Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2021, 07:32 PM   #401
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
So Sam let a talentless hack pen an article with him. Interesting.
Probably to get team information. Hardly anyone knows anything about the Mavs since we aren't one of the teams with major coverage

Just look at the Athletic articles. No major sports writers covers the Mavs except when we play one of the big time teams
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2021, 07:38 PM   #402
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Cato is an untalented hack. I'm sure most of this article came from Sam Amick
That may be so, but it still doesn't really matter that much. The flood gates opened when Donnie said Luka needs to pass more. Give a writer an inch...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:42 PM   #403
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That may be so, but it still doesn't really matter that much. The flood gates opened when Donnie said Luka needs to pass more. Give a writer an inch...
Between Donnie's tone deaf message and this latest piece from the Athletic, maybe there will be a massive change in the front office

Ujiri?
Old 06-14-2021, 08:00 PM   #404
MFFL
Guru

Cuban's backpocket boy fires off a couple of articles

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/new...cuban-responds

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/new...ic-accusations
Old 06-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #405
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Such catastrophizing. Luka is signing the super max. He also said he thinks we ought to use Porzingis more, so he might agree completely with Donnie’s comments. He even said after one of the playoff games that he shot too much in the fourth quarter, and took some dumb shots.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:50 PM   #406
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Such catastrophizing. Luka is signing the super max. He also said he thinks we ought to use Porzingis more, so he might agree completely with Donnie’s comments. He even said after one of the playoff games that he shot too much in the fourth quarter, and took some dumb shots.
Ok so do you agree that our top 5 HC needs to be the main guy who figures out how to best utilize KP in this offense and get him consistent touches after those comments by both Donnie and Luka?

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-14-2021 at 09:54 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:06 PM   #407
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't care for Cato either, whether or not he's an untalented hack. I stopped following him on Twitter too. I hoped the athletic would be better when it started. I ended up only reading Bob Sturm articles toward the end.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:16 PM   #408
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nonsense. He isn't a team apologist like some of the beat writers for the local paper.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:18 PM   #409
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This sums up the Mavs:
- not the players fault
- not the coaches fault
- not the front office fault because what could they possibly do, dirk dirk dirk...
Old 06-15-2021, 12:21 AM   #410
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
This sums up the Mavs:
- not the players fault
- not the coaches fault
- not the front office fault because what could they possibly do, dirk dirk dirk...
LOL

I know right seems like no one is ever responsible....

But I think we can all agree Luka unlike Dirk isn't going to stick around forever waiting for them to get their shit together up at the top of the organization.

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-15-2021 at 12:22 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:26 AM   #411
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Ok so do you agree that our top 5 HC needs to be the main guy who figures out how to best utilize KP in this offense and get him consistent touches after those comments by both Donnie and Luka?
Yes. I think it’s Rick’s job to figure out how to best use his player’s talents. As the floor general it’s also Luka’s job.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:33 AM   #412
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
This sums up the Mavs:
- not the players fault
- not the coaches fault
Huh? Where is any of this in my post? I was only saying the sky isn’t falling just because Luka is a little annoyed by the math nerd telling him to settle down in a game. I even mentioned Luka criticizing himself (player), and the team’s use of KP (coaches).

How many times do I need to post on this site that the Mavs front office has fucked up multiple times?

Last edited by FreshJive; 06-15-2021 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:40 AM   #413
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
LOL

I know right seems like no one is ever responsible....

But I think we can all agree Luka unlike Dirk isn't going to stick around forever waiting for them to get their shit together up at the top of the organization.
I think we can all agree, that you have no idea what Luka is going to do, except that he answered the reporter’s question like it was even dumb to ask if he was re-signing here.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:57 AM   #414
Zeus

Quote:
I think we can all agree, that you have no idea what Luka is going to do, except that he answered the reporter’s question like it was even dumb to ask if he was re-signing here.
Yes he is absolutely going to sign the supermax extension, even if he eventually wants to leave in 3 seasons before his supermax is done. The article in the Atlantic gives no reason to question that. What it does do it basically says people inside the organization are worried this weird relationship between the owner and Bob V is going to screw up Luka's tenure here. On the Locked on Mavs Podcast, Cato's bottom line is people inside the organization (his sources) are worried we are going to wake up 5 years from now and look back and say how did we fuck this up. That is the fear. He also mentioned on another podcast, Step Back pod that some of the angst inside the org stems from seeing Luka's peers move onto the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs. We live in a world where both Ayton and Trae could be playing in the conference finals in their 3rd year while Luka will be hunting for his first playoff win in his 4th year! That is on the organization, bottom line. I still maintain that Saddiq Bey could have swung the series with what would have been a bevy of open 3's that he excelled out this year.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:17 AM   #415
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Be interesting to see what happens with the Clippers. They could still feasibly win it all.

It would be similar to when we brought the Spurs to 7 games in the first round a few years back and they went on to win it all crediting us for making them tough.

Would it change anything though if we nearly beat the NBA champions?

Old 06-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #416
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes he is absolutely going to sign the supermax extension, even if he eventually wants to leave in 3 seasons before his supermax is done. The article in the Atlantic gives no reason to question that. What it does do it basically says people inside the organization are worried this weird relationship between the owner and Bob V is going to screw up Luka's tenure here. On the Locked on Mavs Podcast, Cato's bottom line is people inside the organization (his sources) are worried we are going to wake up 5 years from now and look back and say how did we fuck this up. That is the fear. He also mentioned on another podcast, Step Back pod that some of the angst inside the org stems from seeing Luka's peers move onto the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs. We live in a world where both Ayton and Trae could be playing in the conference finals in their 3rd year while Luka will be hunting for his first playoff win in his 4th year! That is on the organization, bottom line. I still maintain that Saddiq Bey could have swung the series with what would have been a bevy of open 3's that he excelled out this year.
I don't think many people are irrationally up in arms that Trae and Ayton made it to the 2nd round and we didn't. it's silly to me to put much stock into that.

I do think many people disagreed with the draft picks, though idk that he puts us past the Clips.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:52 AM   #417
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

"On the Locked on Mavs Podcast, Cato's bottom line is people inside the organization (his sources) are worried we are going to wake up 5 years from now and look back and say how did we fuck this up."

5 years from now? LOL

Just look around. This has been apparent for more than 1 year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:56 AM   #418
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I don't care for Cato either, whether or not he's an untalented hack. I stopped following him on Twitter too. I hoped the athletic would be better when it started. I ended up only reading Bob Sturm articles toward the end.
Cato is awful. He is by far the worst of the Dallas writers on TheAthletic.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:22 AM   #419
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
"On the Locked on Mavs Podcast, Cato's bottom line is people inside the organization (his sources) are worried we are going to wake up 5 years from now and look back and say how did we fuck this up."

5 years from now? LOL

Just look around. This has been apparent for more than 1 year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
yea, one could probably pick that article apart pretty well if they wanted to. The only thing I like about it is that the dude went nuclear with this basically.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:43 PM   #420
Zeus

Quote:
I don't think many people are irrationally up in arms that Trae and Ayton made it to the 2nd round and we didn't. it's silly to me to put much stock into that.

I do think many people disagreed with the draft picks, though idk that he puts us past the Clips.
I think it would be irrational and/or delusional to not be up in arms about Luka's peers who were both on worse teams in year 1 and year 2 to be moving past Luka already in year 3 from a team perspective. In what world is that not an organizational failure?
Old 06-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #421
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I think it would be irrational and/or delusional to not be up in arms about Luka's peers who were both on worse teams in year 1 and year 2 to be moving past Luka already in year 3 from a team perspective. In what world is that not an organizational failure?
It's a tough world for the narrow-minded folks. You may think the Suns or the Hawks could handle the Clips but I think there is more than enough logic in doubting it. We may soon find out, especially with the Suns. Perhaps you think the FO is to blame for KP shitting the bed.

There is no shortage of reasons why we aren't as good as we could be as an organization. Point is it's borderline childish to fuel the "..but Ayton and Trae made it past the first round" bit. There's a great chance that if you give the Suns or Hawks the Clippers in the first round they are going home too.

Old 06-15-2021, 01:07 PM   #422
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Mavs took the Clippers to seven games. The Hawks beat the Knicks. The Suns had Devin Booker when they drafted Ayton. The Mavs had Dennis Smith Jr. The Suns also drafted Ayton with Luka Doncic on the board, and the Hawks opted for Trae Young instead.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #423
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's a tough world for the narrow-minded folks. You may think the Suns or the Hawks could handle the Clips but I think there is more than enough logic in doubting it. We may soon find out, especially with the Suns. Perhaps you think the FO is to blame for KP shitting the bed.

There is no shortage of reasons why we aren't as good as we could be as an organization. Point is it's borderline childish to fuel the "..but Ayton and Trae made it past the first round" bit. There's a great chance that if you give the Suns or Hawks the Clippers in the first round they are going home too.
You are probably right but looking at the rosters....I'd say out of the Suns, Hawks and Mavs....the Mavs have the worst roster to even try and beat the Clippers with.

Not only that but the Suns managed to avoid the Clippers early because of them taking care of business in the regular season.

And a big reason for that is because the Hawks and Suns didn't stay with the same scouting and GM department for the past 10 years. The Mavs have.

Schlenk and James Jones in less then 2 years have done wonders. I think that type of progression is what most of us had hoped would happen in regards to building a team around Luka...when it was time to build a team around Luka the Mavs tried to fast forward the process by trading all of their draft capital for KP and it bombed. Mind you, that was with drafting Dennis Smith Jr who I did love but clearly there was a issue with him meeting his ceiling here with Luka.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #424
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
The Mavs took the Clippers to seven games. The Hawks beat the Knicks. The Suns had Devin Booker when they drafted Ayton. The Mavs had Dennis Smith Jr. The Suns also drafted Ayton with Luka Doncic on the board, and the Hawks opted for Trae Young instead.
Drafting Ayton over Luka is a big part in why they are in the WCF though...not saying they couldn't have done it without Luka but he anchors that defense with his interior presence. Same goes for Capella in ATL.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:22 PM   #425
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

44 days until the NBA Draft and 52 days until free agency
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:03 PM   #426
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
And 1

Old 06-15-2021, 02:11 PM   #427
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I do honestly think the negative PR hits the FO is getting is making it more and more unlikely that THJ returns. They are under enormous pressure to do something big, and there really is no other avenue to making that happen if they keep him. Unless they decide to trade KP which I still don't see happening.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-15-2021 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #428
Zeus

Quote:
Thanks for the recap in history. All lends to my point that the Mavs couldn't possibly advance because (fill in your reason/excuse):

- Others didn't have to play the Clippers
- other teams had better players
- What could we possibly do - we had to be loyal to Dirk
- Who could have known KP wouldn't be able to play
- Why would we expect any of our 3 top 36 draft players to exhibit no discernible basketball skills

Bottom line: It is with inevitable certainty that in our Mavs fandom deterministic world there is absolutely no permutations of decisions that could have been made that would have resulted in a different outcome, correct? We just keep losing to those 2 time defending NBA champs, the Los Angeles Clippers.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:14 PM   #429
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
You are probably right but looking at the rosters....I'd say out of the Suns, Hawks and Mavs....the Mavs have the worst roster to even try and beat the Clippers with.

Not only that but the Suns managed to avoid the Clippers early because of them taking care of business in the regular season.

And a big reason for that is because the Hawks and Suns didn't stay with the same scouting and GM department for the past 10 years. The Mavs have.

