Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #81
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I hope he starts if Harris can't.

I'd be curious to know how many teams have had a Lamar Odom or Rondo fiasco. Carlisle won't survive another one...that is for sure.
The thing about the Odumb fiasco was he never really played a quality minute after he left the Mavs. I don't put that one on Carlisle...you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:43 PM   #82
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

i'd keep amare, monta,tyson and felton(yes felton, dude prove that he can be a good player if called)
Old 04-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #83
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballer View Post
i'd keep amare, monta,tyson and felton(yes felton, dude prove that he can be a good player if called)
And Aminu of course, I dont see a big change of keeping all of them though

Last edited by bilease; 04-22-2015 at 03:51 PM.
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:02 PM   #84
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy

Nothing like the playoffs to slap you with a cold, hard dose of reality. I kept hoping for an uptick in play from Rondo and for an indication that some chemistry was building within the starting lineup. Seeing none of that, I clung to the tiny sliver of hope that the playoffs would rekindle something in Rondo and we would see at least a memory of the "Playoff Rondo" of Celtics' lore. Alas, all the warning signs that I chose to ignore exploded in our collective MFFL faces in Game 2. Bye-bye Rajon, we hardly knew you. Hope that "back injury" will require some "treatment" that will prevent you from attending the rest of the series. We may go down in flames, but at least I can enjoy watching Raymond Felton play his butt off. . . . did I just say "enjoy watching Raymond Felton"??? Oh, the depths to which I have fallen
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:16 PM   #85
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Odom...err Rondo.

What a f***ing train wreck. Jesus.
I'm sure other teams have the same problem but this seems to happen to us often...Odom, Rondo, West, Fisher and some others before the RC era.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #86
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

i'm not on either rondo or carlisle's side but i'm gonna quote rondo after the first dog fight with rc on the lockeroom back in february, "why the fuck did you bring me here?" rc never played the way rondo is used to, he didn't try to adapt the system to make him work, so why did he bring rondo to dallas then?it'd been a better fit dragic than rondo, there are things that i don't like about carlisle his stubbornness is one of them, maybe is time for a complete fresh start.. without rondo.. and without rc

Last edited by ffballer; 04-22-2015 at 04:19 PM.
ffballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #87
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilease View Post
And Aminu of course, I dont see a big change of keeping all of them though
I think it will be either Aminu or Amare and I'd pick Aminu.
We'll probably have to deal Felton for either a backup center or Aminu's replacement.

I still don't see much of a chance for this team to improve next season though while other teams (Kings, Pelicans, Jazz) do.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #88
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

Yeh, I doubt Rondo will be back nest season with Dallas. This is a damn shame, all this talent on this roster, but so much dysfunction going around the locker room. Amare called out the team last month, Rondo and Rick Carlisle seem to be butting heads. I hate this shit.
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #89
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

But really this was inevitable.

Not Rondo in particular but this was going to happen. Too much roster turnover with short term guys to be able to build a chemistry that would withstand a bad apple.

Would we have integrated Kidd successfully with this kind of lockroom? We had a GREAT lockerroom back then that forced players to work towards team goals. Now its every man for himself.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:42 PM   #90
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Harris probable for game 3. Finally some reasonably good news.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #91
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballer View Post
i'm not on either rondo or carlisle's side but i'm gonna quote rondo after the first dog fight with rc on the lockeroom back in february, "why the fuck did you bring me here?" rc never played the way rondo is used to, he didn't try to adapt the system to make him work, so why did he bring rondo to dallas then?it'd been a better fit dragic than rondo, there are things that i don't like about carlisle his stubbornness is one of them, maybe is time for a complete fresh start.. without rondo.. and without rc
Rick deserves some blame in the process too, but in the end Rondo's just a big mofo. That's the risk you take bringing in a loaner. He doesn't lose anything by quitting today, teams will still line up for him in the offseason.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #92
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Oh we still have a stockpile of PG's. We live and die with Felton. But the real hope is if Devin can play. Maybe Monta can finally score!
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #93
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
We live and die with Felton. But the real hope is if Devin can play. Maybe Monta can finally score!
If Felton starts and turns this series around, Ill book the next flight across the atlantic and buy him as many Big Macs as he wants
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #94
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

This proves you need outside shooters to excel in the playoffs. We don't have enough of them.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:07 PM   #95
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

This team without Rondo and Parsons now...I think we can win a game or two in Dallas. But I have a difficult time seeing us winning the series.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 04-22-2015 at 05:07 PM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #96
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Good riddance. I was dead wrong about the Rondo trade.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #97
xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Nah because you will never hear the end of it if the Rockets sweep the Mavs.
I for one don't care.

