Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-18-2004, 11:24 AM   #1
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mavericks want Carter!?

Here's what german sport1.de says about the Mavs wanting Carter, for those of you who speak German:
(I don't know how they found out, but they think the deal is pretty much done, according to insiders... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] )

"Air Canada" soll für Dallas fliegen

Torontos Vince Carter soll demnächst für die Mavs Körbe erzielen

München - Die Tausch- und Wechselbörse in der NBA bringt beinahe täglich neue Top-Meldungen hervor. Jetzt sind es die Dallas Mavericks, die vor einer spektakulären Neuverpflichtung stehen.
Im Gespräch beim Nowitzki-Team ist Torontos Vince Carter. Glaubt man Insidern, soll der Deal schon unter Dach und Fach sein.

Toronto-Manager widerspricht

Wenn auch der neue Raptors-Manager Rob Babcock in der "Toronto Sun" heftig dementiert ("Da ist nichts dran"), muss er doch eingestehen, "dass die Entscheidung mehr bei Vince liegt als bei uns".
Babcock weiter: "Vince Carter ist ein entscheidender und sehr wertvoller Spieler für uns und wir sind nicht aktiv dabei, ihn zu verkaufen."

58 Millionen Dollar für vier Jahre

Der viermalige All-Star soll für vier Jahre bei den Mavs 58 Millionen Dollar erhalten. Ersetzen soll er Antoine Walker, der die Erwartungen der Texaner nicht erfüllen konnte. Walker wird mit den New York Knicks in Verbindung gebracht.
Während die Bemühungren um Carter verstärkt fortgesetzt werden, sollen drei neue Spieler Verträge in Dallas unterschreiben.
Es handelt sich dabei um Marquis Daniels, Avery Johnson und Didier Ilunga-Mbenga. Daniels - er hat eine imponierende Rookie-Saison hinter sich - soll einen Sechs-Jahres-Vertrag unterzeichnen, der ihm 38 Millionen Dollar bringt.

Rückkehr von Avery Johnson

Center Ilunga-Mbenga unterschreibt für zwei Jahre und beginnt mit einem Gehalt von 1,6 Millionen Dollar im ersten Jahr.
Johnson, der bereits für die Mavs gespielt hatte, stimmte einem Ein-Jahres-Vertrag zu, der ihm das Minimum für einen "Veteranen" garantiert - 1,1 Millionen Dollar.
Er wird als Ersatz-Point-Guard geholt, seine Hauptaufgaben sollen allerdings im Trainer-Bereich liegen.

Johnson Nachfolger von Nelson?

"Er wird meine rechte Hand auf der Bank", so Don Nelson. Der Mavericks-Coach schätzt die Qualitäten von Johnson hoch ein und hofft, ihn als seinen Nachfolger aufbauen zu können.
"Ich freue mich, dass ich ihn ins Trainer-Geschäft einführen darf", so Nelson. Johnson soll sich als Assistents-Coach vor allem um die Defensive der Mavericks kümmern und seine Erfahrung an Devin Harris und Neuling Daniels weitergeben.
Johnsons Manager Tony Dutt ist erfreut über die Möglichkeiten, die sich seinem Schützling bieten. "Es geht nicht ums Geld", so Dutt. "Es ist eine Vorbereitung auf seine Zukunft."
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavericks want Carter!?

LOL what does that say in English? I don't have one of those translator thingies.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #3
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Mavericks want Carter!?

Would someone mind putting that in English
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

This translation isn't great but you kind of get the gist of it.

"air Canada" is to fly for Dallas

Torontos Vince Carter is for the Mavs baskets to shortly
obtain

Munich - the exchange and change stock exchange in the NBA
bring almost daily new Top messages out. Now there is the Dallas Mavericks, before a spectacular new obligation stand.
In the discussion at the Nowitzki team is Torontos Vince Carter. One believes Insidern, the Deal is to already be signed and sealed.

Toronto manager contradicts

Even if the new RWS gate manager disclaims Rob Babcock in the
"Toronto Sun" violently ("nothing is there to"), it must admit nevertheless, "that the decision is to more with Vince than with us".
Babcock further: "Vince Carter is not a crucial and very valuable player for us and we
participates active, to sell it."

58 million dollar for four years

The four times all star is for four years with the Mavs 58
million dollar to receive. To replace is it Antoine Walker, that expectations of the Texaner not to fulfill could. Walker is brought with the New York of break in connection.
While the Bemuehungren is strengthened continued around Carter, are three new players contracts in Dallas to sign.
It concerns thereby Marquis Daniels, Avery Johnson and Didier Ilunga Mbenga. Daniels - it has an impressive Rookie season behind itself - is to
sign a six-annual contract, it 38 million dollar brings.

Return of Avery Johnson

Center Ilunga Mbenga signs for two years and begins with a
content of 1.6 million dollar in the first year.
Johnson, for the Mavs had already played, agreed an in annual contract, that it the minimum for "veterans" guarantees - 1.1 million dollar.
It is gotten as replacement POINT Guard, its major tasks are to lie however in the coach range.

Johnson successor of Nelson?

"it becomes my right hand in the bank", so Don Nelson. The Mavericks mavericks-Coach estimates the qualities of Johnson
highly and hopes, to be able to develop it as its successor.
"I am pleased, that I may introduce it to the coach business ", so Nelson. Johnson is to worry as a Assistents assistents-Coach particularly
about the defensive of the Mavericks and to pass its experience on at
Devin Harris and beginner Daniels.
Johnsons manager Tony Dutt is pleased over the possibilities, to its favorite are offered. "it does not concern the money", so Dutt. "it is a preparation on its future."
Old 07-18-2004, 12:29 PM   #5
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

They dont seem to have any real facts about the raptors deal. They just said that it is already done... even though the raptors say it isnt. I dont really trust this source.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:20 PM   #6
fabolous

fabolous is on a distinguished road

Hey #41,
if you are from germany you should know that sport1.de is a bad source for basketball news...
they will never have more insider informations then a homepage from der states...
fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:24 PM   #7
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: fabolous
Hey #41,
if you are from germany you should know that sport1.de is a bad source for basketball news...
they will never have more insider informations then a homepage from der states...
Of course, it's just funny how they tell the german public false facts/stories about american sports, and this wasn't the first time...
Old 07-19-2004, 04:43 AM   #8
FolterKammer84

FolterKammer84 is on a distinguished road

sport1.de just translates espn articles and changes some parts of the text but its always old stuff . the only stuff i would read on this site is something about soccer or olympia.
FolterKammer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:51 AM   #9
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I prefer to get my latest sports rumors from www.bild.de (the one and only lot-of-nipples-on-front-page German tabloid)

after Shaq's Miami deal was done, they said something like: 'Now Nowitzki stays in Dallas' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:51 AM   #10
Platinum Member

BTW Dirk's shoe size is 51 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]