Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-29-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future
Default A.I. to Atlanta?

Inside Dish: A.I. could be heading to Atlanta
By Dave D'Alessandro - SportingNews

If this doesn't sound like a prelude to an Allen Iverson deal, what would? "What I want to do is change the culture," 76ers boss Billy King says. "I want to change the culture in how we approach everything we do--on and off the court." The latest rumor involves A.I. to the Hawks. . . .

Speculation that Michael Jordan would jump in as the Bobcats' new CEO was quickly kiboshed by a source close to owner Bob Johnson, the Charlotte Observer reported. That job became open last week when Ed Tapscott suddenly resigned after essentially building the franchise and its magnificent arena from the ground up. Jordan wouldn't want the job, anyway: Many of the gains the Bobs made in their first two years of existence are likely to be lost because there is no one left in the organization who can convince Johnson to invest in the product in an indifferent NBA market. . . .

Celtics SF Paul Pierce escaped the surgeon's knife recently. He was expected to get cut to relieve the bursitis in his left elbow, which had to be drained a few times during the regular season. But the problem disappeared after a month of rest, team boss Danny Ainge says. Teammate C Kendrick Perkins isn't so lucky: He's undergoing surgery to repair his left shoulder, which he dislocated last week for the second time since February. . . .

SF LeBron James made it clear in the aftermath of the Cavs' playoff elimination that he is ready and willing to sign a contract extension with Cleveland. So come July 1, he and the Cavs will agree to a five-year deal worth between $75 and $80 million. Heat SG Dwyane Wade, Raptors F/C Chris Bosh and Nuggets SF Carmelo Anthony also will max out that day. . . .

The Clippers face a tough decision with PG Sam Cassell, who wants a two-year deal with a raise from his current $6.1 million salary. That's a lot to pay for a 36-year-old who might be a sub next year if Shaun Livingston continues to develop. Of course, given what he meant to L.A.'s resurgence, Sam deserves it. . . .

So far, the Kings have confined their coaching search to the Golden State alumni club. Joe and Gavin Maloof have interviewed Mario Elie and Eric Musselman for their coaching position, with P.J. Carlesimo on deck. But the guy they probably want is John Whisenant, the reigning Coach of the Year with the WNBA's Monarchs. Whisenant helped bring the Maloofs' dad into the NBA business by assisting George Maloof when he bought the Rockets in 1979. . . .

Reports out of Cleveland indicate C Zydrunas Ilgauskas is on the block, but with his prime already past and $42 million due him over the next four years, that will be a tough sell.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

From Dave "Kitchen Sink" D'alessandro.

He usually has pretty good info, however.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, I thought I'd post it cuz it was an interesting rumor that I hadn't heard before. I doubt A.I. would want to go to such a bad team.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

this AI thing...just rumer right?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Yeah, I thought I'd post it cuz it was an interesting rumor that I hadn't heard before. I doubt A.I. would want to go to such a bad team.
Actually, it might not matter if he wants to or not. He's got 3 years left on a HUGE contract. By the time he's done, he's not likely to be getting another max deal.

Atlanta MIGHT be a good situation for him---they're trying to generate excitement in a team, and while he's not a winner, he is exciting.

He probably would help them improve from bad to mediocre, and they'd be more entertaining. And their real talent would be maturing, just as he's hitting the end of his contract/retirement.

It's plausible, at least.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 05-29-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Atlanta would be the end of AI

not that I mind.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-29-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yeah, it's just a rumor, and it would make Atlanta more entertaining.

Most players coming to the end of their careers want to go to a contender.

What about like the T-wolves or Sonics? Those are teams that just need a PG/scorer to make it to the playoffs. I don't see him going to Atlanta though.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
Most players coming to the end of their careers want to go to a contender.
True, the problem is that very few contenders are going to want a player like Iverson, and/or very few contenders would want to give up key players for an Iverson. He has a very 'introverting' effect on teams--other players have to sacrifice their games to make him better rather than him improving other players' games.

I don't see him on a contender from here on out.

He and Marbury are two peas in a pod.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
He and Marbury are two peas in a pod.
well said.