Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-28-2015, 03:57 AM   #1
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold
Default GDT: Dallas @ Houston - Game 5 - 7 PM Central

Mavs bring the series back home with a 123-108 win

Game summary:
-JJ 20/10
-Aminu 15/15
-Dirk and Monta with 30 each
-James Harden receives his 2nd technical for a flop and gets ejected in the 3rd quarter

bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2015, 06:08 AM   #2
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

I feel like a lot of Monta Magic is needed if we want to steal this one. Good luck Mavs!
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:09 AM   #3
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I envision the game summary to look like this:

Quote:
In a stunning twist of events, official Zach Zarba whistled a foul against his colleague Tony Brothers when the referee inadvertently blocked the way for James Harden. The situation occurred with 2:34 left in the final quarter and the Rockets down 99-104. The guard was bringing the ball up court while looking at the sidelines to receive play instruction from coach McHale when he crashed into Brothers, who was tying up his shoestrings.

After some irritation the game continued with an out-of-bounds-play, Zarba apologized for the incident and commented later that he saw Harden, who had already shot 18 free throws at that point, stumble from the corner of his eye and felt there had to be some sort of foul involved. The official denied that any bias factored into his decision and said he would make the exact same call again.

Dallas extended the series one more time with the 112-108 victory and both teams are heading back to Dallas for game 6.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win by 3. Dirk and Monta combine for 55 points; JJ and Monta combine for 20 assists; Tyson and Aminu combine for 30 rebounds.

Dwight is a no show because he stays in the locker room to watch Saturday Night Live reruns of the Franz and Hanz's "Pumping up" sketch. In the post-game press conference, Dwight commented, "I have no regrets on missing the game. I get inspired when I hear Franz and Hanz say, "We're going to pump you up". Inspired by Dwight, it is rumored that James Harden may miss game 6 to watch the complete video set of the TV reality show "Whisker Wars".
Old 04-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

As long as there's another game to be played, there's always a nonzero chance the series can be won. That being said, the odds to be overcome are still astronomical, even if we ignore historical data on 3-0 situations since the Mavs aren't in that position anymore.

Only eight teams have come back from being down 3-1 to win, and six of those had the luxury of playing two of the remaining games at home.

Remember, we're still in a 2-7 matchup, a series that has only been won by the #7 seed five times, four of which were in the best-of-five format (try not to dwell on the other one too much).

Moreover, road teams don't often fare well in Game 5 in general, regardless of round or series tally. I don't have that statistic in front of me, but I recall their record is quite poor.

Then again, the Bucks won last night. So who am I kidding, we've obviously got this.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
As long as there's another game to be played, there's always a nonzero chance the series can be won. That being said, the odds to be overcome are still astronomical, even if we ignore historical data on 3-0 situations since the Mavs aren't in that position anymore.

Only eight teams have come back from being down 3-1 to win, and six of those had the luxury of playing two of the remaining games at home.

Remember, we're still in a 2-7 matchup, a series that has only been won by the #7 seed five times, four of which were in the best-of-five format (try not to dwell on the other one too much).

Moreover, road teams don't often fare well in Game 5 in general, regardless of round or series tally. I don't have that statistic in front of me, but I recall their record is quite poor.

Then again, the Bucks won last night. So who am I kidding, we've obviously got this.
NBA game 5 when down 3-1: .280 (road teams win game 5 28% of the time
NBA first round game 5 when down 3-1: .105 (road teams win game 5 10.5% of the time

Still, most of the time one team goes up 3-1, because they are far superior, and not because of a massive chemistry problem that gets resolved. I'd put our odds way higher than 10.5%, A) because basketball isn't played in stats. and B) because we are way better right now than our 3-1 would say, despite losing two starters. Maybe not even odds, but higher than 10.5%

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-28-2015 at 01:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
NBA game 5 when down 3-1: .280 (road teams win game 5 28% of the time
NBA first round game 5 when down 3-1: .105 (road teams win game 5 10.5% of the time

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:04 PM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Still, most of the time one team goes up 3-1, because they are far superior,
It's a sobering fact that even vastly superior teams often fail to win the four straight.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:28 PM   #9
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

He is actually saying, "Tonight, I, James "The Flop" Harden, will burn my own beard after the Rockettes lose Game 5 at home, lose momentum, and eventually go into the record books for being the first NBA team to lose a playoffs series after leading 3-0... oh, and by the way, I suck facial hairballs; that's all; have a pleasant night, and see you in Dallas on Thursday, where the Mavs will tie the series at three games all; well, that's that..., but again, I flop because I am a girly man with a beard, which as I stated previously, will burn after tonight's pathetic loss; OK, God bless you all, and see you next season...".

Mavs - 120
Rockettes - 112
Old 04-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #10
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM View Post

He is actually saying, "Tonight, I, James "The Flop" Harden, will burn my own beard after the Rockettes lose Game 5 at home, lose momentum, and eventually go into the record books for being the first NBA team to lose a playoffs series after leading 3-0... oh, and by the way, I suck facial hairballs; that's all; have a pleasant night, and see you in Dallas on Thursday, where the Mavs will tie the series at three games all; well, that's that..., but again, I flop because I am a girly man with a beard, which as I stated previously, will burn after tonight's pathetic loss; OK, God bless you all, and see you next season...".

Mavs - 120
Rockettes - 112
jasmine harden the bearded princess

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:36 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
It's a sobering fact that even vastly superior teams often fail to win the four straight.
Which is why I don't expect us to win the series with our current roster/injuries. I still expect us to win this one and make it hard for them in game 6.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #12
Romus

Romus is infamous around these partsRomus is infamous around these parts

Tonight we're shaking like a leaf .
Go Mavs Go.
Romus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romus View Post
Tonight we're shaking like a leaf .
Go Mavs Go.
Nah. the Mavs got this. another double digit win.

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #14
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Let's join the bucks and WIN!

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #15
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Team must keep the same mindset like from game 4. No holding back on playing aggressive. Quiet those the arena as quick as possible!
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:24 PM   #16
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

We got this. The Rondo stench is just now beginning to fade and our boys in blue are beginning to remember that basketball can actually be fun! Mavs by double digits.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #17
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
Let's join the bucks and WIN!
Not to look too far ahead, but I do like our chances against the Bucks in the finals.

Realistically though you have to take the playoffs one round at a time, and tonight the Mavs are gong to eviscerate Houston in a manner that leaves no doubt which of these two teams will advance to the WCSF, but has Mavs-games rated R from here on out. Harden and Howard will be last seen cuddling up in the video-room, refusing to leave until Uncle Kev promises that everybody has left and the playoffs are over.
Informed of the severe beating the Mavs put on the Rockettes Silver gives Houston the chance to opt out of their obligation to play games 6&7, which Morey, recognizing their desperate state, grudgingly takes advantage of.

Let's go!!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #18
HopeIsAlwaysThere
Golden Member

HopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of light

GO MAVS! We got this!
HopeIsAlwaysThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #19
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

lol at the empty seats
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #20
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
lol at the empty seats
lol rockets front row COMPLETELY empty

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Old 04-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #21
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Gotta force fouls on Dwight. Get his dirty play self out the court.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk :/
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:19 PM   #23
DNowitzki41mavs

DNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really niceDNowitzki41mavs is just really nice

bad start dirk
Old 04-28-2015, 07:19 PM   #24
yahyes
Banned

Offensive ball movement needs to be passed to Dirk at least once.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #25
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk

Aminu is facing up harden nicely on defense

I like that we're still pushing, but you cant expect Houston to go 7-31 again from 3. Have to play smart when to know to pull it back on offense.

Here we go again on FT...

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-28-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #26
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

We're gonna need Monta magic on full display tonight to win
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #27
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

There should be no excuse ever for Capela to score on us. He's not an NBA player.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Aminu should have a contract printed out right now with a blank amount line.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #29
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

just stupid
Old 04-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #30
yahyes
Banned

Rockets team are that team you just can't stand now of days...
Old 04-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #31
Dnowit41

fuck

Old 04-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We will win this. Just have to keep getting in their head and keep it close.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #33
yahyes
Banned

Man I love Farouq no matter what happens. He stay fightin!!!
Old 04-28-2015, 07:29 PM   #34
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

LETS GO FAROUQ!

*he's getting paid
Old 04-28-2015, 07:29 PM   #35
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Aminu MVP
Old 04-28-2015, 07:29 PM   #36
Dnowit41

PAY AL FAROUQ AMINU

Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 PM   #37
Dirk41legend

Dirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really nice

Aminuuuuu!! Give that man a new contract!
Dirk41legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:31 PM   #38
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Sign Aminu long term at halftime
Old 04-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #39
sefant77
Guru

f off smith
Old 04-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #40
yahyes
Banned

Hack a josh smith you think?