Not a MAVS fan at all....but IF we win and get trounced next round it doesn't matter.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #98
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Moving forward...
From a financial perspective, I think many on this board have expressed that resigning Rondo, Ellis, Tyson, Amare, and AFA was the best way to go this offseason.
How does this change now that we know Rondo will not be a Maverick next year?
Do we resign everyone else, operate over cap and sign a point guard for the minimum?
Do we let Monta walk and try to sign either a SG or PG with cap space and the other with a minimum?
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #99
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote board from today's presser
http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2015/04/...e-quote-board/
Old 04-22-2015, 06:25 PM   #100
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
now that´s a concern: Rick not expecting Parsons to be ready for TRAINING-CAMP???

I mean, what injury has he? Microfracture or what?

Last edited by Thukydides; 04-22-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #101
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thukydides View Post
now that´s a concern: Rick not expecting Parsons to be ready for TRAINING-CAMP???

I mean, what injury has he? Microfracture or what?
That got corrected.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #102
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

I didn't watch the game last night. First Mavs Playoff game that I haven't watched in the last decade and a half. Didn't watch a single second. I don't know why, but I just didn't feel like making the emotional investment. It sounds like I made the right decision.

Based on what people are saying, it certainly sounds like Rondo didn't work out. I will eat my crow. I wanted him here. What doesn't make sense to me is, that in a contract year, why would he quit on his team like that in the Playoffs? He has some serious mental issues if he's dumb enough to do it. Speaking of dumb enough, I think the Lakers might be the only team out there dumb enough to pay this guy a huge sum of money. If they don't pay him, then his "defiance" against Carlisle is going to cost him millions on his next contract.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 04-22-2015 at 06:41 PM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #103
Samurai

Samurai is on a distinguished road

Completely predictable. No way for Rondo and Ellis to coexist. So Dallas chooses Ellis? Bad move! No way that Dallas can build a championship contender around Ellis. What free agent would want to be on his team? Rondo looks pretty bad now, but I expect that the game's premier pass-first PG would have helped attract free agents.

Last edited by Samurai; 04-23-2015 at 03:28 AM.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #104
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Seems like Carlisle is siding for Monta about this. Which isn't a problem if he really should be our leading scorer. Ready for game 3.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #105
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas/Carlisle didn't choose anything. Rondo did. "As long as the coach is back, Rondo's gone, sources told Yahoo Sports." Who do you think the source is?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #106
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we'll never know what exactly happened between the two other than "it didn't work out". Carlisle does best with consummate professionals and veterans, but has problems with rookies or egos, who aren't able or don't want to follow his strict regime.

Rondo came here expecting to take over the team, that's why they clashed.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #107
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:39 PM   #108
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
more like missing since 2012

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #109
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
I didn't watch the game last night. First Mavs Playoff game that I haven't watched in the last decade and a half. Didn't watch a single second. I don't know why, but I just didn't feel like making the emotional investment. It sounds like I made the right decision.

Based on what people are saying, it certainly sounds like Rondo didn't work out. I will eat my crow. I wanted him here. What doesn't make sense to me is, that in a contract year, why would he quit on his team like that in the Playoffs? He has some serious mental issues if he's dumb enough to do it. Speaking of dumb enough, I think the Lakers might be the only team out there dumb enough to pay this guy a huge sum of money. If they don't pay him, then his "defiance" against Carlisle is going to cost him millions on his next contract.
About the game, first 3 quarters were quite enjoyable. You could see Mavs bringing on playoff intensity which was missing in game 1 in my opinion. No comments about 4th quarter.

I would be surprised if Rondo gets longer than 1 year deal from anyone. His potential suitors should still be Lakers and Kings. Maybe you can throw Rockets in there but I'm not sure how he would fit and if there is any interest for him.

Rondo would doom Kings as Rondo won't help any team to get to the playoffs. They would also have 2 strong characters in Rondo and DMC which could hurt a lot. Lakers have their potential PG who needs to develop and by Kobe's request they may bring Rondo for 1 year deal to see how it goes.

But seriously, I doubt anyone believed that Rondo could make his market value smaller than it was when Mavs got him.

At least now someone can make a thread about who Mavs get for next season to play PG. I doubt Cuban lets Ellis and Chandler go, so it doesn't really matter what opinion we have on this matter. If we can't get any decent defender, then Mo Williams could be an option.

Last edited by Thebo; 04-23-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:45 PM   #110
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
Are you serious?!? You can't give two 2015 second round picks when you have only one.

The rest looks fine.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #111
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Rick deserves some blame in the process too, but in the end Rondo's just a big mofo. That's the risk you take bringing in a loaner. He doesn't lose anything by quitting today, teams will still line up for him in the offseason.
No, he doesn't deserve some of the blame.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:50 PM   #112
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Are you serious?!? You can't give two 2015 second round picks when you have only one.

The rest looks fine.
They absolutely can give two, three, four, or even five second rounders or even first rounders. It happens all the time.

It just didn't happen in this case.

for the record he cost us:

Outgoing
Crowder (QO/UFA)
Wright (UFA)
Nelson (PO or UFA)
2015 1st rounder (1-3 and 15-30 protected-- earliest that could happen is 2016)
2016 second rounder (unprotected)

Incoming
Rondo (UFA, most likely will sign elsewhere. Possibly had max deal all lined up with Lakers before he was even traded if you believe rumors)
Powell (Team option)

It's possible that we could get back every player we traded away (although, why would we) this offseason. It's also almost a lock that Rondo is gone, which means a one-year rental of the American Horror Story: Rondo Edition cost us a 2016 first and second rounder. If we fail to make the playoffs next year, that first-rounder could very well be a lottery pick as high as the 4th overall.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-23-2015 at 03:01 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #113
ffballer

take the time to read this.. http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015...-no-jason-kidd
Old 04-24-2015, 12:53 AM   #114
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Shit Donnie that's some shitty as protection. Top 3? What a clown. Ainge played him like a rube.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:16 AM   #115
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
If we fail to make the playoffs next year, that first-rounder could very well be a lottery pick as high as the 4th overall.
According to RealGM

2016 first round draft pick to Boston
Dallas' 1st round pick to Boston protected for 1-7 in 2016, 1-7 in 2017, 1-7 in 2018, 1-7 in 2019 and 1-7 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [Boston-Dallas, 12/18/2014]

So, the highest would be 8th.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #116
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
According to RealGM

2016 first round draft pick to Boston
Dallas' 1st round pick to Boston protected for 1-7 in 2016, 1-7 in 2017, 1-7 in 2018, 1-7 in 2019 and 1-7 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [Boston-Dallas, 12/18/2014]

So, the highest would be 8th.
I'm not sure that that is correct, though. Stein had different details in his report.

I'd love BG to come confirm what the details of the first look like each year.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #117
butchmcrae

butchmcrae will become famous soon enoughbutchmcrae will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm not sure that that is correct, though. Stein had different details in his report.

I'd love BG to come confirm what the details of the first look like each year.
It's correct. The 1-3 protection was only for the 2015 draft. It's 1-7 protected from 2016-20
butchmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:08 PM   #118
C_Man

C_Man can only hope to improve

These next few years are going to be some dark times my friends.
C_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #119
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
for the record he cost us:

Outgoing
Crowder (QO/UFA)
Wright (UFA)
Nelson (PO or UFA)
2015 1st rounder (1-3 and 15-30 protected-- earliest that could happen is 2016)
2016 second rounder (unprotected)

Incoming
Rondo (UFA, most likely will sign elsewhere. Possibly had max deal all lined up with Lakers before he was even traded if you believe rumors)
Powell (Team option)
I am revising my thinking internally. Rondo cost us a SECOND round pick. We gave up a first for Powell

And considering our pick that we finally give up will probably be a later pick in 2016 I consider it a good deal
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote