Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-21-2001, 02:02 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

"Don Nelson said center Calvin Booth will travel with the Mavs and be activated during the road trip that starts Monday in Utah.

Fort Worth Star Telegram

Finally we get to see what he can do.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2001, 02:10 PM   #2
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

well, there's some of the added defense and energy that you would like to see off the bench Rob. If nothing else, he should help out with that.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 02:27 PM   #3
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

hopefully he'll be as good a prospect as advertised
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 02:37 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind if he was just half as good as advertised [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Can't wait to see him play!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 03:43 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

In the words of Don Nelson, he is going to be our "Secret Weapon" in the playoffs...
Old 03-21-2001, 04:03 PM   #6
Tarzan

Tarzan is on a distinguished road

Booth has been activated and Trent has been placed on the IR. I wonder if Gary will ever wear a Mavs uniform again. I doubt it. Here's the link: Link
Old 03-21-2001, 04:06 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Cool, thanks for the link Tarzan.

Incase there's a blowout tonight, I wonder if he would play tonight [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] . I doubt it.

And I've said for a long time now that Trent will not be in Dallas after this season. And I still believe that.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 05:07 PM   #8
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

DB.com seems to think Booth is playing tonight, guys.
Old 03-21-2001, 05:14 PM   #9
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I think we need Trent coming off the bench in the playoffs.

I haven't seen too much of Booth, is he really THAT good?
Old 03-21-2001, 05:17 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw quite a bit of him when he was at Penn State (I watch a lot of Big 10 ball, since I go to IU), and he was an exceptional shot-blocker and a very good rebounder. I haven't seen him play in the NBA, but from what Nelson and the coaching staff are saying (and it is supported by his stats with the Wiz), he is going to be an impact player... Supposedly, the Howard deal would not have gone down without Booths' inclusion...
Old 03-22-2001, 04:37 AM   #11
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Oops wrong window- wrong thread..this is just an edit.... Uh, Booth can block shots. That's always gotta help.