Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
4DN1
Banned

4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts4DN1 is infamous around these parts
Default Why has the 2012 free agency not been talked about

regarding the Mavs other than Howard and DWill?

There are both good veterans and promising young players that will be free agents and there are a few i think would fit nicely with the Mavs or at least help them a lot.

Gerald Wallace has a play option
Jeremy Lin is unrestricted, although if everything went right i'm sure he'd sign back to the knicks.
Ray Allen will be unrestricted and Dallas obviously loves perimeter shooting.
Deshawn will be a free agent again.
Nick Young
Chase Budinger could be a little power off the bench but he's on a team option
Chris Kaman would be a great addition at center for us.
Pryzbilla will be unrestricted

and a ton of power forwards that could back up Dirk, of course their shooting wouldn't be as efficient but they could help greatly with defense and rebounding while Dirk was sitting.
Kris Humphries (not that we need anymore Kardashian drama in Dallas though)
Kenyon Martin
Carl Landry
Ryan Anderson (although restricted i'd like to see him in dallas)
and Brian Scalabrine to get him and the Custodian together for some kind of super bench.
4DN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy Lin is unrestricted but is basically restricted due to the "Arenas rule". The Knicks can match anything another team can offer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DN1 View Post
regarding the Mavs other than Howard and DWill?

There are both good veterans and promising young players that will be free agents and there are a few i think would fit nicely with the Mavs or at least help them a lot.
The Mavs have to "rebuild on the fly" and want to be a title contender for the last 2-6 years of Dirk's career. So if you can get Dron or Dwight (or even both) the team would be in a good position to win a title AND would have a bright future when Dirk retires.

Humphries is a solid def minded PF, but he will probably get a big contract this offseason and we have not the worst player at the 4. Kaman and Allen would be a nice addition for the right price, but I think it's hard for us to offer them the same money as other title contenders (which are caped out can offer MLE)
Firnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Given the Dwight shadow and Cuban's insistence that the marketplace will get friendlier in 2013, guessing everyone outside of Deron gets a 1 year offer.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Steve Nash, Eric Gordon and even Tim Duncan.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Jeremy Lin is unrestricted but is basically restricted due to the "Arenas rule". The Knicks can match anything another team can offer.
all those DNP CDs can't help his desire to stay and don't speak highly of how much the Knicks want him. I think some team will overpay for him this summer though and I hope it isnt us.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #7
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
all those DNP CDs can't help his desire to stay and don't speak highly of how much the Knicks want him. I think some team will overpay for him this summer though and I hope it isnt us.
Huh? He's been injured and no one can offer more than MLE.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:01 AM   #8
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Nic Batum ought to be on the list. Dyno-swingman who does a bit of everything and has improved every year. Just not the most consistent but only 23.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:16 AM   #9
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Nic Batum ought to be on the list. Dyno-swingman who does a bit of everything and has improved every year. Just not the most consistent but only 23.
Portland will match every offer, he is great when he gets a lot of minutes and with gerald wallace traded...
Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Been seeing stuff fly around that the Kings will move Tyreke Evans this summer. Any interest in this guy as the 2 guard next to Williams? I've always thought he was playing out of position at the point. Should be a 2 guard. Good size. Yea, the cost to get him, with Isaiah Thomas there, can't see that Boobs would interest them too much.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I worry that we'd see a drop off with evans if he didn't have the ball in his hands as much, but he could be a great 2-guard for us. I don't think we could afford him, but it would be nice.

I also wonder if we shoot to draft a junior/senior SG in this draft who can step in quickly and play or if we just get the best we can and try to flip them

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-26-2012 at 03:29 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Is David Lee of the Warriors available or would it have to be a trade?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I worry that we'd see a drop off with evans if he didn't have the ball in his hands as much, but he could be a great 2-guard for us. I don't think we could afford him, but it would be nice.

I also wonder if we shoot to draft a junior/senior SG in this draft who can step in quickly and play or if we just get the best we can and try to flip them
I would love to see Dallas end up with Bradley Beal from Florida if they could somehow get him.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
GQ03

GQ03 is on a distinguished road

Its a lot more likely Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb falls to Dallas than Beal.
GQ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
The_Ghost

The_Ghost is on a distinguished road

Here are the centers that are free agents after this season. Hope the Mavs can choose a well deserved player.

Andrew Bynum, L.A. Lakers – $14.9 million – Team Option ($16.1 million)
Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers – $2.6 million – Restricted ($3.7 million Qualifying Offer)
Brook Lopez, Brooklyn Nets – $3.1 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Chris Kaman, New Orleans Hornets – $12.7 million – Unrestricted
JaVale McGee, Denver Nuggets – $2.5 million – Restricted ($3.5 million Qualifying Offer)
Marcus Camby, Houston Rockets – $12.9 million – Unrestricted
Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers – $4.1 million – Unrestricted
Kwame Brown, Milwaukee Bucks – $6.8 million – Unrestricted
Aaron Gray, Toronto Raptors – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Robin Lopez, Phoenix Suns – $2.8 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Jermaine O’Neal, Boston Celtics – $6.2 million – Unrestricted
Nazr Mohammed, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.8 million – Unrestricted
Omer Asik, Chicago Bulls – $1.9 million – Unrestricted*
Semih Erden, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
Hamed Haddadi, Memphis Grizzlies – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Mehmet Okur, Portland Trail Blazers – $10.9 million – Unrestricted
Greg Stiemsma, Boston Celtics – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Daniel Orton, Orlando Magic – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
Solomon Alabi, Toronto Raptors – $0.8 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)
Hasheem Thabeet, Portland Trail Blazers – $5.1 million – Unrestricted
DeSagana Diop, Charlotte Bobcats – $6.9 million – Player Option ($7.4 million)
Ryan Hollins, Boston Celtics – $0.3 million – Unrestricted
Jason Collins, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Joel Przybilla, Portland Trail Blazers – $0.7 million – Unrestricted
Eddy Curry, Miami HEAT – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Tony Battie, Philadelphia 76ers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers – $1.5 million – Unrestricted
Jamaal Magloire, Toronto Raptors – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Kyrylo Fesenko, Indiana Pacers – $0.3 million – Unrestricted
Mickell Gladness, Golden State Warriors – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*
Mikki Moore, Golden State Warriors – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
Dan Gadzuric, New York Knicks – $0.1 million – Unrestricted
The_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #16
He15man

Would love to have Bynum but i bet the Lakers don't get him.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
He15man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ03 View Post
Its a lot more likely Austin Rivers or Jeremy Lamb falls to Dallas than Beal.
Not sure if i would want Rivers, dude is a ball hog and he wasn't that impressive at Duke.

His talent may be better suited for the NBA.

I'm a Florida fan so of course i want Beal but i doubt he ends up here.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #18
He15man

If the Mavs somehow bring in Deron and Dwight, i could easily live with this season.

Lets just hope this isn't like the McGrady/Shaq talk a few years ago and Dallas ends up with nothing.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #19
GQ03

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
Not sure if i would want Rivers, dude is a ball hog and he wasn't that impressive at Duke.

His talent may be better suited for the NBA.

I'm a Florida fan so of course i want Beal but i doubt he ends up here.
Rivers will be a star in the NBA as he can't be guarded one-on-one. My issue with rivers is how Carlisle and Dirk would take to him. Duke was a horrible fit for Rivers and he should've stayed committed to Florida as he fit their style of play a lot better.

D-Will at PG and Rivers at SG gives Dallas one of the most explosive backcourts in the league, add Marion at SF for defense with Dirk at PF and one of Kaman,Javale McGee or Roy Hibbert at C and Dallas is easily back in business.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #20
He15man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ03 View Post
Rivers will be a star in the NBA as he can't be guarded one-on-one. My issue with rivers is how Carlisle and Dirk would take to him. Duke was a horrible fit for Rivers and he should've stayed committed to Florida as he fit their style of play a lot better.

D-Will at PG and Rivers at SG gives Dallas one of the most explosive backcourts in the league, add Marion at SF for defense with Dirk at PF and one of Kaman,Javale McGee or Roy Hibbert at C and Dallas is easily back in business.
Rivers is definitely talented and i wouldn't mind him being here.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:06 AM   #21
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

For a center I would like us to land...

Brook Lopez, Spencer Hawes, Omer Asik, or Kaman.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #22
GQ03

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
For a center I would like us to land...

Brook Lopez, Spencer Hawes, Omer Asik, or Kaman.
For center I am hoping for one of Hibbert, Javale McGee or Kaman. I honestly believe McGee would be the best fit but he also happens to be the dumbest of the bunch. If they could somehow pull off a Williams/Kaman/McGee summer it would be an absolute homerun.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #23
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

What's Kaman's market value at this point? 8 Million?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!

Last edited by Nowitzki4President; 06-03-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #24
He15man

Would the Mavs take Fab Melo with the 17th pick? The Center from Syracuse?

He is 7 feet tall and a projected first rounder.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #25
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Would the Mavs take Fab Melo with the 17th pick? The Center from Syracuse?

He is 7 feet tall and a projected first rounder.
He would be a good get. He's a pretty instinctive shot-blocker and decent defensive rebounder. Also underrated passer and can finish around the rim.
His game actually bears a passing resemblance to...
i know im not suppossed mention his name in any thread... Tyson Chandler.
Only Melo is less athletic and not as mean. He's kind of goofy but really started playing hard last season with more purpose. Room for him to improve.

Big Cuse fan btw so Ive seen him lots
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
What's Kaman's market value at this point? 8 Million?
I would guess maybe even slightly less? Depends on length of deal.
Wouldnt mind seeing him in here on a one year 7-8mil deal if we miss on Asik.
maybe we get a slight discount on account of Dirkster?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #27
He15man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
He would be a good get. He's a pretty instinctive shot-blocker and decent defensive rebounder. Also underrated passer and can finish around the rim.
His game actually bears a passing resemblance to...
i know im not suppossed mention his name in any thread... Tyson Chandler.
Only Melo is less athletic and not as mean. He's kind of goofy but really started playing hard last season with more purpose. Room for him to improve.

Big Cuse fan btw so Ive seen him lots

I only saw him play a handful of times last year, mostly in the early season game against the Gators.

The Mavs need a PG and a C. Signing Deron Williams and drafting a center would avoid the need to trade for Dwight Howard.

I'm just curious as how to well Fab Melo would fit in at Dallas.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #28
GQ03

Quote:
I only saw him play a handful of times last year, mostly in the early season game against the Gators.

The Mavs need a PG and a C. Signing Deron Williams and drafting a center would avoid the need to trade for Dwight Howard.

I'm just curious as how to well Fab Melo would fit in at Dallas.
Not a good pick at 17 as he's not very athletic and sat in a zone 95% of the time at Syracuse. I know Dallas plays a ton of zone but the Syracuse defense overrates a lot of their players defensively. He's also a guy that I could see eating his way out of the league in a short time. Dallas would be better off getting that SG they've been seeking since Finley went downhill.

Tags
google is your friend, underdogdoesntgetlaid