Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2002, 01:49 AM   #1
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

I may have been one of the few that really liked Juwan. I saw a player that would do whatever it took to fit in with the team. He was not as productive as I would have liked. But from an attitude standpoint, you couldn't have asked for a better player.

Tim Hardaway was similar to Juwan but maybe because his career is winding to an end. He still tossed up the shots at an incredible rate, looking like Troy Aikman in the Acme brick commercial sometimes. But he accepted his role with this team.

I have read in posts below how Timbug is unhappy with the trade. I understand his feelings completely. Juwan is probably as unhappy, as well.

Yet I have been a Dallas Mavericks fan since the first season. I have endured Harper's dribbling out the clock when we needed a score to win against the Lakers in the play-offs.

I was there when Donaldson hide the recorder in the lockerroom so he could show the world he was not the problem.

Mark Aquire's non shooting hand injury with 5 minutes left in the Western Conference Finals and he takes himself out.

Roy friggin' Tarpley.

Ewe Blab.

Bill Winnington (sp).

Randy White.

What was the deal with Zachinelli getting pissed at Kidd's agent and Jason gets traded. That's basketball genius. Go back to real estate, Zach.

Aquire flipping off the coach and sitting at the end of the bench, then being trade for...Adrian Dantley!

Fat Lever. Hey, he looked great on that excer-cycle.

Don Carter and his loyalty.

Norm friggin' Sonju.

Any number of players in the 90's that I have forgotten because I do own a high powered rifle and there are tall buildings around.

I feel for the players that were here. Their careers are taking an unexpected turn and moving from a contender to a wasteland has to be tough.

I want Kobe and Shaq to stand with hands on hips and watch the Mavs celebrate after they win the Western Conference Finals.

I want the entire league and every swinging (blank) to re-evalutate the defense wins championships comment.

I want a Championship for this team.

I want Nellie to win it all.

I want Cuban to thumb his nose at the league holding the trophy.

This is about me. Not Timbug and not Juwan. They get paid tons of money to play a game they love.

This is about me and all the suffering after losses. Suffering after horse sh*t draft picks. Suffering after sticking with a drug addict instead of just cutting his talented but stupid ass.

This is about our time.

And I dang sure wouldn't be opposed if this were to happen if we started some kind of letter writting campaign to get both Timmy and Juwan a ring for their contributions.

Their trade value.

Hell, even Kiki deserves a piece.

But this is about the Dallas Mavericks and their fans.

And while sad for the rent-a-players, this move is more important than anything else.

Feel for the players that left. They deserve our respect.

But never believe for a minute that their contribution on the court was more important than their value to get the pieces that improve the team.

We have a mission statement. And it reads "Just win it all, baby."

I want a Championship.

And I bet you do too.

Old 02-24-2002, 02:51 AM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Any post that conjures up images of both Randy White and Kobe and Shaq sucking their thumbs after a hypothetical ass-kicking gets my vote for post of the year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 02:58 AM   #3
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Hey don't knock Randy White, he will be the next Karl Malone.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 03:07 AM   #4
Road Rage

Road Rage is on a distinguished road

Outstanding post. You drummed up a lot of bad memories, and I think that those of us who were around when the team's better players included spares like Tony Dumas, Doug Smith, Tim Legler, Mike Izzulino, etc. can really appreciate the strides this organization has made and the direction it is heading.

Road Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 03:44 AM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

After this post I finally had the courage to revisit the horrible stretch of 92-93, and 93-94

We all can remember how horrrid this team was then. I remember the daily update in the Dallas Morning News on how our pace was compared to the all time worst the Sixers.

Those two years the Mavs were 11-71, and showing that the rebuilding had begun 13-69. Two stats though jumped out at me. I think I knew this at some point but had forgotten. The Mavs had a run in each of those two seasons that has to match some of the worst futility I have ever seen by a professional sports team. For a couple of months in each of those seasons the Washington Generals had a better record than the Mavs.

In 92-93 the Mavericks went on a 2-42 stretch, and not to be outdone the following year the Mavericks went on a 1-36 tear.

My goodness how things have changed. Thank you Mark Cuban, Don Nelson, Mike Finley, Dirk, Nash, Assistant Coaches. I would also like to thank the academy (cue music here). Sorry got a bit sidetracked there at the end. Good night.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 09:59 AM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for 22 years' worth of repressed memories. (Nice post.)

But did I overlook any mention of Quinn?

P.S. Should we interpret this trade as the other Kiki trying to make up for his past with the club?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 10:45 AM   #7
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

Shhhhh don't mention the Q man's name. Bad things man, very bad things. Good night, memories of Mike Izzulino too. I remember when they first started coming out with the NBA arcade games, and representing the Mavs were Derek Harper (decent) and Izzy (UGH). How low were we?
Old 02-24-2002, 12:41 PM   #8
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Excellent post.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 07:38 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

TwoDeep3 - Excellent stuff, as usual. I have also been with the team from the beginning, and I couldn't agree more with your post. Great post.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:11 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

memories that absolutely disgust me..i'm gonna punch you in the face for rehashing that.

but seriously, you do kinda bring things into perspective a bit.. it makes me so thankful for what the mavs have and...now i know that i'm satisified with just a playoff birth.

what the hell am i talking about? Western Conference Finals or Bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 12:11 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for 22 years' worth of repressed memories. (Nice post.)

Amen....who has the Tums? Ugh.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote