Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #41
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

1st: Talent doesn't always pan out. In fact, it usually doesn't. I'm sure there was/are/will be hundreds of elite HOF-potential talents who didn't, aren't, won't ever amount to anything for different reasons. That doesn't mean talent is something you need to stay away from. Almost every single HOF player was an elite talent at a young age.

2nd: This kid is a much better prospect than Roddy was, to be honest, and i'm a huge Roddy homer. His ball handling is amazing for his size, he plays PG at 6'9, and he'll be SF in the NBA. Roddy was an average ball-handler, and unfortunately that never really changed. Another thing, it's not like you could nab some surefire franchise player from that draft.

Obviously if we luck out and crack the top 3, we're gonna draft Noel, McLemore, or Zeller, but if we're picking at 10, 11, 12, why wouldn't you go for upside? We need talent badly, we're not one piece away from contending again. You go for upside over a potentially good rotation player, i don't even think it's debatable to be honest, considering our current outlook.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-11-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #42
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

That's a decent blow to a draft already lacking in star potential...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ys-source-says

I do think it is the right move. I think he would be just fine in the NBA next year but he could possibly mold himself and his game to become a number one draft pick. OSU is returning a good amount of players and had another solid recruiting class. They should push KU out of the way for the conference title. If he is able to improve on his scoring abilities and raise his shooting percentage, then he will be dangerous.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #43
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really starting to warm up to Dieng. He is the whole package defensively and is an ideal fit next to Dirk. Good athlete and actually good passer as well which is rare for most centers. Won a national championship and actually contributed big time to that win. Not a great offensive game, but he has a post move or two and can hit the mid ranger jumper. What isn't to like?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #44
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm really starting to warm up to Dieng. He is the whole package defensively and is an ideal fit next to Dirk. Good athlete and actually good passer as well which is rare for most centers. Won a national championship and actually contributed big time to that win. Not a great offensive game, but he has a post move or two and can hit the mid ranger jumper. What isn't to like?
Seen this (maybe just on this board) a couple times. I didn't see much evidence to confirm or disconfirm it in the couple times I saw him play, but if he does in fact have some passing ability - and the court vision/anticipation to go with it - that markedly increases my interest level in him.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Seen this (maybe just on this board) a couple times. I didn't see much evidence to confirm or disconfirm it in the couple times I saw him play, but if he does in fact have some passing ability - and the court vision/anticipation to go with it - that markedly increases my interest level in him.
I mainly noticed it in the championship game. He led the team with six assists in that game to go along with eight points, eight rebounds, three blocks and a steal.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #46
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I would love the pick if it were Dieng. Seems to be he isn't highly loved on the mocks, but keeps creeping up (from late first round). It's not a draft where the Mavs can create much value trading down, but if someone were to offer, you think they might be able to nab Dieng even later than at 13. Either way, I think he will be a "steal" if there is one.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #47
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I mainly noticed it in the championship game. He led the team with six assists in that game to go along with eight points, eight rebounds, three blocks and a steal.
Some very nice passing out of the high post in the Big East Championship against Syracuse as well. Also has increasingly shown an ability to hit the open 10-15ft.jump shot. He seems to put the work into his game to improve and also seems like a good teammate and good team defender. Id be very pleased with Dieng at 13. Especially now that Cauley-Stein and Not-so Smart opted to return to school.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #48
saclare
Platinum Member

The more time goes by, the more intriguied I am at getting Dieng. Unless a good gaurd were to fall in our laps, then I don't see a better fit that fills a need.

Thoughts? Let's keep this thread rolling. Draft is just two months away...
Old 04-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #49
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Geno Smith?

oh crap, wrong draft.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #50
saclare
Platinum Member

Thoughts on Shane Larkin?

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/sto...-declare-draft
Old 06-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #51
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

CUT IT TO 15
Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #52
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Terrific pick n roll PG but the size does really scare me, he had a worse college career than DJ Agustine and is smaller than him.