Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Sad, Poor Americans Finally Give Up On Republicans, God

http://wonkette.com//politics/dept%2...are-a-dime%3F/

A shocking new study by the Pew Research Center proves that Americans overwhelmingly identify themselves as Democrats today — 50% compared to 35% who say they’re Republicans. And they’re increasingly weary of religion, religious conservatives, stagnant and shrinking wages, income inequality and the sad toil of their miserable lives.

Just as beaten Depression-era voters would vote for anybody who wasn’t a Republican and specifically not Herbert Hoover, today’s ruined citizens have a vague notion that things might not be as bad with a Democrat in the White House. Still, voters don’t like Dems a whole lot more than they like the GOP: 54% approve of the do-nothing Democrats, while a deluded 41% still stand by Republicans.

What is striking is how far Americans have retreated from religion, “culture wars” and military worship, with big declines in support for all those social-conservative positions. Only 61% have faith that their God exists today, down 11% compared to the mid-1990s, while only 45% bother saying prayers today — down 6% just since 2003. Less than half trust the U.S. military to keep them safe. Once popular controversies about gay teachers and “family values” have also plummeted in importance.

Why? Because most people are now either poor or terrified of the poor rising up and killing anyone who appears to be wealthy — 44% of Americans now say they “don’t have enough money to make ends meet,” up from just 35% in 2002. And 73% agree that “today it’s really true that the rich just get richer while the poor get poorer.” Poor people have always believed this, but in the past few years the number of affluent Americans who believe this has rapidly risen, according to the Pew study.

Meanwhile, support for government relief for the rapidly growing mass of poor people has risen 12% since the mid ’90s, to 69%.

Just over a third of Americans, 34%, agree that “most elected officials care what people like me think” — which is 10% less than in 2002 and, also, untrue.

But there is good news, too: Young people, who are apparently the future of this country, are quickly abandoning religion altogether, with 19% of those born after 1977 identifying themselves as agnostic, atheist or otherwise non-religious. They also have a little more confidence in the government, because they’re even stupider than their parents. Also, they are the least likely to vote, so it doesn’t really matter what they believe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dude, what is scarry for the republican party, is what a spin off neocons has done to them. Again a neocon, is not all republicans and even George Herbert Bush feared the neocons. They are more radical and bully there way thru. Even W was not this way when he first came in but he was a puppet on a string and now he has went to the extreme with Ramsfield and Chains.

Now it is talks of Rove resigning and going to Fred Thompson. This can be viewed two way's, that Rove can be a genious and get anyone elected and he has. Let's give him the credit here as he got W elected twice. Can Rove tell Thompson to not answer anything but walk out and shoot off one liners, God Bless America, Mission Acomplished, and vote for me because i am the faith and morals man and everyone else isn't?

In that above poll, it shows dude, the one liners and the faith and morals won't win it on that alone anymore, trying to hoodoo people to think you are the only christian and the only moral man.

The next pres will have to be able to debate, talk, answer questions, and answer for their past? No matter if it is Hills, Fred, Obama, or Rudy. I feel it will not be a free ride. The public is disgusted and they want answers and the truth. No more lies. Now if the Dem or Repub get's caught up in lies and trying to hoodoo the public, then i feel it can cost them.

Pat Robertson, Haggard, Fox News knows and sees Rudy won't beat Hills and Robetson knows people will question him, why are you endorsing a Catholic Pat? They feel if they can get Thompson in and portray him as the faith and morals man then he can beat Hills. Trust me, it is alot of Dirt on Freddy.

But also the public is seeing, that alot of this is hoodoo. Some portray religion and the faith and morals but now the public is seeing Haggard, Robertson, and many candidates on both sides for what they are. To better themself and tell you anything and trying to make you believe it.

The day of one liners in the next election is over. I see where the public is down bad on faith and morals and religion and i understand them disgusted but i feel it is important to keep your faith and morals. Just do not let other's tell you what religion to be, what party to vote for but make up your own mind. If you have religious beliefs or not, still make up your own mind. This is where Haggard and Pat Robertson is starting to hurt the party, where they use to help.

It also shows you the public is disgusted with politics as the Dems are not ratted much higher.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links