Old 10-27-2003, 04:37 PM   #41
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Lil' Whistle pitches Sabonis

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Cubes will only balk at spending money when he thinks it won't help the club or when it would prevent us from getting someone even more valuable with that money.
and which other 15th man addition would actually get us closer to a champioship? I can't think of many.
Exactly. This is a no-brainer for the MLE.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2003, 04:45 PM   #42
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Did Madape get ahold of your password Murphy.

Obviously it would be a great signing, but I would be shocked if it happened. I just cant see Sabonis wanting to put himself through the torture of even a shortened season.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:51 PM   #43
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

wow, the idea of having sabonis in mavs uniform gets most of us salivated. but honestly, this remains at most "a swing and a miss" so far.

i can see a distinct possibility in dallas: donnie's tie with lithuania, mavs' champ chance, and mavs roster's nice guy image, and most importantly, a real need for his service.
if he does decide to come back to nba, i cannot see a better place than mavs.

with that all said, from what i read, it won't surprise me if he retired for good this time: he bought the major stake of his team zalgiris, and had this to say about his leaving nba:
"I had kind of ended my career and said it's enough. Then I played for one more year. The next year could have been in Portland again. Anyway, everything converges into one thing - one has to make up one's mind. While I'm still riding the wave, while someone says hello to me, recognises me, I have to use it and do something for "Zalgiris". When no one will say hello and will forget - then it's harder to do something for the team. Come on, "Zalgiris" has such a history, and now finds itself in such a position - it's embarassing. It makes you want to change something"

a totally admirable man.

although it remains a dream, we as mavs fans do have the previlege of dreaming about him.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:55 PM   #44
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

An NBA championship for team with Sabonis on it would help Lithuanian basketball.

If Sabonis could play even 10 min. a game, he'd still be an enormous asset.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:02 PM   #45
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer
An NBA championship for team with Sabonis on it would help Lithuanian basketball.
Maybe Donnie could be "persuaded" to coach the Lithuanian basketball team again?
Old 10-27-2003, 05:11 PM   #46
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Maybe Donnie could be "persuaded" to coach the Lithuanian basketball team again?
Doesn't Donnie still coach, or assistant coach the Lithuanian team? I believe he did in the summer EU games in Sweden?
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:49 PM   #47
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't Donnie still coach, or assistant coach the Lithuanian team? I believe he did in the summer EU games in Sweden?
Not at the Olympics.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:54 PM   #48
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
Quote:
Quote:
Not at the Olympics.
Oh, ok. You said Lithuanian basketball team, so I assumed you meant period, b/c he was an assistant coach for Lithuania in the EU games.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 06:23 PM   #49
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Wouldn't you just love for either Fortson or Sabonis to "Accidentally" step on Shaq's big toe or heel? Seriously, that a lot of weight that the Mavs will throw at Shaq if they are able to sign Sabonis.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:20 PM   #50
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Karl Malone doesn't equate to a title.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:46 PM   #51
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Fortson is 275, that should be enough weight.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:00 PM   #52
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

This thread made me skip through my tape of lat years series vs the Blazers. And watching game 3, where Sabas put down 16 points and 4 rebounds in 14 minutes and especially game 6, where he went for 16 points and 8 rebounds in TWELVE minutes, face it, even with drastically reduced minutes, he'd be our best Center by a mile.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote