Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-20-2001, 12:37 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The parent company of Kentucy Fried Chicken wants to buy the Grizz and bring them to Louisville. Of course they'd also like to rename the team the "Kentucky Colonels," and the new arena would be the "KFC Bucket" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Man does anyone else find this hilarious?! This would definitely be the last straw for the current Grizz players! It's bad enough having that awful bear as their logo, but that's still a whole lot better than Colonel Sanders [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Link: Louisville sweetens offer to Heisley
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2001, 12:39 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

ROTFLMAO........KFC Bucket.......LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 12:46 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Their theme song could be Chicken Head by Project Pat (speaking of which, where's giostar been?).

bawk bawk! chicken chicken..
bawk bawk! chicken head..
Old 03-20-2001, 05:08 PM   #4
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

That is just too funny.
I wouldnt mind seeing them in Kentucky, I could see the mavericks more often then. Im only 3 hours from there.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 05:41 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I can just see a 30 foot poster of Big-Country on the side of the stadium smiling at a greasy drumstick.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 06:38 PM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I can guarantee you that I would buy some Kentucky Colonel's merhandise if that happened... It would be great if they had a big angry chicken in the logo...
Old 03-21-2001, 05:06 AM   #7
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Hehe I like it, particularly 'the bucket'
Old 03-22-2001, 04:36 AM   #8
scooterj5
Golden Member

Does anyone know if the rumours are true; that the Colonel was a KKK'er?
Old 03-22-2001, 05:15 AM   #9
scooterj5
Golden Member

PS, KKK sux!
Old 03-22-2001, 06:14 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the colonel was in the klan...
Old 03-22-2001, 10:05 PM   #11
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I've heard that before too, hopefully it's not true.
Old 03-24-2001, 04:24 AM   #12
scooterj5
Golden Member

Where do you keep getting these pictures from evilmav??
Old 03-24-2001, 12:58 PM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Wasted time can do a lot of things... Finding amusing pictures is one of them...
Old 03-24-2001, 01:28 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Is this going to be the new mascot of the Kentucky Colonels?

Old 03-24-2001, 01:30 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

ahahahhahahaa [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

holy crap that's some funny shit!
Old 03-25-2001, 11:15 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

It sounds like the Grizz are going to Memphis and will be called the Express.

Grizz to Memphis

Old 03-26-2001, 12:51 AM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Maybe they could buy the rights to the name "Maniax" from Vince McMahon...
Old 03-26-2001, 07:06 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

The Hornets are also applying to relocate to Memphis..what's up with that?!

Hornets will apply to relocate team to Memphis
By Rick Bonnell and Lauren Markoe

The Charlotte Hornets are applying to the NBA today to move the team to Memphis.

Hornets co-owner Ray Wooldridge told The Observer this afternoon that he needs to meet today's NBA deadline to preserve his options if Charlotte voters don't approve a new uptown arena in a June referendum.

Wooldridge said his preference is to keep the team in Charlotte.

"This (the NBA deadline) is not a date that I created,'' Wooldridge told The Observer in an exclusive interview. "We can't get into a situation where we don't have an option (should the June referendum fail). This does not change anything'' as far as working out a deal in Charlotte.

Wooldridge said the team could lose $25-$40 million next season if he did not apply for relocation and the referendum failed - making the Hornets a lame-duck franchise. He called that possibility "disasterous financially.''

However applying for relocation also has consequences, potentially turning some voters against passage of the referendum. Mayor Pat McCrory described it as a politically risky move last week.

{quot}It may be a smart short-term business move, but a very poor political move,{quot} McCrory said.

The Vancouver Grizzlies also filed for relocation today, reportedly also to move to Memphis.

If the Charlotte deal falls through, and if NBA owners approve, the Hornets would begin playing in The Pyramid in Memphis next season.

Wooldridge, who was born in Memphis, said The Pyramid would be only a temporary solution, that the town would build an NBA-quality arena if either team moves there.

Wooldridge also confirmed that he discussed swapping franchises with the Grizzlies and selling the team to Charlotte interests. He said that he has not received a firm offer on either of those options.

Source: Hornets will apply to relocate team to Memphis
Old 03-26-2001, 07:32 PM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I saw that too. I knew the Hornets were up for sale but I didn't know they were leaving. They should stay in Charlotte.

If Memphis supports the Grizz anything like the way Nashville supports the Predetors, it's going to be a great move for the Grizz IMO.