Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #241
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I think 'toine has had way too many potatoes lately.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #242
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
Show some examples.

And by the way, this is the only place where someone has said that I'm immature. At the other sports forums I belong to, people think I'm an adult until they look at my age. I post the exact same everywhere, so I think it's just you saying that. Well, I know it's just you.

And1 comments:
I was reading in a football forum the other day and you were like fail this and fail that and someone called you a teenage tool? Am I wrong? Should I post a link?

Are you serious? Who are you to say anything? You were in the red for the longest. Maybe you should learn to be a guest in someone else's house? The reason why I said "it's official now" is because some were thinking the deal could still fall through because it really wasn't "official" yet. The deal had to wait for over two weeks before that happened. What's wrong with posting an update huh? It isn't like I'm spamming this place or being rude to anybody. I'm mostly in the Everything Else section anyway. I'm mostly here because I live in DFW and sort of like the community here (sometimes, like no, some people flip out on me for no reason). Go back to my earlier posts here and now. You don't see the change?

And1 comments:
So b/c I had neg. rep, I can't post my opinion? Anywho, you can justify it all you want all I'm saying is think about HOW YOU WOULD FEEL---if a fan from another team came on your board talking about a coveted player they missed out on?
Btw, I find it odd that you're a rocket fan and you don't think Yao is the best Center in the league Just saying

Ok, so I gots no problems with you kid, so don't take any of this personal..k.

Hardly.

Last edited by And1; 08-18-2008 at 10:23 PM.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #243
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Nope, I'm putting this back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
And1 comments: I was reading in a football forum the other day and you were like fail this and fail that and someone called you a teenage tool? Am I wrong? Should I post a link?
That's TexansTalk. I know the people over there. We go to games, training camp, etc. The reason why I said "fail" and "more fail" is because the guy revived threads that were over a year old and about the same player. We already had a lengthy thread going. I wasn't the only one who said that. He was also Tmac&Luther at SpursTalk, and I post there sometimes, too. I think we made of his name or something in that most hated Rockets fan thread. He was holding a grudge.

But, I'll link the threads for you.

The first one: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...437#post974437

The second one: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...t=38226&page=3

Most Hated Rocket fan thread: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103041

Quote:
And1 comments: So b/c I had neg. rep, I can't post my opinion? Anywho, you can justify it all you want all I'm saying is think about HOW YOU WOULD FEEL---if a fan from another team came on your board talking about a coveted player they missed out on?
Btw, I find it odd that you're a rocket fan and you don't think Yao is the best Center in the league Just saying
And you're Tmac&Luther aren't you? I knew it. I think Yao is the best center, just injuries and such don't keep him in the lineup, so I would put Dwight Howard over him for now. But after I had voted and thought about it, Yao is better than Howard. Completely owns him everytime the we play the Magic. At 100%, Yao is the best center in the league.

And about negative rep, I was talking about being a guest in someone's house (something you brought up). If they respect you, you wouldn't have that right? I didn't say a thing about posting your opinion.

PM me if you want though. Out in the open doesn't look good for this forum (but I was called out, so it doesn't matter).

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-19-2008 at 11:56 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #244
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Can we get a mod to close this thread?

(don't get me wrong - seeing Rockets fans fight each other in a Mavs forum is mildly amusing, but it's also majorly annoying...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #245
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Here, I'll take my post off and PM to And1 (Tmac&Luther at SpursTalk).
Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #246
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This is why I stick to posting on one board.

My teams board.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #247
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that really escalated quickly.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #248
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub
Wow, that really escalated quickly.
Did you throw a trident?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #249
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Dub, I've been meaning to talk to you about that.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #250
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Flaco, where'd you get a hand grenade?

Old 08-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #251
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to find yourself a safehouse.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #252
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Sports are fun.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #253
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

U2's wife is fun too.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #254
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

...yeah it jumped up a notch.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #255
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

Quote:

That's TexansTalk. I know the people over there. We go to games, training camp, etc.
You're able to do this how? You don't live in Houston and you can't even cross the street on your own to get some butter for your pancakes in the middle of the night....
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #256
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

That's TexansTalk. I know the people over there. We go to games, training camp, etc. The reason why I said "fail" and "more fail" is because the guy revived threads that were over a year old and about the same player. We already had a lengthy thread going. I wasn't the only one who said that. He was also Tmac&Luther at SpursTalk, and I post there sometimes, too. I think we made of his name or something in that most hated Rockets fan thread. He was holding a grudge.

But, I'll link the threads for you.

The first one: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...437#post974437

The second one: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...t=38226&page=3

Most Hated Rocket fan thread: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103041

And you're Tmac&Luther aren't you? I knew it. I think Yao is the best center, just injuries and such don't keep him in the lineup, so I would put Dwight Howard over him for now. But after I had voted and thought about it, Yao is better than Howard. Completely owns him everytime the we play the Magic. At 100%, Yao is the best center in the league.

And about negative rep, I was talking about being a guest in someone's house (something you brought up). If they respect you, you wouldn't have that right? I didn't say a thing about posting your opinion.

PM me if you want though. Out in the open doesn't look good for this forum (but I was called out, so it doesn't matter).
thats cool. No problems with me. and v/v.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #257
LonghornDub

What in the hell is going on in this thread? I think Brick killed a guy.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #258
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmac
You're able to do this how? You don't live in Houston and you can't even cross the street on your own to get some butter for your pancakes in the middle of the night....
How? I lived in Houston genius. I just moved to DFW in January 2007. I was down there for training camp in 2008. Also, am going to two games this year. It's really not hard. And about those pancakes, that was a partial joke. Wasn't across the street either, but whatever, I'm not worried about you. Weren't you just flipping out at me because I made that "Pargo in Moscow" thread? You said all I do is get my news from ClutchFans and LD was the first to post it (when it was really SpursTalk hours before).

Where's Rappin' Shaq when you need him?

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-19-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #259
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, I didn't see it...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...dHnAwD93GMF900
Quote:
McGrady says shoulder arthritic, knee slow to heal

By CHRIS DUNCAN – 19 hours ago

HOUSTON (AP) — The Houston Rockets, buzzing about the arrival of Ron Artest, already have injury concerns with Tracy McGrady.

Houston's leading scorer said Monday that his left shoulder is arthritic and will require surgery after this season. He also said his left knee is healing slower than expected from surgery in the spring.

McGrady sprained his shoulder against Sacramento on March 24, and wore padding to protect it for the rest of the season. He had surgery in May to clear loose tissue in his shoulder and knee. He said his knee is "probably 75-80 percent" healthy and will take another two months to fully heal.

McGrady said an MRI revealed the arthritis in his shoulder.

"That's something I've got to deal with again this season," said McGrady, who averaged 21.6 points last season and was selected third-team all-NBA. "My knee should be ready to go by opening night."

McGrady said the shoulder injury was not going to keep him out of practices or games, but added that, "it's going to bother me."

On Tuesday, the Rockets hold their first practice with Artest after picking him up in an August trade with Sacramento. Houston went 55-27 last season, but lost in the first round of the playoffs for the sixth straight year.

Artest adds versatility on both ends — a lockdown defender who can match up with guards or forwards and a multidimensional scorer who should take some of the offensive burden off McGrady and Yao Ming.

Artest averaged 20.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.5 assists last season, but he's still known as much for his unpredictable behavior as his basketball skills. He'll never shed the notoriety as the central figure in the November 2004 brawl with fans at The Palace of Auburn Hills and he feuded with Kings management this summer before the Rockets acquired him.

The 28-year-old Artest said Monday that he's matured, on and off the court, and will keep his emotions in check because of the golden opportunity in front of him.

"I'm grateful to be on a team that has a chance to win," he said. "It adds extra motivation, extra 'go-get-it.' I kind of thrive under those situations. I like when I have something to play for. This year, I really do have something to play for."

One of the main attractions in coming to Houston was reuniting with Rick Adelman, who coached Artest for one season in Sacramento. Artest said he's never known a player who didn't get along with Adelman or like his free-flowing offensive system.

Adelman wants to see Artest and McGrady play together, giving the Rockets scoring threats on the wings.

"He gives us a guy, similar to Tracy, in that he can post up smaller people, he can take people off the dribble," Adelman said. "Tracy is a great passer, Ron will be a good passer. That's going to be our main challenge, working those two guys together, and see where they fit with Yao on the floor, too."

McGrady had to handle more of the offensive load when Yao broke his left foot in late February. He's averaged more than 21 points for the last eight seasons, but is 0-7 in playoff series.

In Artest, he may have finally found the perfect offensive complement.

"I know I get criticized a lot for not leading my team out of the playoffs," McGrady said. "It's hard when you don't have those pieces that you need to elevate you to that next level. Now, I have that and we'll see what happens."

Artest can also step into the role Shane Battier played for the Rockets last season, defending the opposing team's top scorer. Artest said he was asked to score more for the Kings last season and that coach Reggie Theus told him to ease up on defense to conserve energy.

"I think I can play a little harder on defense now," he said. "I always wanted to guard the best player. Coach wouldn't let me guard the best player all the time, because I had to score also. This year, I can go all-out on defense. I haven't had that joy in a couple of years."

Artest said he will happily accept whatever role Adelman gives him. He added that the enthusiasm since the trade hasn't worn off.

"This team right here, this team can be unbelievable," he said. "It's been an all-time high and it's kind of stayed there. I'm still excited. I prepared this summer and that's given me enough confidence, knowing I've prepared to have a great season."
No surprises there.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #260
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Absolutely none. McGrady is already pissing me the hell off and the season is a month away.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #261
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It's McGrady...

Contact Me
Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #262
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

^
Quote:
Tracy McGrady had a response for those who question his toughness as a basketball player:
"I'm not a (weakling) or anything like that," McGrady said. "I'm not going to get punked out on the basketball court by any means, I'm not scared."
Comin from Mr. Questionable.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:22 PM   #263
alby
Guru

Didn't McGrady just said he's not scared...?

umm, what?

Contact Me