Schlenk and James Jones in less then 2 years have done wonders. I think that type of progression is what most of us had hoped would happen in regards to building a team around Luka...when it was time to build a team around Luka the Mavs tried to fast forward the process by trading all of their draft capital for KP and it bombed. Mind you, that was with drafting Dennis Smith Jr who I did love but clearly there was a issue with him meeting his ceiling here with Luka.
Perhaps we are worst of the 3. I wouldn't argue that very long. I think KP playing like he did muddies the waters a lot. If he got us 20/9 every game it might had been enough to overcome it.

I'm just saying the argument of mavs organization = garbage because Ayton and Trae passed the first round is ....dumb.

Old 06-15-2021, 02:17 PM   #430
SMC0007
Guru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I do honestly think the negative PR hits the FO is getting is making it more and more unlikely that THJ returns. They are under enormous pressure to do something big, and there really is no other avenue to making that happen if they keep him. Unless they decide to trade KP which I still don't see happening.
So then the pressure might end up being a good thing if that happens. THJ is good but unless he wants to get real friendly to the Mavs, we aren't doing anything much bigger than we did this year. as a few of us elite arm chair GMs have said.

Old 06-15-2021, 03:21 PM   #431
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Nonsense. He isn't a team apologist like some of the beat writers for the local paper.
Beat writers for the local paper is a pretty low bar for writers - that's like saying someone is a better writer than Fisher

But he's not very good either. Cato's insights into the team are basically what you can get from Twitter and his analysis is equal to some of the better posters on MavsForum
Old 06-15-2021, 03:22 PM   #432
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Bob Sturm is the only one worth paying for. The rest are ok at best
Old 06-15-2021, 03:24 PM   #433
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

TBH if the biggest move we make this offseason is re-signing THJ (which I'm mildly in favor of, definitely depending on his price tag), next season is going to be hard to stomach.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:25 PM   #434
Zeus

Quote:
Perhaps we are worst of the 3. I wouldn't argue that very long. I think KP playing like he did muddies the waters a lot. If he got us 20/9 every game it might had been enough to overcome it.

I'm just saying the argument of mavs organization = garbage because Ayton and Trae passed the first round is ....dumb.
Well according to the sources (people in the org) there is considerable worry very specifically because some of Luka's peers are progressing with their respective teams faster and farther than Luka and the Mavs. Since Luka is demonstrably better than Ayton and Trae this is putting a lot of pressure on the Mavs organization. I am tending to agree they are more likely to make a lot of moves than no moves.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:27 PM   #435
Zeus

Quote:
Bob Sturm is the only one worth paying for. The rest are ok at best
Sturm is greatness but IIRC he is 100 percent football-centric.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:26 PM   #436
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Well according to the sources (people in the org) there is considerable worry very specifically because some of Luka's peers are progressing with their respective teams faster and farther than Luka and the Mavs. Since Luka is demonstrably better than Ayton and Trae this is putting a lot of pressure on the Mavs organization. I am tending to agree they are more likely to make a lot of moves than no moves.
I'd go as far as guaranteeing you literally no one worth their weight in salt within the Organization is measuring against the success of Ayton and Trae.

Im sure we all hope that some moves are made. It's just not going to be based solely on how two of Lukas draft classmates teams are doing.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:32 PM   #437
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd go as far as guaranteeing you literally no one worth their weight in salt within the Organization is measuring against the success of Ayton and Trae.

Im sure we all hope that some moves are made. It's just not going to be based solely on how two of Lukas draft classmates teams are doing.
Yup.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:39 PM   #438
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Way to put your fellow poster down!

He only has about 7k posts on here.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany

Last edited by Zaknaf3in; 06-15-2021 at 04:43 PM.
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #439
Zeus

Quote:

Yes no reason to use relevant benchmarks. Go Mavs.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:37 PM   #440
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Yes no reason to use relevant benchmarks. Go Mavs.
Go mavs!

Tags
jack.kerr aucks