Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-14-2008, 01:53 AM   #1
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Dirk possibility: Dirk for Lamarcus Aldridge/Rudy Fernandez/Raef's contract

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...6~6~6&te=&cash=

dallas outgoing:
dirk

dallas incoming from portland:
lamarcus aldridge
rudy fernandez
raef lafrentz

-2 young studs, and the ability to shave an extra 12 million off the cap after the season. Portland instantly becomes a top 5 team in this league.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
buddha08

buddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Good Trade

I think this is a great idea. Portland gets leadership, we get to rebuild and shed some contracts. Probably needs some tweaking but is in the right direction.
buddha08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Portland is going to be a huge contender with Aldridge, Roy, Fernandez, and Oden in a year or two. I can't see why they would do this. They are just now putting their pieces together and they are beginning to get dangerously good. If it's not broken don't fix it.

Last edited by Zki41; 11-14-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:20 AM   #4
GMFFDHT

GMFFDHT is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I am a Dirk-fan like most of us here, but why the hell should Portland do this? They are definetely one of the teams with the brightest future in the league. Why trade 2 important pieces of that future away. If the mavs had a team like Portland I'd be happy even if that meant not to reach the playoffs this season.
GMFFDHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

i think you can get way more for Dirk.
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

both ends of the spectrum here. I personally feel like this is more than we should realistically be able to get for him.

Instead of rudy, what if we got travis outlaw? and gave them cash?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:26 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I Love the trade idea, Doubtful Portland would tamper with the future, but when you get a chance to win now I think you need to jump on it. I would rather have Rudy over Outlaw for sure, that dude is stone-cold. Raefs contract would be hard to pry away probably, frees up near 12 mil ish i think.. Not sure Portland would do this but I love LA's game and Rudy's.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #8
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFFDHT View Post
Sorry, I am a Dirk-fan like most of us here, but why the hell should Portland do this? They are definetely one of the teams with the brightest future in the league. Why trade 2 important pieces of that future away. If the mavs had a team like Portland I'd be happy even if that meant not to reach the playoffs this season.
Potland needs to start planning to sign their own free agents, beetwen 2010-2011, Webster, Outlaw, Roy and Lamarcus will be free agent and if Oden is as good as advertise he will be a year after that, thats a lot of moola, also there is not playing time for these guys along with Fernandez, Batun, Rodriguez and Byless to go around.

I hear Barry in the televised game beetwen Portland and Miami suggesting that Paul Allen is considering a blockbuster deal this year to address that situation

Dirk will be ideal for them, a superstar that will be coming off the books exactly when all these guys need to be signed.

IMO I doubt that they part away with both LA and Rudy but a combination of Outlaw/Webster with Batun/Byless and LA/Rudy will do it for me.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #9
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Why u people wanna trade dirk, the only reason that i like the mavs is dirk~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
arsenalmavsfan

arsenalmavsfan is on a distinguished road

I think they're discussing it because this team has hit a new low in the new millenium. the past 5-8 years, we've been consistently competing for the conference title in the west, but now we're out of the race.

It's just a matter of refreshing the team a little, I personally would keep him and give him a decent supporting cast/coach, but the mavs are about to hit the rebuild button, and Dirk isn't getting any younger. We can either rebuild around him once more, or we can start with J-ho and Green,
arsenalmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #11
nowhereman
Diamond Member

because dirk deserves another chance at a championship?

and because the only reason you like the mavs is dirk?

Quote: