Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 05-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #41
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Sorry but when you are so bad like the Bobcats were the last thing to do is draft based on need, you take the best talent available period. In not too long Kemba will be better than DJ Augustine.
A 5'10 inch combo guard is not the best available talent. They just drafted DJ 3 years prior (who had shown signs of coming around as a PG the year prior)and had rid themselves of Stephen Jackson. Why not draft a true SG to replace Jackson like ahem.. Klay Thompson who was chosen 3 picks later.

The Bobcats drafted Brandan Wright over Noah. We aren't going to go into their long list of terrible selections...Wright, Morrison, Sean May...and the list keeps going. The Bobcats aren't terrible because they haven't had a higher draft choice, they are terrible because they've been piss poor at drafting. Some of the talent they have by-pass to draft the "best available talent" instead of need could of had them fighting for a 5th seed in the East.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #42
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

NO isn't going to move the 10th pick imo and the 55th pick has pretty much no value, anyone can buy second round pick.

My preference for mavs first pick if they dont move up or down
1. Terrence Ross
2. Moe Harkless
3. Jeff Taylor
4. Evan Fournier
5. Quincy Miller

Last edited by mavs777; 05-31-2012 at 12:37 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #43
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
A 5'10 inch combo guard is not the best available talent. They just drafted DJ 3 years prior (who had shown signs of coming around as a PG the year prior)and had rid themselves of Stephen Jackson. Why not draft a true SG to replace Jackson like ahem.. Klay Thompson who was chosen 3 picks later.

The Bobcats drafted Brandan Wright over Noah. We aren't going to go into their long list of terrible selections...Wright, Morrison, Sean May...and the list keeps going. The Bobcats aren't terrible because they haven't had a higher draft choice, they are terrible because they've been piss poor at drafting. Some of the talent they have by-pass to draft the "best available talent" instead of need could of had them fighting for a 5th seed in the East.
Kemba isn't a "combo guard" he is a pure PG with very good play making skills, why not draft Klay Thompson who doesn't defend and struggles to create his own shot? Seems simply enough to me, he's a role player. DJ had shown signs of at best being a average at PG, Kemba has much higher upside than DJ who they frankly should trade for a late first rounder if they can.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Thats ALOT to give up for the 10th pick. I wouldnt give Roddy straight up for the 10th pick.
Well I wouldn't worry about getting Roddy for a lottery pick, those have a lot more value than him.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #45
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGuire View Post
Come on… you don't really believe that? Do you?

If he wanted to rig it wouldn't he have wanted the Nets to win? Or maybe the Kings to help them stay in Sacramento? Or to the Bobcats so they could be viable. Or, or, or…..

The greatest percentage odds yesterday would be that people would think Stern rigged it. The reason is because it didn't matter who won.

He already sold the Hornets anyway.

The best thing that happened yesterday was that tanking didn't get rewarded. There is no doubt tanking works, but it didn't this year. The Hornets tried all season and never lost on purpose. Monty had them diving on the floor and scrapping to win games while Cleveland, Golden State, and Sacramento looked as if tanking was the strategy. Golden State was especially egregious in it's tanking.

I'm not calling out the Bobcats… they were trying hard, but were the worst team of all time.
Well later I realized they won it on the 13.7% chance and I was only seeing that 1% chance they had from the T-Wolves at first. So it isn't too fishy anymore lol.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #46
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
NO isn't going to move the 10th pick imo and the 55th pick has pretty much no value, anyone can buy second round pick.

My preference for mavs first pick if they dont move up or down
1. Terrence Ross
2. Moe Harkless
3. Jeff Taylor
4. Evan Fournier
5. Quincy Miller
What about Dion Waiters or Fab Melo?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #47
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I wouldn't worry about getting Roddy for a lottery pick, those have a lot more value than him.
Notice i said "I" wouldnt. Its situational. Some teams would and some wouldnt.
But its funny seeing people throwing around the idea of trading Roddy when he may be able to finally pay off on some of that potential, for a guy(pick #10)who's likely 2-3 yrs. away from contributing. Its backwards. Unless the Mavs think theyve scoped the next james harden at #10 or something. Even then he took a couple years to develop.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #48
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

All of these lottery guys and picks are overvalued in a sense. Have any of them played an entire grueling 82 game regular season with back to backs? A playoff series? Traveled so much? How do they handle suddenly having money?

Smart teams buy low on guys like Roddy 3 or 4 years in. Kyle Lowry has much more trade value than he had a couple years ago. Experience+opportunity
Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #49
OneLove22

Quote:
Thats ALOT to give up for the 10th pick. I wouldnt give Roddy straight up for the 10th pick.
I would in this years draft.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
What about Dion Waiters or Fab Melo?
I'm pretty cold on both of those players. Waiters reeks of Dominique Jones #2, and Fab Melo isn't very talented.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-31-2012 at 04:55 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #51
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm pretty cold on both of those players. Waiters reeks of Dominique Jones #2, and Fab Melo isn't very talented.
Waiters is better in every facet than Jones. Shooting especially.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #52
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Waiters is better in every facet than Jones. Shooting especially.
We shall see...

Just don't see a need here. The Mavs already have two combo guards plus it is highly possible they keep West. Adding a forth doesn't seem to add up.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #53
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ross is going to be off the board before the 17th pick. If you do get Deron, it would be nice to give a the PG a true SG. You probably resign West and Kidd. That leaves no room for Roddy once again. Giving up a player you only use when the major players are injured isn't giving up a lot.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #54
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Ross is going to be off the board before the 17th pick. If you do get Deron, it would be nice to give a the PG a true SG. You probably resign West and Kidd. That leaves no room for Roddy once again. Giving up a player you only use when the major players are injured isn't giving up a lot.
I understand the reasoning. But how is Ross any further along then Roddy? 2-3 yrs minimum before he's ready. And i really like Ross btw.

I just wonder if Roddy wouldnt have Brandon Jennings or Kyle Lowry trade value if he were given 36+ minutes. i think he would. I also think its rare that
a young vet is traded for a low lottery pick and it works out for both teams. George Hill for Kawhi Leonard this past happened to work out really well for both teams.

So yeah, if the Mavs sign Deron and re-sign Kidd and West we would have a glut of combo guards. And if the Mavs see a cant-miss Kawhi Leonard type at around
pick 9 or 10 and have a willing trade partner that has a need and loves Roddy, then yes i could see the Mavs pulling the trigger on a deal like that. Alot of things have to happen for that trade to come off though.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-01-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #55
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Edited to destroy it because I suck at life.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-09-2012 at 11:28 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #56
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

BG, that is whythey need to hit on a pick here and there. This year especially with a deep draft,, and the Mavs as old as they are.

Hopefully Royce White or Moe Harkless will be there at 17.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #57
OneLove22

Do we have a trade up scenario in play? Maybe Booby and the #17 to move up?
Old 06-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #58
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Do we have a trade up scenario in play? Maybe Booby and the #17 to move up?
Have not heard of one.

But there were rumors that a while back, NO had interest in Boobs. NO owns the 10th pick. A package of the 17th and Boobs for the 10th pick?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #59
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Have not heard of one.

But there were rumors that a while back, NO had interest in Boobs. NO owns the 10th pick. A package of the 17th and Boobs for the 10th pick?
If we knew that Ross would still be available at 10, I'd do that without a doubt.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #60
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have not heard of one.

The word I've heard is they'll unload the 10th pick on the condition that the team absorbs Okafor or Ariza's deal.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #61
OneLove22

Quote:
Have not heard of one.

I would probably do it in this draft. Can't quite pin down a specific player I want; but I think Boobs is replaceable. Young talent is hard to come by.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #62
OneLove22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The word I've heard is they'll unload the 10th pick on the condition that the team absorbs Okafor or Ariza's deal.
Ah that's not too intriguing. How bad is Okafor's deal? He's not a bad player but his knee is bad.

Draft Express has Sullinger projected to drop to 17 right now. Anybody think that is possible?

Last edited by OneLove22; 06-11-2012 at 10:07 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #63
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ah that's not too intriguing. How bad is Okafor's deal? He's not a bad player but his knee is bad.

Draft Express has Sullinger projected to drop to 17 right now. Anybody think that is possible?
Pretty bad...

Emeka Okafor:

$13,543,250 - 2012/2013
$14,544,687 - 2013/2014
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #64
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
roddy for the 10th pick? i would do it in a heartbeat. i was one of roddybs biggest supporters at one point. but i think we've seen his peak, the inconsistent play, the foot injuries. is he a pg or sg?how many mins did he play in the playoffs like 8 mins? free roddy b and i hope its elsewhere. 2 picks in the top 17 of a deep draft. i can dig it!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #65
OneLove22

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Pretty bad...

Emeka Okafor:

$13,543,250 - 2012/2013
$14,544,687 - 2013/2014
Oh wow hahaha
Old 06-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #66
MVPizzle06

MVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the rough

Just by peaking at the draft board, how come Kim English is being viewed as a 2nd round player? Just watching the kid play, he's a first round player for sure. Prototypical height from the 2 guard position, excellent shooter, and plays reasonably strong defense. The only knock on him is he doesn't have super-elite athleticism, but the kid puts the ball in the bucket.

If he's on the board around the time the Mavs pick, he'd not only be an excellent pickup, but he'd automatically be the best 2 guard on the Mavs roster.

My name is Benga, and i'm here to b-b-b-break your face
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8
MVPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #67
OneLove22

So do we draft Sullinger?

I want to say he'll be fine!

Last edited by OneLove22; 06-19-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #68
OneLove22

Draftnet has us projected to take Kendall Marshall right now. If he falls that is the guy I want. He has great court vision and can spread the ball around like a true PG. If he doesn't fall I'm not too sure what I'd do, still intrigued by Sullinger though. I just have no idea how bad his back is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSnZ...eature=related

Marshall is just a guy you want to have on your team. Makes the people around him better players. Unreal passing.

Last edited by OneLove22; 06-20-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #69
HueyFreeman

HueyFreeman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Draftnet has us projected to take Kendall Marshall right now. If he falls that is the guy I want. He has great court vision and can spread the ball around like a true PG. If he doesn't fall I'm not too sure what I'd do, still intrigued by Sullinger though. I just have no idea how bad his back is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSnZ...eature=related

Marshall is just a guy you want to have on your team. Makes the people around him better players. Unreal passing.
I'm ambivalent about Marshall. One on hand he is a great passer, with a great work ethic and improving (spot-up) jumper.

One the other hand he literally could not stay in front of anyone at the collegiate level... how's he going to defend Parker, Westbrook, Rubio, etc.?

He's not the type of kid you want to bet against, but him maxing out his physical tools may not be enough to cut it in the league.
"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility." - Khalil Gibran

HueyFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #70
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPizzle06 View Post
Just by peaking at the draft board, how come Kim English is being viewed as a 2nd round player? Just watching the kid play, he's a first round player for sure. Prototypical height from the 2 guard position, excellent shooter, and plays reasonably strong defense. The only knock on him is he doesn't have super-elite athleticism, but the kid puts the ball in the bucket.

If he's on the board around the time the Mavs pick, he'd not only be an excellent pickup, but he'd automatically be the best 2 guard on the Mavs roster.
English can ball, but he'll be 24 before the season starts. Tony Allen, Sam Young, Josh Howard - there's a lot of talented swingmen who fall because they've pretty much maxed out their physical abilities.

Oh, and I want no part of Kendall Marshall. The Mavericks need someone with the potential to create their own shot, and I don't see Marshall ever developing that.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 06-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #71
OneLove22

SI's latest mock draft.

Quote:
The Sullinger slide stops here. The Ohio State forward has had a rough week: ESPN.com reported that he was "red-flagged" medically for back issues at the combine, and sources confirmed to SI.com that the situation is, in fact, a serious concern for some teams. Sullinger's agent, David Falk, downplayed the situation, but the prevailing view is that it will hurt his stock significantly. Nonetheless, the Mavericks grab him with hopes that Falk is right about his client and that they have a young, creative and productive power forward for years to come.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1ySMUJCmk
Old 06-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #72
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't know how the Mavs take a PF with serious injury concerns if Ross is available (I don't think he will be).
Old 06-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #73
HueyFreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I don't know how the Mavs take a PF with serious injury concerns if Ross is available (I don't think he will be).
I agree. I want to stay away from PF. I truly believe Brandan Wright can be our 4 of the future.
"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility." - Khalil Gibran

Old 06-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #74
HueyFreeman

Some of my favorite 2nd round players in the draft

Kim English (seriously underrated which is understandable considering he's a bit of a 1 year wonder; runs hot and cold, but was absolutely on fire his senior year; has better physical attributes than he's credited with, but is probably close to his ceiling)

Miles Plumlee (big, strong, athletic worker with good physical tools and size; always improving; I think he can definitely give you 15 mpg at the 5 right off the bat with the potential and work ethic to eventually become a starter; a little overlooked at Duke because of their trigger-happy guards)

Darius Johnson-Odom (tough, competitive, athletic, undersized 2 guard with good all around game; has a bunch of offensive moves; reminds me of a less explosive, but stronger Monta Ellis)

Quincy Acy (undersized but explosive 4 that can rebound and block shots; has an improving jumper/ FT%; showed up big when it mattered most (this is the guy that dropped 22 with Anthony Davis guarding him in the Elite 8); would probably have won the 'NBA' dunk contest this past ASQ)

Josh Owens (overlooked 5th year Stanford guy that showed up big in the NIT tourney & Nets combine; you wish he was more consistent, but he would be a good Summer League invite if he doesn't get drafted (chances are he ends up a mid-late 2nd rounder); undersized, but has a good frame/wingspan; I'd love to see if he can carve out a career in the league... a poor man's Quincy Acy)

Last edited by HueyFreeman; 06-22-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #75
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyFreeman View Post
Quincy Acy (undersized but explosive 4 that can rebound and block shots; has an improving jumper/ FT%; showed up big when it mattered most (this is the guy that dropped 22 with Anthony Davis guarding him in the Elite 8); would probably have won the 'NBA' dunk contest this past ASQ)
I'm horrifically biased, but there is not a harder working basketball player than Quincy Acy. I saw virtually every game he played at BU, and the comparison between his first game and his last is remarkable. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the FT line at the beginning, and he was more than solid by the end. Not an NBA starter by a long shot, but could easily carve out a Brandon Bass/Glen Davis/Jason Maxiell type role. Not nearly as big as those guys, but much more athletic and a better shot blocker.

Get him on your team and he'll do whatever you ask him to. Also, he's a Mavs fan (from Mesquite).
Old 06-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #76
MVPizzle06

MVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I'm horrifically biased, but there is not a harder working basketball player than Quincy Acy. I saw virtually every game he played at BU, and the comparison between his first game and his last is remarkable. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the FT line at the beginning, and he was more than solid by the end. Not an NBA starter by a long shot, but could easily carve out a Brandon Bass/Glen Davis/Jason Maxiell type role. Not nearly as big as those guys, but much more athletic and a better shot blocker.

Get him on your team and he'll do whatever you ask him to. Also, he's a Mavs fan (from Mesquite).
Longhorn fan here. I can tell you that Acy is indeed a demon. I love his game. He'd be a more than solid acquisition. However if i'm going the PF route, I can see strong-starter potential in Moultrie and Terrence Jones. If we got one of them and English I could sleep very soundly next Thursday.

If we somehow take Ross or trade up for Jeremy Lamb I might be in draft euphoria.

My name is Benga, and i'm here to b-b-b-break your face
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8

Last edited by MVPizzle06; 06-22-2012 at 10:41 AM.
MVPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #77
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyFreeman View Post
Some of my favorite 2nd round players in the draft

Kim English (seriously underrated which is understandable considering he's a bit of a 1 year wonder; runs hot and cold, but was absolutely on fire his senior year; has better physical attributes than he's credited with, but is probably close to his ceiling)

Miles Plumlee (big, strong, athletic worker with good physical tools and size; always improving; I think he can definitely give you 15 mpg at the 5 right off the bat with the potential and work ethic to eventually become a starter; a little overlooked at Duke because of their trigger-happy guards)

Darius Johnson-Odom (tough, competitive, athletic, undersized 2 guard with good all around game; has a bunch of offensive moves; reminds me of a less explosive, but stronger Monta Ellis)

Josh Owens (overlooked 5th year Stanford guy that showed up big in the NIT tourney & Nets combine; you wish he was more consistent, but he would be a good Summer League invite if he doesn't get drafted (chances are he ends up a mid-late 2nd rounder); undersized, but has a good frame/wingspan; I'd love to see if he can carve out a career in the league... a poor man's Quincy Acy)
Plumlee is as athletic as it gets but he has no basketball skill whatsoever; pass. Second rounders I like are JaMychal Green, Henry Sims, Khris Middleton, Jae Crowder,Jared Cunningham, and Will Barton (could go late 1st).
Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #78
mavs777
Diamond Member

According to Chad Ford mavs have actively explored moving up in the draft last couple of days, he has us taking Terrence Jones at 17 and Tornike Shengelia at 55 (who I honestly have no clue about). Jones is one I would be ecstatic about, he has a ton of potential and is really skilled, just has some effort issues (same for moultrie).