, as you guys know, I'm in Florida so I see that Mavs on TV only twice this year. If you have a tape of this game or the last Blazers-Mavs clash I would realy appreciate it. I missed all the fights in the first meeting.
Old 03-20-2001, 10:19 PM   #2
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

Hales....I'm in FL as well (moved out here last summer). What part of FL do you live in? By the way you have got to get Direct TV...its the only way to go since the Mavs get no repect from the national media. I guess that will come with time.
Old 03-20-2001, 10:28 PM   #3
Hales233
Golden Member

Hoover, I'm actually just down here for school. I'm at Florida State in Tallahassee. I definitely do need Direct TV. Where are you at??
Old 03-21-2001, 07:33 AM   #4
Hoover

Panama City....I didn't think anyone in their right mind left Texas to go to FSU!(just kidding)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2001, 08:55 AM   #5
Hales233
Golden Member

I'm not from Texas, I'm just a Mavs fan. FSU is a good school too, despite it's party reputation. It has one of the top 10 grad biz programs in the country, and a kick-ass law school, too.
Old 03-21-2001, 09:27 AM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Top 10 grad business programs in the country? I don't think so. They didn't even crack the top 50 this year in US News's or Business Week's rankings. http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/bey...ba/gdmbat1.htm

Sorry to bust your bubble.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 09:30 AM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Whoops, didn't make the top 50 law schools either.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/bey...aw/gdlawt1.htm

They do have a pretty good football team though, and some good beer parties.
Old 03-21-2001, 09:49 AM   #8
Hales233
Golden Member

Shut the fu*k up...where the hell did you go to school, Harvard??
Old 03-21-2001, 09:53 AM   #9
Hales233
Golden Member

and madape, sorry to BURST YOUR BUBBLE, but it seems you live in Texas, and I wouldn't say that's the home of the best schools in the country. What'd you get on your SAT's tough guy??

Think next time before you open your stupid mouth.
Old 03-21-2001, 09:53 AM   #10
Hoover

Hales...I was just giving you grief. Yes, they do have a good school....I didn't mean to start anything![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2001, 10:00 AM   #11
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

why does everyone on this board get into pissing contests about who is smarter? DJ, I think you might need to administer a board IQ test soon...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 10:01 AM   #12
Hales233
Golden Member

Hoover, I'm not pissed at you, just Madape. I knew you were joking, but this loser goes out of his way to try and say that FSU is a bad school. He must have a real exciting life to dig up that research.
Old 03-21-2001, 11:18 AM   #13
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not siding with anyone here, but Hales you made the comment that FSU was a Top 10 business school and also top law school. Madape simply posted links showing it wasn't on the list. Nothing to get worked up over. Besides, you're an undergrad Hales, so whether or not FSU is a top grad school shouldn't matter much to you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

SMU's barely in the Top 50 business grad schools (#42), and is ranked 80 in Master of Fine Arts programs. But I could care less b/c I'm going to either Art Insitute Chicago (ranked #1), Art Center College of Design (#10), or Parsons (#35) next year for my Masters. Undergrad education has more to do with the overall college experience and independence factor then it does with getting an education imo. Who here actually uses what they learn in college out in the job market after graduation? FSU and SMU are awesome party schools, perhaps the most important characteristic to most undergrads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 11:49 AM   #14
Hales233
Golden Member

I think it's Top 10 for public schools. Regardless, sorry if I don't worship the US News Rankings.
Old 03-21-2001, 01:34 PM   #15
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

dj, you forgot to mention the most important thing when deciding on a college...beautiful co-eds!! That's why I went to Tech...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 03-21-2001, 01:37 PM   #16
madape
Diamond Member

Hales - No need to get upset at me, I'm just trying to keep people from getting the wrong idea about FSU's graduate program. The U.S.News link was just a good way to refute your claim. I tend to use research, and not to just make stuff up of the top of my head. My school, SMU, may not be Ivy League, but they at least taught us the value of a good reference.
Old 03-21-2001, 01:42 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

When did you go to SMU madape? I graduate in May [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2001, 01:49 PM   #18
Hales233
Golden Member

Madape--I've heard numerous people say what I repeated about FSU, even before I came to school here. We have an excellent reputation in the programs I mentioned, I am curious to hear why you are so eager to tear us down??
Old 03-21-2001, 01:55 PM   #19
The Crippler
Diamond Member

maybe the ape wanted Heupel to win the Heisman instead of Weinke...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2001, 02:11 PM   #20
Hales233
Golden Member

hehe...those OU fans are still bitter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2001, 02:20 PM   #21
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

speaking of beautiful co-ed's..UT was rated (by playboy) as having the best looking female student body...with emphasis on the body
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 02:39 PM   #22
madape
Diamond Member

DJ - I'm currently attending. I'll be getting both my MBA and masters of science in computer engineering next spring.
Old 03-21-2001, 02:39 PM   #23
djb
Administrator

SMU and/or TCU was ranked by Playboy as having the most beautiful coeds a while back I think. Any school whose campus life is ruled by rich-ass frats and sororities has got to have some fine honies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Jerry Jones Jr.'s gf is in a couple of my classes and man does she look good!
Old 03-21-2001, 02:42 PM   #24
djb
Administrator

That's awesome madape! I know a lot of engineering majors but not many grad students. I'm doing the non-technical and non-business route (at SMU..imagine that!), and will graduate with a Creative Advertising in May. Then it's off to grad school for a Masters in New Media/Communications Design (multimedia/web/graphic design and architecture stuff).
Old 03-21-2001, 02:42 PM   #25
madape
Diamond Member

Hales- no reason other than to rile things up a little bit. That and being bitter about the fall SMU's business school rankings this year. Those rankings are a big deal to business schools!
Old 03-21-2001, 02:43 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

Doesn't Cox have a big banner with "SMU Ranked #24" or something hanging in the lobby? heheheh
Old 03-21-2001, 02:46 PM   #27
madape
Diamond Member

Very impressive DJ. I don't know many undergrads, except for the few that are taking graduate level electives with me. Good luck with your graduation. If you've been accepted to the Art Institute of Chicago, then you must be pretty damn good.
Old 03-21-2001, 02:48 PM   #28
madape
Diamond Member

I don't know how old that thing is. I do know we've dropped pretty far in the last couple of years. Cox has a pretty good executive MBA program. Top 10 or something, but thats only for high ranking execs who have been running companies for 10 years or so. One thing Cox does have is a ton of cash and lots of wealthy alumnis.
Old 03-21-2001, 02:55 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

Someone once told me that Cuban taught an MBA night class last year..any idea if this is true? I was thinking that if it were true, then I would've at least heard of it from one of by business major friends.
Old 03-21-2001, 02:58 PM   #30
madape
Diamond Member

I haven't heard anything like that. This Spring, he did provide a lecture for us at reunion. It was on the night we traded for Juwon. I didn't go, but apparently he talked about it before the trade acctually went down (he didn't give specifics).
Old 03-21-2001, 03:05 PM   #31
djb
Administrator

A lecture for the engineering students? A couple of my profs know him and one was supposed to get him to come speak, but he basically said he couldn't unless the Mavs missed the playoffs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2001, 03:33 PM   #32
madape
Diamond Member

No, the MBA students.
Old 03-22-2001, 12:13 AM   #33
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Hales 233 .... Texas has U.T. which has a top 5 law school in the country ... and oh yeah that Ivy league school whats its name .... oh Rice. A&M of coarse has on of the best Ag. programs and the best Vet. school in the nation. Texas isn't too shabby of a college state. BOBBY KNIGHT to TEXAS TECH!!!!!!! hell yeah, givin it to the big 10 right up the ass.
Old 03-22-2001, 12:14 AM   #34
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Hales 233 .... Texas has U.T. which has a top 5 law school in the country ... and oh yeah that Ivy league school whats its name .... oh Rice. A&M of coarse has on of the best Ag. programs and the best Vet. school in the nation. Texas isn't too shabby of a college state. BOBBY KNIGHT to TEXAS TECH!!!!!!! hell yeah, givin it to the big 10 right up the ass.
Old 03-22-2001, 12:14 AM   #35
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Hales 233 .... Texas has U.T. which has a top 5 law school in the country ... and oh yeah that Ivy league school whats its name .... oh Rice. A&M of coarse has on of the best Ag. programs and the best Vet. school in the nation. Texas isn't too shabby of a college state. BOBBY KNIGHT to TEXAS TECH!!!!!!! hell yeah, givin it to the big 10 right up the butt.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:00 AM   #36
madape
Diamond Member

Rice is an excellent undergraduate school. One of the top ten in the country. Unfortunatly, its graduate school is not so great. It generally benefits from its undergrad reputation in what academics call a "halo" effect. I checked out the business school and it is not up to snuff. They have a tiny, underqualified staff compared to U.T. and SMU. Yet they are ranked higher based mostly on the reputation.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:08 AM   #37
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

don't forget UNT...unt is a very good school for ...umm, music
damn, i guess i don't have a point
speaking of UNT....there school radio station used to be K-UNT
hmm...not too bright, ..after awhile, the figured it out and changed it to KNTU ( i think that's what it currently is)
and yes, rice is a very good school....was going there until had some family issues had to take care of
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 10:41 AM   #38
Hales233
Golden Member

i guess i won't bring up public schools...i don't want to make anyone cry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2001, 10:42 AM   #39
Hales233
Golden Member

BTW, did anyone tape the game??
Old 03-22-2001, 10:44 AM   #40
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

UNT!

Hey BBL, isn't that where Outlaw does the games for radio? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote