Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 08-03-2001, 01:32 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to apologize to everyone here for the site's constant delay. This time I'm afraid the launch will be put on hold indefinitely. I still plan to get it up (hopefully by the start of the season but no promises), but the last few weeks have been rather rough and I'm now basically faced with a complete change in direction career-wise. I've decided not to pursue a full-time career in web development/design (despite spending the last five years of my life preparing myself for this) but instead will be making a push for med school in a year to a year and a half.

I thank you all for supporting this forum and hope you continue to do so, as I have no intention of abandoning it or my plans for the impending site launch. I'll continue to work on the site in my spare time, but can only say it'll be up "when it's ready." Thx all
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, things have been a bit tough in your industry and if anything can be done to help with anything...let just about anyone on this board know, and it will get done.

I think I will also have to re-choose my career path. Graduate school is looking more and more like an opportunity to get into either statistics or logistics
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 12:50 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

So you're still contemplating grad school? Since I was a communications major at SMU, I'm lacking quite a few science reqs for med school so I'm going to be spending the next couple semesters taking them at Richland.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:03 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Richland? I got a friend that goes there. And my brother lives over there.

anyway, don't sweat the site dj. I'd rather it take longer and done right then rushed.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 05:22 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

oh, i'll be in grad school..
that's for sure...but, it probably won't be until january..well, definitely won't.
i might just get my graduate degree from the fine university up in denton.

actually, for anything remotely related to business, they're basically as good as anyone else in the metroplex
Old 08-10-2001, 05:34 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

just curious if it's alright if i discriminate against foreigners...there's alot of them posting here now, and i thought it would be entertaining if i were to further infuriate them
Old 08-10-2001, 10:30 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I like the board the way it is. If there are improvements later - great!
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 07:10 PM   #8
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Med school is a great career, most are quite wealthy a few years after they are out. Im going to school now to become a pharmacist. Its not easy going back after being out of school for 12 years.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 08:53 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

My gf's sister got out of pharmacology school a couple years ago. How many years is it going to take you? I'm taking the MCAT next Spring and sending my apps in before the Fall (for Fall '03 admission) but I'm being realistic here..going from a virtually non-science bg to med school-hopeful is a stretch, so my backup plan is to go to PA school in '03 if I don't get into med school. Then I'll hit med school afterwards. PA's are surprisingly well paid ($70k average in Texas, almost $80k in Cali), but I still intend to earn an MD.

Oh and I totally understand how hard it is to go back to school after so long! I've only been out of school a few months, and already I'm not digging the undergrad scene at UTD. They all seem like a bunch of immature juveniles. Going back after so many years must be a total pain in the ass!
Old 10-21-2001, 09:04 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

Check your pm's dallmav. Thx
Old 10-24-2001, 09:26 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

i know what you mean..everyone seems so juvenile and petty....i can't believe i was actually one of them.