Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-21-2001, 09:32 PM   #1
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

STEVE NASH has been all but held out of this game because he was BEATDOWN last night by Portland. We are going with alot of Eisley because of the way Steve plays. Once again we have a guy in SAM MITCHELL have a career night. We are suffering defensively against other teams Small forwards. For all the points Dirk may get playing SF...he gives them back...We are being stung by WALLY & SAM MITCHELL....last night it was Pippen ..... Our defense will be our downfall in the playoffs....we are kinna like the Rams in football...all the scoring & we cant stop people when it counts....too many open looks....Im a firm-believer that NBA players should be able to knock down open shots.. & thats exactly what the Timberwolves are doing.......Btw,how long before Mad Max signing can be considered a bust ???? I mean my eyesights says he isnt adding anything to the equation...Or should we still give him more time......I cant remember who said it but maybe we should have considered Felipe Lopez as our 5th guard....when he was available.....maybe even consider TODD DAY.. he's out there too. This loss just sucks....because we went into a hostile territory & came out looking like chumps.....I think that keeping Nash as a part of the Big 3 "untouchables" is a mistake....he's missed almost 10 games or more this year....Vancouver wanted Steve but we werent even listening......the notion that Dirk/Steve are a combo like Stockton/Malone is cool....but Steve is going to have to hit the weightroom like Stockton....get his body together...so he can become reliable....
Old 03-21-2001, 09:37 PM   #2
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Mad Max is killing us. He said he needed a couple of weeks to get back into shape. But he was only out of work a couple of months. He's had 10 games now and he is playing terrible. The other team dares him to take the 3-pointer because he can't make it. Cut him and give the minutes to someone >ANYONE< else.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 04:27 AM   #3
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I say we sign Khalid El-Amin, and cut Mad Max...
Old 03-22-2001, 07:13 AM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

If we sign anyone now, it is too late for them to make our playoff roster. Mad Max will have to do. We can sign El-Amin for next year, but I think we'll be able to find someone better: i.e. Erik Strickland or Mitch Richmond.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote