Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-19-2001, 09:22 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Hawks 108, Lakers 106 FINAL

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2001, 09:24 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

YEEEHHAAAAAA!!!

Kobe and Shaq done great for my fantasy team too. YYIIIIPPPEEEEEEEE!!!

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 09:26 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Kukoc and Terry took care of business tonight [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How the hell does a team without Mutombo or Ratliff beat Big Daddy and his little b*tch Kobe?!
Old 03-19-2001, 09:30 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, Kukoc was on my fantasy team tonight too. WOOHOO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

How far are we behind the Lake show now? 2..3 games [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] .

Old 03-19-2001, 09:34 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

doh, 1 game back of the almighty Lakers now.

Blazers are losing too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

It's a great day to be alive!

Old 03-19-2001, 09:35 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

2.5? Something like that. Funny how in just a matter of days, the Mavs' current playoff matchup changed from Utah to Portland to Sactown to LA!
Old 03-19-2001, 09:35 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

Lakers are 45-22..Mavs are 43-23. Doesn't that make it 2.5 games?
Old 03-19-2001, 09:36 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

I failed math btw.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:37 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

Ok it's 1.5 games. My bad.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:38 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Was tonight's loss #22 for them(I thought it was #23)? If so then your right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 03-19-2001, 09:39 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

oh...uuhhh.... I knew it was that all along [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 03-19-2001, 09:41 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

Ok this may sound stupid, but can someone explain to me how to calculate the numbers of gb? I mean, if the Lakers are 45-22 and the Mavs 43-23, how does that come out to 1.5? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2001, 09:45 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ok, this is how you do it.

...............W L PCT GB
1 San Antonio 46 20 .697 -
3 Utah 45 20 .692 ½
4 LA Lakers 45 22 .672 1 ½
2 Sacramento 44 21 .677 1 ½
6 Portland 43 23 .652 3
5 Dallas 43 23 .652 3

Lakers are 1-1/2 games behind SA. We're 3 back of SA. That's a difference of 1.5 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 03-19-2001, 09:48 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

Ohhh so you base it on the leader..excellent [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2001, 12:01 AM   #15
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Basically you just take the difference in games won (+ or -) add the difference in games lost (+ or -) and then divide by two.

If you beat a team you are 1 game up on the team. But because you are comparing a bunch of different teams who are all playing each other on moving schedules, you break the effect of that one game in half--the winning team goes up +1/2, the losing team down -1/2.

Most boards use the first place team, but you can use any. The Dallasmavericks.com playoff tracker uses whoever is in eighth place.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 09:39 AM   #16
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

It would be great to see LA fall to the 7th seed.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 09:40 AM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Not if we move up to 2nd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .