Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
MavsFanTillDeath

MavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the rough
Default Start rebuild NOW, trade Dirk to Bulls

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=72bl5sk

what do you think of this trade?

dirk will be traded to a contender and mavs get young talent in return.
MavsFanTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
SchumiWDC

SchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to all

No.
SchumiWDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Dirk has a no trade clause.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Are you fu*king nuts? Never trade Dirk, ever. EVER.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanTillDeath View Post

You need to preface your post with something like "if Dirk requests a trade".

As a sports fan, yes I'd like to see Dirk traded. He is one of the most compelling athletes to watch and should be playing on a playoff team with potential not rebuilding. Sure if he stays we'll get to see him hit some daggers against the bobcats in the regular season but what is the point.
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Dirk probably won't request a trade.. but I doubt he would deny one if the team he is going to has a good chance of winning.

I don't like this specific trade, and don't think it would happen either way.. but avoiding the thought of trading dirk to get some long term value out of him is just being stubborn.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

What in the world...? I'm usually very open to conversation, but that trade is just horrible.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
What in the world...? I'm usually very open to conversation, but that trade is just horrible.
worst trade possible
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #9
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I'd do it if you throw in 2 1st round picks.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #10
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
agree.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It's all about picks. High picks. I wouldn't deal with the Bulls unless there was a third team (crappy one) involved.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

You can't be serious? You would trade Dirk for Deng? Are you freaking kidding me? That is not rebuilding, that is just sucking at trading.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #13
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am sure the Front Office is taking Dirk trades and starting all over into consideration. I thought about the Bulls too. A team in the East, which need some upgrade to compete with the Heat. If Cuban goes to Dirk and says, "I am afraid we won't be able to get you the teammates we need to compete for a title in the coming years and we think it's best to built a team from scratch. Here are some trade scenarios that will get you a great chance to compete for a title with another team." I think Dirk will think about it. Now, if you are getting players like Rose, Noah, and Boozer in return, it might even make sense for the Mavs.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #14
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Let him team up with kidd and tyson
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

With this shitty attitude, you´ll never be a contender. With all the glass broken, we must hire some prospects and attack. Nothing else !
Old 07-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #16
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

I know i'll probably get bashed on for this but I'm thinking about what could be best for Dirk. Therefore, I believe he should be traded for Amare:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8y7txd4
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #17
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

these trades suck for the mavs though.
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #18
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbibi View Post
I know i'll probably get bashed on for this but I'm thinking about what could be best for Dirk. Therefore, I believe he should be traded for Amare:

amare is pretty much washed up. guy has no knees
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #19
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbibi View Post

insane!
are you kidding me???
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #20
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Amare!!!!!! Nice try. Why would dirk want to go to play with no defense I need the ball-Melo. He needs to approve the trade. Makes no sense at all. Maybe if they trade Melo also.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #21
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Agree
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #22
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Ewwww, that's just awful.

Time to take the Trade Machine away from the children before they break it.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #23
Sean

Sean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the rough

Anyone who suggest trading Dirk, needs to be strapped down to a gurney and shot up with the ultimate cocktail.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

whoops

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

lawl
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #26
lukasbayern18

lukasbayern18 is on a distinguished road

The Mavs seem to be in the same position as they were last year: not being able to defend their title defense as aptly as they would like to. While I have no enormous issues with the draft, and I think that flipping Zeller for three picks was a good move, I also still get the feeling the the status quo hasn't changed from last year. The Mavs will struggle through the year on Dirk's back, will get a 6-8 seed, and make an early playoff exit in the hopes that all the cap space will result in a Dwight Howard or a James Harden. Although I'd love to see Dirk finish his career with the Mavs, at some point the question does need to be asked: If Cuban can't make any good moves next offseason to support him, is it fair to Dirk to anguish in Dallas for the rest of his career? If the answer is no, then trading Dirk to a contender is most likely in the best interests of both parties, although I don't think that getting Amare or three Bulls is the best option for the Mavs.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

every year there is a terrible thread about trading Dirk. Even 2011-- a few weeks before our championship, we had one.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #28
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Glad this got bumped.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #29
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:

Every time I see a trade Dirk thread or hear an African American mentioning that we should trade him I just feel like that individual is being a racist. They said the same thing about Steve Nash back in the day too. Then he turned into a 2 time MVP in Phoenix.

However, maybe the Mavericks can actually get something nice back in return for his $22.7 million. Damn.. hate seeing those numbers. I'd love to have 1 millionth of that in my bank account right now instead of being in the negative.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 08-21-2013 at 12:18 AM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #30
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Every time I see a trade Dirk thread or hear an African American mentioning that we should trade him I just feel like that individual is being a racist.
wat

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #31
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
wat
I think he meant sexist.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best idea since never