Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-26-2001, 03:42 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

In what might be the dumbest way ever. The Rangers retired his Locker in the VISITING locker room. Don't get me wrong, Cal was a great player and should be honored but this is just stupid IMO. He has no real connection to the orginization. Only played like 40 something games in the New stadium. What next, are we gonna retire every locker of every great player that played here? Who's next? BigMac? Barry Bonds? Nolan Ryan doesn't even have HIS locker retired in the RANGERS locker room.

This is one of the most rediculous things I've ever seen.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2001, 03:48 PM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with you Rob, for whatever reason a bunch of teams are honoring him. When he played the White Sox about a month or two ago, they honored him and gave him a piece of the Old Comisky stadium.

He definately deserves the respect but damn, that is pretty ridiculous. If I'm Cal, I'd said to the Rangers, "If you really want to honor me, give me some of Alex's contract!"
Old 07-26-2001, 03:52 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

very stupid.
Old 07-26-2001, 03:59 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'm all for honoring him, he did alot of great things for baseball on and off the field. But couldn't they have done something different? Not so stupid. Like tonight's game. There gonna take the jersey he wears in tonights game and put it in the Legends of The Game museum at the ballpark. That's great. But a locker too? Come on.

What's next, are they gonna retire the shortstop position or something? lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 07-26-2001, 04:57 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Nobody will ever play Shortstop for the Baltimore Orioles again. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2001, 05:08 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think it's stupid doing something for him, cause he obviously deserves it. but i agree, the locker room thing is stupid.
Old 07-28-2001, 07:18 AM   #7
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

I agree with you guys. Cal is by far the GREATEST ... but locker is TOO MUCH ...
Nolan Ryan is the best also, man, I like Big Unit so much but Nolan Ryan's strikeouts(5.714) is unbelievable and 7 no-hitters ...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 11:28 PM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Rob...I don't like it when people laugh at their own jokes.